Hacking [RELEASE] Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition - Vita Full ENG Translation

VinceTea64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a full English translation of Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition for the PlayStation Vita. There was only a PS VITA English menu patch made by Androu1 so I decided to port Tsukimori's PS3 translation to the Vita version down to its text and graphics with the consent of Tsukimori. All elements that were translated in the PS3 version are here in the Vita version, meaning all words, textures, etc. are in English here with some exceptions seen in Note 1. I also corrected small typos here and there that were present in the PS3 translation.

Here is what's been translated (Same as Tsukimori's PS3 version):

• *All* game menus
  • *All* character stories and win quotes
  • Character Select Screen, including scrolling and descriptive texts
  • In-battle character names and support character comments
  • Special in-battle texts for Ako's and Rusian's attacks
(Note 1) Here what's not translated and won't be translated (Same as Tsukimori's PS3 version):
  • Opening and Ending movies
  • Trophy and game title data
  • Player Card Titles in the CUSTOMIZE menu
  • Light novel sample previews in the SPECIAL menu
Known Issues:
  • In the Character Select Screen, the blue and red text near the character's art are displayed vertically instead of horizontally. The text also covers up a bit of the characters select portrait near the bottom, but is still readable. (This issue is not in the PS3 translation btw)
Screenshots:
2023-08-22-131203.png
2023-08-22-131921.png
2023-08-22-131215.png
2023-08-22-131437.png
2023-08-22-132045.png
2023-08-22-133735.png
2023-08-22-132830.png
2023-08-22-133333.png
2023-08-22-132651.png
2023-08-22-131304.png
2023-08-22-131355.png
2023-08-22-133054.png

Installation Instructions:
You will need VitaShell and the Repatch plugin for patching the game
Refer to the VitaShell's github page and the Repatch wiki for more details

1. Install base game and its update (Version 1.04)
2. Download and extract patch archive.
3. Move the PCSG00758 folder to ux0:rePatch using VitaShell. (If the rePatch folder in ux0 doesn't exist, create it)
4. Launch game

Download Link:

MEGA - Version 1.3

Special Thanks:
  • Androu1: For his initial PS Vita English patch and proof of concept.​
  • Tsukimori: For the PS3 English translation patch. All English graphics and text were done by this person. This project would have been a lot harder without the help of Tsukimori.​
  • SEGA USA: For their work localizing the original FIGHTING CLIMAX. (It's this game that brought my attention to Ignition)
  • universal_eternity: For helping me understand how .gxt files work. Go check out and support the Gekijouban Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica - The Battle Pentagram (translation project).​
  • Westy: For helping me convert the textures​
  • You: Because I want others to enjoy this game in its entirety. I hope I made this game more accessible to the English audience and for those who doesn't own the other ports of Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition. Vita players can now play this game fully translated!​

Disclaimer:
  • I'm not responsible if this patch causes any issues on your PlayStation Vita. Use at your own risk and make additional back-ups before installing.​
  • Logos, fonts, etc. belong to their respective owners.​
  • This patch is meant for the Vita version. If you are willing to port this English patch to the PS4 version, please contact Tsukimori as all edited graphics and text were done by this person. (See Tsukimori's PS3 translation for more information)​

Changelog:
  • 1.3 - Initial Release and latest version​

Please report any errors and typos in the translation in this GBAtemp thread. May or may not fix them depending how serious the issue is.

Last edited by VinceTea64,

codemasterv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to make this for the ps4 version. I have a partial translation.
Post automatically merged:

I need to make this for the ps4 version. I have a partial translation.

VinceTea64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How hard is it to take an english script from a PS3 game and port it to a VIta version of said game?
For this game, it was a lot easier than I thought. The script files were the same as the PS3 version. It's mostly the textures that took the most time for me to port. It really depends on the game itself and how similar the files are between the two versions

Last edited by VinceTea64,

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For this game, it was a lot easier than I thought. The script files were the same as the PS3 version. It's mostly the textures that took the most time for me to port. It really depends on the game itself and how similar the files are between the two versions
I'm about to do that for Shin Gundam Musou.

Reactions: Tokido

kaliburn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Here's a full English translation of Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition for the PlayStation Vita. There was only a PS VITA English menu patch made by Androu1 so I decided to port Tsukimori's PS3 translation to the Vita version down to its text and graphics with the consent of Tsukimori. All elements that were translated in the PS3 version are here in the Vita version, meaning all words, textures, etc. are in English here with some exceptions seen in Note 1. I also corrected small typos here and there that were present in the PS3 translation.

Here is what's been translated (Same as Tsukimori's PS3 version):

• *All* game menus
  • *All* character stories and win quotes
  • Character Select Screen, including scrolling and descriptive texts
  • In-battle character names and support character comments
  • Special in-battle texts for Ako's and Rusian's attacks
(Note 1) Here what's not translated and won't be translated (Same as Tsukimori's PS3 version):
  • Opening and Ending movies
  • Trophy and game title data
  • Player Card Titles in the CUSTOMIZE menu
  • Light novel sample previews in the SPECIAL menu
Known Issues:
  • In the Character Select Screen, the blue and red text near the character's art are displayed vertically instead of horizontally. The text also covers up a bit of the characters select portrait near the bottom, but is still readable. If you're willing to fix this issue, please contact me. (This issue is not in the PS3 translation btw)
Screenshots:

Installation Instructions:
You will need VitaShell and the Repatch plugin for patching the game
Refer to the VitaShell's github page and the Repatch wiki for more details

1. Install base game and its update (Version 1.04)
2. Download and extract patch archive.
3. Move the PCSG00758 folder to ux0:rePatch using VitaShell. (If the rePatch folder in ux0 doesn't exist, create it)
4. Launch game

Download Link:

MEGA - Version 1.3

Special Thanks:
  • Androu1: For his initial PS Vita English patch and proof of concept.​
  • Tsukimori: For the PS3 English translation patch. All English graphics and text were done by this person. This project would have been a lot harder without the help of Tsukimori.​
  • SEGA USA: For their work localizing the original FIGHTING CLIMAX. (It's this game that brought my attention to Ignition)
  • universal_eternity: For helping me understand how .gxt files work. Go check out and support the Gekijouban Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica - The Battle Pentagram (translation project).​
  • Westy: For helping me convert the textures​
  • You: Because I want others to enjoy this game in its entirety. I hope I made this game more accessible to the English audience and for those who doesn't own the other ports of Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition. Vita players can now play this game fully translated!​

Disclaimer:
  • I'm not responsible if this patch causes any issues on your PlayStation Vita. Use at your own risk and make additional back-ups before installing.​
  • Logos, fonts, etc. belong to their respective owners.​
  • This patch is meant for the Vita version. If you are willing to port this English patch to the PS4 version, please contact Tsukimori as all edited graphics and text were done by this person. (See Tsukimori's PS3 translation for more information)​

Changelog:
  • 1.3 - Initial Release and latest version​

Please report any errors and typos in the translation in this GBAtemp thread. May or may not fix them depending how serious the issue is.
Can you do the same to akiba's trip psp? If only you can, if not then it's okay.

Reactions: sonictopfan

Snowbro88

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, thanks for the patch, just one question, which version of the repatch plugin is the most recommended for this game? I have seen 3.0, the reloaded one, etc.

Thank you.

Danknight207

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hey, so I followed all the instructions on vita3k like with most repatches, but it didin't work. I have the 1.04 version, so what could I have done wrong for the patch to not apply?

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
It works and it's great, thanks.

Hey, so I followed all the instructions on vita3k like with most repatches, but it didin't work. I have the 1.04 version, so what could I have done wrong for the patch to not apply?
You prolly should should be emulating PS3 version anyway for better visuals and no need to decrypt content.

Danknight207

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
It works and it's great, thanks.

You prolly should should be emulating PS3 version anyway for better visuals and no need to decrypt content.
I want to play on the go. I play the pc version with online at home. Edit: what did you do to get it to work just to see if I did anything wrong?

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I want to play on the go. I play the pc version with online at home. Edit: what did you do to get it to work just to see if I did anything wrong?
you need to get decrypted vita game assets prolly and then copy translation files over original ones, since repatch plugin is meant for real hardware. Prolly.

Danknight207

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
you need to get decrypted vita game assets prolly and then copy translation files over original ones, since repatch plugin is meant for real hardware. Prolly.
The emu decrypts them i think. I went to the folder they said and replaced what they told me to replace, and it has worked on other games like sky 3rd so I'm confused as to why it didint work like with other games.

Danknight207

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
The emu decrypts them i think. I went to the folder they said and replaced what they told me to replace, and it has worked on other games like sky 3rd so I'm confused as to why it didint work like with other games.
So I finally got the game to work, but it doesn't have the dlc's and I can't find the dlc download anywhere. Anyone know where to download the dlc?

So I finally got the game to work, but it doesn't have the dlc's and I can't find the dlc download anywhere. Anyone know where to download the dlc?

After much toil and pain I got it to work on vita3k 11 android. It crashes every now and again and there are some audio issues, but it's mostly a great experience. Here are the steps to install it.
1. Install the game and 1.04 update. This will create a PCSG00758 folder in the ux0 apps section.
2. Create a rePatch folder in ux0 and paste the translation.
3. Uninstall the game from vita 3k and the PCSG00758 folder in the ux0 apps section.
4. Reinstall the game. I think this step tricks vita3k into reading the repatch folder and making the patch work.
5. If you want to get the dlc's, there is a reddit post on the vita piracy page 8 years ago with a dlc fix. Follow their instructions and it should work.

Last edited by Danknight207,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto