Gaming Could the Wii U be the first Nintendo console to not have a Zelda exclusive?

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 6,855
  • Replies 59
  • Likes 3

Are you happy that Wii U might be the 1st Nintendo console to not have a Zelda exclusive game?

• Definitely! It's for the best that this Zelda title isn't exclusive to the Wii U.

Votes: 25 26.0%
  • Possibly

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 49 51.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 4.2%

• Total voters
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
First i don't understand your you're welcome thing.

Secondly, yes Twilight Princess was supposed to be designed for GameCube but, with the Wii console incomming, Nintendo decided to redesign the gameplay for the Wii. According to information i once read, Nintendo wasn't at this part of the gameplay developpement, so they first made the game engine with Wii command and then ported it to the gamecube. But it was only announced to be released for gamecube but in reality, it was a port.

TPWii was a revised yet mirrored version of the game and delayed upon the GameCube release to make it cross-platform.

Btw, it's "you're welcome" your welcome is broken English.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now with Twilight Princess HD, Twilight Princess will have had an official (re)release (native, not VC) on 3 generations of Nintendo consoles in a row. This is a first for any Nintendo franchise game. It does seem as through the HD remakes tried to fill in a gap while Zelda U is being made.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Skyward Sword HD confirmed

I'd so love an HD remaster of Skyward Sword with traditional controls. I do own the Wii version but haven't gotten around to playing it due to.. the motion controls. :-/ Not a big fan of it. I'm so glad Nintendo released TP on Wii U with the original unmirrored version because now everyone can own it as well as that the price of TP on NGC has decreased too.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, Twilight Princess was first designed for Wii, it was ported for Gamecube few month later and was the very last game to be released on Gamecube
lol no, that game was designed for the gamecube but it was release so far into the console life that they decided to make a mirroed version for the new console.
it not like it was hard for them to do that because the architecture of both consoles are very much alike

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its sad, that Wii U doesn't even get a Zelda exclusive. Nintendo is getting really desperate when they have to use their Wii U Zelda game to help promote their so called Next Gen Console.
Really desperate.

For a system that only has Nintendo games, you'd think they should at least deliver those Nintendo games.

Use to be you buy a Nintendo Console to play Mario, Zelda, now it's just Mario. Soon Nintendo console will exist as decoration pieces for your house. LOL Sad

Last edited by KSP,
Reactions: hobbledehoy899
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Its sad, that Wii U doesn't even get a Zelda exclusive. Nintendo is getting really desperate when they have to use their Wii U Zelda game to help promote their so called Next Gen Console.
Really desperate.

For a system that only has Nintendo games, you'd think they should at least deliver those Nintendo games.

Use to be you buy a Nintendo Console to play Mario, Zelda, now it's just Mario. Soon Nintendo console will exist as decoration pieces for your house. LOL Sad
Even Nintendo gave up on the Wii U and not to lose more sales they logically decided to make the game a cross-platform. Just like Ubisoft did with Rayman Legends (intended to be a Wii U exclusive but after terrible sales they changed their minds).

Reactions: hobbledehoy899
D

Deleted User

OP
Well from a business point of view the game will sell better if it's given a dual release. From my point of view on one hand I don't plan on buying an NX in 2017 and won't buy an inferior WiiU version so personally its a bit annoying that I won't be playing this game for another few years. On the other hand the NX version will be on superior hardware and this will make Zelda U a better game.

Ahh well, I still need to play Wind Waker HD and TP HD so there's no rush.

Last edited by ,

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Well from a business point of view the game will sell better if it's given a dual release. From my point of view on one hand I don't plan on buying an NX in 2017 and won't buy an inferior WiiU version so personally its a bit annoying that I won't be playing this game for another few years. On the other hand the NX version will be on superior hardware and this will make Zelda U a better game.

You don't know that the NX version will be the better version... It could be a terrible straight up port from the Wii U version.

Skickat från min E6653 via Tapatalk

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
You don't know that the NX version will be the better version... It could be a terrible straight up port from the Wii U version.

Skickat från min E6653 via Tapatalk
The NX version could be a slightly improved, mirrored or gimmicked version for all we know. As long as I can play with a traditional controller that's what matters to me as a customer.

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The NX version could be a slightly improved, mirrored or gimmicked version for all we know. As long as I can play with a traditional controller that's what matters to me as a customer.
The NX version will require you to be 100% Naked to play. That's what the NX stands for "Naked Experience".
The NX has an 360 sensor that detects clothing, if you are wearing clothing the system will not turn at all but will give you an error "Naked Experience Not Engaged".
Once player is fully unclothed, the NX will power on and you can then enjoy your game in full 720P glory.

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many times must Nintendo explicitly say that Zelda U won't be ported to NX?

The only things that adds credence to the theory is that one other Zelda game was a cross-platform release once.

There's no concrete evidence that the NX is even launching this year, and as tradition would indicate (as Nintendo systems never launch in the same year they're revealed and no Nintendo console has had less than five years as the primary Nintendo console) the NX is still quite a ways off. Zelda has been reassured for 2016. It doesn't matter how many clickbait articles some third-rate website puts out, until Nintendo actually says it's happening, it's not happening.

Lmao.

I'm planning on pirating the Wii U version and buying NX. Works out overall.

Last edited by Nevermore,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol