Translation Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

• Thread starter yugix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,593,463
  • Replies 2,283
  • Likes 730

Which do you prefer for place names?!

• Stick with Japanese names for all names.

Votes: 141 27.9%
  • Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

Votes: 365 72.1%

• Total voters

Takeshi55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm glad this thread is still alive.
I personally want the Japanese names to be kept, but most people want the English names, so I guess you're going with that.

BTW, will the AR codes for the normal Japanese version work with this patch? I've played Pokémon mods before and the codes tend to work still.

Garysia88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually i was thinking all places names should be changed to english, but since this is not an option, i go for the all japanese(already voted). It's better than half-half IMO.

Reactions: Whole

Whole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Actually i was thinking all places names should be changed to english, but since this is not an option, i go for the all japanese(already voted). It's better than half-half IMO.

I agree with this, perhaps if the half-half option wins we could have another poll to decide whether or not to translate the "new names" as well.

garmmon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
garmmon.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
^The names are all going to be in English; pretty much the situation is:
Japanese names for all names: We retranslate all the location names, even the ones that appeared in Dawn/Dusk. So Shadow Abyss > Shadow Hell, etc (I can't actually think of anything else at the moment..) since that's what they originally were in Japanese.
Using dub names for old names and Japanese for new ones: We'll keep the old names like Shadow Abyss that were used in Dawn/Dusk. Any new locations that appear (Palace Laboratory for example) will..well, be translated that way.

Hope that clears things up.

Reactions: Garysia88

Whole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
^The names are all going to be in English; pretty much the situation is:
Japanese names for all names: We retranslate all the location names, even the ones that appeared in Dawn/Dusk. So Shadow Abyss > Shadow Hell, etc (I can't actually think of anything else at the moment..) since that's what they originally were in Japanese.
Using dub names for old names and Japanese for new ones: We'll keep the old names like Shadow Abyss that were used in Dawn/Dusk. Any new locations that appear (Palace Laboratory for example) will..well, be translated that way.

Hope that clears things up.

Thank you, I misunderstood completely. I thought that the first option was to romanize all the japanese names instead of translating them and the second one was to use the previously translated ones and romanize the new ones. You should try rewording the poll, I think some people understood something similar to what I did.

yugix

Sleepy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sorry, I think I mess it up in the poll options.

But, I can't edit or fix the poll.
Does anyone know how to do it? Since it doesn't have an option to edit.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry, I think I mess it up in the poll options.

But, I can't edit or fix the poll.
Does anyone know how to do it? Since it doesn't have an option to edit.
I think you'll need to PM the mods/staff for that.

It´s Sad to Say that I Won´t be Playing the Translated Game since 3DS is the Future
Bye :)

Reactions: Phoenix Goddess

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5