Hacking Custom Amiibo Cards for BOTW

lambs2lions

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would google "botw zelda amiibo"

I think you mean champions? There was only one guardian amiibo. Also, are you talking about the paint strokes? Cause all of the botw amiibo have different paint stroke backgrounds on the official box arts, not just the champions. Other than the paint strokes I'm not seeing any other differences?

I meant; the paint strokes you used for most of the cards are the same, but you used different paint strokes for the four champions. I was trying to figure out if there was an easy way to swap the background for the four champions so they have the same backgrounds as "botw card archer v3"?

lambs2lions

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would you mind telling me what options you picked to print your cards? The bleeding/cropping on MPC seems a lot more than the guides in the images. I used "Custom Game Cards (63 x 88mm)" as the base. Thank you.

Attachments

• printing.png
    printing.png
    494.8 KB · Views: 59

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would you mind telling me what options you picked to print your cards? The bleeding/cropping on MPC seems a lot more than the guides in the images. I used "Custom Game Cards (63 x 88mm)" as the base. Thank you.
the bleed area is 0.5mm on each edge. So you would need to find out what bleed they are expecting and then batch crop them to take off the difference.
Post automatically merged:

I meant; the paint strokes you used for most of the cards are the same, but you used different paint strokes for the four champions. I was trying to figure out if there was an easy way to swap the background for the four champions so they have the same backgrounds as "botw card archer v3"?
ok i see what you mean now. I have a bunch of photoshop files on my mega drive including the original botw cards. So you can remake the champions with that if you want to have the exact same background on all of them.

Last edited by Random11,

lambs2lions

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the bleed area is 0.5mm on each edge. So you would need to find out what bleed they are expecting and then batch crop them to take off the difference.
Post automatically merged:

ok i see what you mean now. I have a bunch of photoshop files on my mega drive including the original botw cards. So you can remake the champions with that if you want to have the exact same background on all of them.

I understand, I think. So I need to add extra "padding" to compensate for their bleed basically. Thank you for explaining.

I just took a look at the mega drive again, I believe you're referring to "botw_template_by_random11.psd". I can definitely make the edits myself but is there any chance you wouldn't mind sharing the 4 Champion Characters png's or layers, please?

If the answer is no, that's unfortunate but I understand that you're going through the thread that you're having trouble with people taking credit for your work.

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I understand, I think. So I need to add extra "padding" to compensate for their bleed basically. Thank you for explaining.

by the looks of it you have to remove some padding not add it

any chance you wouldn't mind sharing the 4 Champion Characters png's or layers, please?

to give them to you i would just google them again I dont have them saved, which you can do yourself if you need them. Trust me, its not like they are hard to find. The character art is the easiest thing to find for pretty much every amiibo card. It should take you like 2 minutes on google images.

lambs2lions

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
by the looks of it you have to remove some padding not add it

to give them to you i would just google them again I dont have them saved, which you can do yourself if you need them. Trust me, its not like they are hard to find. The character art is the easiest thing to find for pretty much every amiibo card. It should take you like 2 minutes on google images.

All good, I did find some after spending a good amount of time looking over the weekend but not the ones you used. You'll notice that the ones I could find were missing the art around the feet and I'm not near skilled enough to add that back in.

Thank you for all the help and feedback, I'll remove some of the padding and I'll share how the cards turn out. Have a great night. :)

Attachments

• Daruk_-_BotW_art_nobg.png
    Daruk_-_BotW_art_nobg.png
    951.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Mipha_-_BotW_art_nobg.png
    Mipha_-_BotW_art_nobg.png
    160.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Revali_-_BotW_art_nobg.png
    Revali_-_BotW_art_nobg.png
    212.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Urbosa_-_BotW_art_nobg.png
    Urbosa_-_BotW_art_nobg.png
    865.7 KB · Views: 52

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All good, I did find some after spending a good amount of time looking over the weekend but not the ones you used. You'll notice that the ones I could find were missing the art around the feet and I'm not near skilled enough to add that back in.

Thank you for all the help and feedback, I'll remove some of the padding and I'll share how the cards turn out. Have a great night. :)

the bit around the feet is from the version of the images that have paint strokes in the background. I might have cut them out myself so you'd have to do the same if you want that too. But if youre just fixing the corner of the background... import the finished images from the mega folder into the photoshop template and mask that bit out. You dont even really need the character art.

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To properly make a card that matches the BOTW V2 and V3 cards I need to recreate the paint strokes behind link. That is annoying and IDK how well I will be able to do it (I did it horribly for the BOTW cards), so it will probably be a bit before I feel like tackling that. In the meanwhile, here are V1 and V4 versions.

Hope everyone enjoys the game.
totk playing thumbs.png

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To properly make a card that matches the BOTW V2 and V3 cards I need to recreate the paint strokes behind link. That is annoying and IDK how well I will be able to do it (I did it horribly for the BOTW cards), so it will probably be a bit before I feel like tackling that. In the meanwhile, here are V1 and V4 versions.

Hope everyone enjoys the game.

I commend you for having such dedication to your work and to do the best job possible. But IMO, these three TotK cards look great. Thank you for your work!

nave3d

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried to make some variants of designs a while back

Attachments

• Super Smash Bros (New Card Design).jpg
    Super Smash Bros (New Card Design).jpg
    535.1 KB · Views: 48
  • NewMonsterHunter.jpg
    NewMonsterHunter.jpg
    721.9 KB · Views: 46
  • new botw).jpg
    new botw).jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Monster Hunter.jpg
    Monster Hunter.jpg
    881.8 KB · Views: 45
  • MetroidDredd.jpg
    MetroidDredd.jpg
    694 KB · Views: 46
  • Fire Emblem.jpg
    Fire Emblem.jpg
    609.9 KB · Views: 52

nyndream

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hi, since I'm newbie with amiibo and want to make for my personal use, may I ask where I can find these images and amiibo bin? Thank you in advance!!
weapon.jpg

Blu3Bee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Took a shot at making a "v2" version of the TotK card, based on a mashup of Random's amazing v1 and v4 images.

Attachments

• totk card link v2.png
    totk card link v2.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 58

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nice. I do still plan on making a v2 and v3 of the totk card. I am just busy right now... it will probably be a couple weeks many months.

Last edited by Random11,
Reactions: Blu3Bee

forthisisme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice. I do still plan on making a v2 and v3 of the totk card. I am just busy right now... it will probably be a couple weeks.
Hey! Just wanted to say thanks for doing all of this...again. LOL, I've stepped away for years to only come back and see you're still keeping at it. I appreciate it!

Reactions: Random11

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@