Hacking Custom Amiibo Cards for BOTW

GuruGuru214

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping to get a jump on cards for the two new TotK amiibo coming out, but it doesn't seem like Nintendo has released clean artwork for Zelda. I finished the game months ago, so I'm in no rush, but I figured I'd see if anyone's got a lead on it.

Reactions: impeeza

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was hoping to get a jump on cards for the two new TotK amiibo coming out, but it doesn't seem like Nintendo has released clean artwork for Zelda. I finished the game months ago, so I'm in no rush, but I figured I'd see if anyone's got a lead on it.
I was expecting them to have advertised the amiibo with the clean images... but nothing... they havent even updated the tears of the kingdom website with anything about the two new amiibo at all
Post automatically merged:

For anyone interested. I have finally got around to making a V2 and V3 of link. Its on my Mega drive.

totk playing thumbs v2 v3.png

Last edited by Random11,

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ganondorf (who I will post soon) and Zelda both have different paint strokes behind them on their cards however I am just going to use the same paint strokes from Link. The full art for Ganondorf and Zelda with the paint strokes isn't available (as far as I have seen) but even if I could find it somewhere it would be a lot of work to remove the characters from the paint strokes and also this would be keeping in line with the BOTW cards where I used the same background for all of those cards even though they also had different paint strokes for each amiibo. totk playing thumbs zelda.png

Last edited by Random11,

lambs2lions

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
youre a wizard harry, I havent been able to find that image of zelda anywhere. Thanks.
Its low quality but at least its the first ive seen the full image anywhere.

It’s from the Japanese Official Physical guide. It might exist in the Piggyback English physical guide as well but not sure since I don’t own it.

Best I could figure is that someone either bought the Japanese or English physical guide and scanned the page, turned it into a png and shared it. I haven’t seen it on any official Nintendo websites either unfortunately.

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It’s from the Japanese Official Physical guide. It might exist in the Piggyback English physical guide as well but not sure since I don’t own it.

Best I could figure is that someone either bought the Japanese or English physical guide and scanned the page, turned it into a png and shared it. I haven’t seen it on any official Nintendo websites either unfortunately.
Yes I reverse image searched it and found that the source was the guide book. I have the English guide book (It was done by Piggyback not Kadokawa) and it doesn't have the art of Zelda that we needed.

The page in question was actually used as a preview page to advertise the book... not from a scanned page. https://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/000013131.000007006.html

The search also came back with this amazon page for the kindle edition of the book. https://amzn.asia/d/0kaym7b Which has a higher quality version of the image on its cover (although some of her leg was obscured by link and her arm was cut off).

I also found this clear image stand for the art work https://www.ndw.jp/nd2310-353-preview/ which let me figure out some of the details that I was missing as well.

Anyway I was able to use all that and some AI up-scaling to composite together a complete image. So thanks again for posting the link you did. It let me find all of this.
Post automatically merged:

Also... here's Ganondorf
totk playing thumbs ganondorf.png

Last edited by Random11,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Ganondorf (who I will post soon) and Zelda both have different paint strokes behind them on their cards however I am just going to use the same paint strokes from Link. The full art for Ganondorf and Zelda with the paint strokes isn't available (as far as I have seen) but even if I could find it somewhere it would be a lot of work to remove the characters from the paint strokes and also this would be keeping in line with the BOTW cards where I used the same background for all of those cards even though they also had different paint strokes for each amiibo. View attachment 403437
how is what I didn't know these amiibos are available since November 3rd!!!!

1700102504231.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto