Hacking DARKCORP v1.0 Release!

Gan1664

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Finally succes ! Both Damysteryman and Wiipower were right:

The game was patched to IOS249 and was giving an error 002 (works with neogamma but not in disc channel).

I run it with Softship and the text is really speed: i take a few pictures and one string was "This game is recommended to run with IOS53). I recommend to be very speed to read or take a picture !

I have patched the iso with Waninkoko IOS patcher to IOS53 and . . . problem resolved !!

Thanks again both of you !

Inferior_Design

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
damysteryman said:
At least you got it reading discs now.

If you notice any trouble reading discs, try the official lens cleaner, but if it gets worse after that, then that would mean that the laser is dead at that point.

But I don't think that a loud drive is a syptom for a dying laser.

Maybe it's just the drive's motor?

It's probably the laser. It's past warranty... Seems like the best way would be to crack it open and drop in a replacement DVD drive. Eventually. I'm going to put that off as long as I can. Unless I can find a cheap place online.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No problem!

Good to know that you guys' problems have been solved.

@Inferior _Design:
I wouls suggest using it as much as possible.
Do not change the drive or laser until it's actually fully dead, since there's a chance it may not be the laser. There's a chance that everything could be fine.

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I like DarkCorp(cIOSCorp), it does it's job well and I dont use USB loaders, so this is perfect for Disc Channel Loading needs.

In the other Hand, I will stop using it untill an cIOS249 is built to support all games and not running into Error002, IOS Reloading leading to game freeze, etc.

I dont like using backup launchers... they are... what Should I say... just anoying.

Perfect Super Lite setup would be.

BannerBomb
HackMii Installer (Homebrew Channel, BootMii, DVDx)
TBR for IOS36
Install the unexistant so wished cIOSx Rev 1337 (my wish list)
Install PriiLoader
Configure PriiLoader to use IOS249 for System Menu and Force Games to use IOS249

This would be the greatest backup loading solution for Disc Channel... but for now the next best thing is DarkCorp.

Enjoy!!!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You are missing some things:
A lot of import games need to be played by a loader(Country String patching and language patching seems very difficult to be done by the disc channel, also no video mode patches on disc channel)
Your one cIOS for everything needs more features, some games require the cIOS to be based of a certain IOS(Monter Hunter Tri is the latest example)
When forcing IOS249, you will get 002 error on every game

Even if the IOS Reload problem is fixed in the cIOS, it still won't be possible to make everything as easy as you want it

PhillipDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I tried this on my friend's Wii (he was always complaning about having to go into Neogamma even when I installed it as a channel ¬¬) and so far so good, NSMBW is working NO PROBLEM, and all the other games he has are working perfectly! Really easy to set up, too!

Thanks a whole bunch for this =D!

highanimalhouse

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I go to install the lite/full version of DARKCORP on IOS249 and it comes back with an Exception -1049 Error! ES_Identify message and asks me to reboot.

carlomagno1978

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
highanimalhouse said:
I go to install the lite/full version of DARKCORP on IOS249 and it comes back with an Exception -1049 Error! ES_Identify message and asks me to reboot.

run the darkcorp uninstaller, then follow the sticky guid here, and then install again darkcorp

highanimalhouse

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
carlomagno1978 said:
highanimalhouse said:

run the darkcorp uninstaller, then follow the sticky guid here, and then install again darkcorp

I tried the second option from the readme for IOS 249 with rev 18/19 and it worked. Playing Monster Hunter 3 Tri now

threi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
trying to uninstall it right now, it fails at 84% downloading title 0000000100000038 version 5146. Gives a "file not found" error.

anyways how do i fix this...

*edit* fixed it myself (had to hunt for the IOS myself) but that is something that should be looked at in the uninstaller, it makes it hang unless you already have the IOS on your SD card.

carlomagno1978

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
highanimalhouse said:
carlomagno1978 said:
highanimalhouse said:

I tried the second option from the readme for IOS 249 with rev 18/19 and it worked. Playing Monster Hunter 3 Tri now

grog.gif

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
WiiPower said:
You are missing some things:
A lot of import games need to be played by a loader(Country String patching and language patching seems very difficult to be done by the disc channel, also no video mode patches on disc channel)
Your one cIOS for everything needs more features, some games require the cIOS to be based of a certain IOS(Monter Hunter Tri is the latest example)
When forcing IOS249, you will get 002 error on every game

Even if the IOS Reload problem is fixed in the cIOS, it still won't be possible to make everything as easy as you want it

cry.gif

My Dreams are shattered....

Hmmm... aboud a WAD Disc Channel clone that will pickup Game Disc content and displays the game inserterted in drive?

damysteryman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
threi said:
trying to uninstall it right now, it fails at 84% downloading title 0000000100000038 version 5146. Gives a "file not found" error.

*edit* fixed it myself (had to hunt for the IOS myself) but that is something that should be looked at in the uninstaller, it makes it hang unless you already have the IOS on your SD card.
Interesting...

This is for the lite installer, right?

Thanks for reporting this bug, threi.

It will be fixed in the next version.

damysteryman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hmmm...

Those games should work fine...

What exactly does the Wii do when you try these games?

Does it try to load, then blackscreen?
Do they fail to show in the disc channel?
Do they play in-game, then freeze?
Do you have priiloader/Startpatch? If so, which hacks do you have enabled?
Are they burned onto verbaatim DVD-Rs?

Teton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damysteryman said:
threi said:

Interesting...

This is for the lite installer, right?

Thanks for reporting this bug, threi.

It will be fixed in the next version.

Easy fix
wink.gif

toshio

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
damysteryman said:
Hmmm...

Those games should work fine...

What exactly does the Wii do when you try these games?

Does it try to load, then blackscreen?
Do they fail to show in the disc channel?
Do they play in-game, then freeze?
Do you have priiloader/Startpatch? If so, which hacks do you have enabled?
Are they burned onto verbaatim DVD-Rs?

Well it says unknown disc unable to read it. I have 2 different kinds of DVD-R because i ran out of one the first is TDK, the other is Maxell, I have super smash bro brawl on TDK and it works fine, and monster hunter tri is on Maxell and works fine but some of the games just doesnt work for me for some reason.

damysteryman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hmmm...

If it's not showing in the disc channel, it's not a CORP problem...

So it must be either:
Preloader hack issue
or
Laser issue
or
DVD-R media issue
or
Bad dump/bad burn

If you have preloader or StartPatch installed, make sure "IOS Reloading" aka "Force discs to use IOS249" hack, along with "Force disc region" hacks are DISABLED.

And I suggest you switch to using Verbatim discs, as they are THE BEST. Using crappy media causes more strain for the Wii's laser, which shortens the laser's life.

How long has your Wii been playing burned discs, with this media?
If it's been quite a long time, your laser could be dirty or becoming weak. maybe try the Official Nintendo Wii lens Cleaning Kit, and see if that works. If it doesn't and if your Wii starts having problems with more discs and it gets worse, your laser could be dying if this is the case.

As for the disc, try reburning on Verbatim DVD-R, and see if it works.
if not...
Do you know a friend with a softmodded Wii?
If so, try the same discs in their Wii.
If the works in theirs, but not in your Wii, then your Wii either has a preloader/Startpatch hacks problem or a laser problem.
If it has problems in their Wii too, then it is most likely a bad dump or bad burn.

Hopefully this info helps you get these games working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I never realized askejeves is just ask.com now lol