Translation Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

• Thread starter yugix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,593,869
  • Replies 2,283
  • Likes 730

Which do you prefer for place names?!

• Stick with Japanese names for all names.

Votes: 141 27.9%
  • Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

Votes: 365 72.1%

• Total voters

Garysia88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Patience is a virtue, somemore, it is free....
if indeed completed, have fun....
if somehow not(not that i mean it will not be completed...erh hem...), well, is not like we pay them to do the job, can't complain....

anyway, good job guys and awaiting good news, a fan of this game...

garmmon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
garmmon.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I've been allowed to work on the story translation; the doc I was given has quite a handful of google translations/grammatical errors inside so I'm working to fix those now, hopefully I can make some progress on the rest of the translation soon (don't expect anything too fast though, there's a huge bunch left and I have lots of other things aside from this project to do as well). I might have missed some though so I'll apologise in advance if there are any inconsistencies/mistakes left in the text that wasn't totally translated by me P:

I liked this game so I do hope that this patch will one day be completed! I'll be trying my best as well to make it look as professional as I can on my end ;P

TMS1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you the Garmmon I think you are? Great to see that you've joined the project! It's been in desperate need of a good translator.

garmmon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
garmmon.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Haha yes ;>

Also a little something regarding the translations; it's not totally clear in the doc who is speaking what line, so I might have made some mistakes like making a line sound like it's spoken by the wrong character/used the wrong gender pronouns etc. Hopefully when the text is inserted we can see where I've gone wrong, haha.

yugix

Sleepy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Thanks Garmmon,
You're doing a very great thing in the document.

Finally, I can see that there is some light shed onto this project again.

Also, about the translation document, I think that all katakana speeches were made by Erasers (which are simply robots) but I can't verify until I insert them in the PAK file and run the game again.

Korn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Also, about the translation document, I think that all katakana speeches were made by Erasers (which are simply robots) but I can't verify until I insert them in the PAK file and run the game again.

In general, are there many kanji in this game or rather hiragana/katakana only?

garmmon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
garmmon.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
yugix:
No prob, glad to help out!
I think some of them might be spoken by other Digimon as well, but yeah I can't be sure either. Having completed the game 3 years ago I've pretty much forgotten everything :P

Korn:
Nope, it's hiragana/katakana only (at least for the most part). I wish there were kanji to make my life easier, but oh well. ):

garmmon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
garmmon.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Since this thread is a bit more active now I guess I'll take the opportunity to ask this here:

There are two main continents in this game; up till now I've been referring to them as 'Motherboard Continent' and 'Graphics Board Continent'. The thing is I'm not sure how well the name 'Graphics Board Continent' flows? It does look really...clunky compared to 'Motherboard Continent', plus I'm not sure if character limit is an issue?
Motherboard Continent is Japanese is マザボたいりく (mazabo tairiku), and Graphics Board Continent is グラボたいりく (grabo tairiku). So I could call them the Mazabo Continent and the Grabo Continent, but personally I don't like how 'Mazabo' looks lol.

So what do you guys think? Mazabo/Grabo Continents, or Motherboard/Graphics Board Continents?

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
I like the idea that it's Motherboard and Graphics Board; kinda reminds me how in Adventure it was File Island and the Server Continent.

Motherboard Continent looks good, but is there a way we can shorten Graphics Board into something more cohesive? I guess we could use Grabo but that would be weird to mix and match, ya know? Maybe Mobo Continent and Grabo Continent, since Mobo is short for Motherboard?

Reactions: Black-Ice

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I like the idea that it's Motherboard and Graphics Board; kinda reminds me how in Adventure it was File Island and the Server Continent.

Motherboard Continent looks good, but is there a way we can shorten Graphics Board into something more cohesive? I guess we could use Grabo but that would be weird to mix and match, ya know? Maybe Mobo Continent and Grabo Continent, since Mobo is short for Motherboard?

Localization work! #TimeToBeHelpful

Mobo and Grabo sound good.
I kinda want grabo to be a graphics pun, like Intel continent or something :D

TMS1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We should probably figure out what the character limit is. But if we have to use abbreviations, maybe Motherbo or something similar could be used instead of Mazabo.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We should probably figure out what the character limit is. But if we have to use abbreviations, maybe Motherbo or something similar could be used instead of Mazabo.

Motherbo doesn't sound good though. Its not just a matter of shortening it, it would be cool if the word we used sounded good too.
What Mirby suggested earlier (mobo) is a better alternative

yugix

Sleepy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Since this thread is a bit more active now I guess I'll take the opportunity to ask this here:

There are two main continents in this game; up till now I've been referring to them as 'Motherboard Continent' and 'Graphics Board Continent'. The thing is I'm not sure how well the name 'Graphics Board Continent' flows? It does look really...clunky compared to 'Motherboard Continent', plus I'm not sure if character limit is an issue?
Motherboard Continent is Japanese is マザボたいりく (mazabo tairiku), and Graphics Board Continent is グラボたいりく (grabo tairiku). So I could call them the Mazabo Continent and the Grabo Continent, but personally I don't like how 'Mazabo' looks lol.

So what do you guys think? Mazabo/Grabo Continents, or Motherboard/Graphics Board Continents?

Motherbo doesn't sound good though. Its not just a matter of shortening it, it would be cool if the word we used sounded good too.
What Mirby suggested earlier (mobo) is a better alternative

The problem is with the location name, is that there is 13 letter or so for the limit (I can add more but it will be cut off when shown).

I suggest the names to MB or GB, but they could confuse with MegaByte and GigaByte respectively. Right now, I added them as Mazabo and Grabo but I think other suggestions may be better.

Glades

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about instead of Graphics board, Video/Visual instead? Or Mainframe / Videoframe, though that doesn't sound too good, imo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Gross. lol