Gaming Could the Wii U be the first Nintendo console to not have a Zelda exclusive?

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 6,888
  • Replies 59
  • Likes 3

Are you happy that Wii U might be the 1st Nintendo console to not have a Zelda exclusive game?

• Definitely! It's for the best that this Zelda title isn't exclusive to the Wii U.

Votes: 25 26.0%
  • Possibly

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 49 51.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 4.2%

• Total voters

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doesn't really matter if Zelda NX comes out on both the WiiU and NX or just the WiiU. Wind Walker got ported to the WiiU doesn't that mean the GC doesn't have a Zelda exclusive:ninja:
what's that? a new dance move?

Reactions: Thomas83Lin
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Doesn't really matter if Zelda NX comes out on both the WiiU and NX or just the WiiU. Wind Waker got ported to the WiiU doesn't that mean the GC doesn't have a Zelda exclusive:ninja:

edit: Was Four Swords Adventures exclusive to the GC?
You're right. GameCube has no exclusive Zelda games either now. :P

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They could connect so it was like part a and part b.
Actually, according to the official timeline, Four Sword (GBA) occures after minish cap while Four Sword Adventure (GC) occures after Twilight Princess.
You welcome :)

avinashlego

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol it honestly doesnt matter as long as wii u till gets the game.wii u already has a bunch of amazing high quality remakes. lol watch them make hd skyward sword next. its totally unnecessary cuz that game was already optimized AF, but seeing grooses face in hd will be worth it:D

joeh1974

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is smart holding off on the new Zelda game in order to drive NX sales. Look how much of a boost the original Wii received with Twilight Princess.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo is smart holding off on the new Zelda game in order to drive NX sales. Look how much of a boost the original Wii received with Twilight Princess.
Actually, Twilight Princess was first designed for Wii, it was ported for Gamecube few month later and was the very last game to be released on Gamecube

joeh1974

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, Twilight Princess was first designed for Wii, it was ported for Gamecube few month later and was the very last game to be released on Gamecube

Hrm...my memory is a bit off on that then. I could have sworn I remember them being released at the same time.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hrm...my memory is a bit off on that then. I could have sworn I remember them being released at the same time.
in japan they were releqased the same day,
In europe/australia, first the wii version was releaased, then about one week later, it was released on gamecube
In america, it was released on 19th november 2006 on wii, then on gamecube on 11th december 2006

Reactions: joeh1974
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Actually, according to the official timeline, Four Sword (GBA) occures after minish cap while Four Sword Adventure (GC) occures after Twilight Princess.
You welcome :)

The official timeline is out but with more Zelda games coming it'll just make more confusion so it can be before or after, it's dependable by the fan/gamer. Also, it's "you're welcome" not "your welcome" if you plan on correcting someone then make sure you do it right.

Really?

I read the game was originally going to be released on the GameCube in 2005 but delayed so that it'd be ported to the Wii (2006), plus, the Wii version is mirrored unlike the original GameCube. And you know, if the Wii version was really the original then that'd make Link to be right-handed and he's not, he's left-handed.

P.S. Hate that the Hero Mode uses the Wii mirrored version so the way to access it is by purchasing the amiibo (Ganondorf or something) which supposedly unlocks it. Dammit. :(

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The official timeline is out but with more Zelda games coming it'll just make more confusion so it can be before or after, it's dependable by the fan/gamer. Also, it's "you're welcome" not "your welcome" if you plan on correcting someone then make sure you do it right.

Really?

I read the game was originally going to be released on the GameCube in 2005 but delayed so that it'd be ported to the Wii (2006), plus, the Wii version is mirrored unlike the original GameCube. And you know, if the Wii version was really the original then that'd make Link to be right-handed and he's not, he's left-handed.

P.S. Hate that the Hero Mode uses the Wii mirrored version so the way to access it is by purchasing the amiibo (Ganondorf or something) which supposedly unlocks it. Dammit. :(

First i don't understand your you're welcome thing.

Secondly, yes Twilight Princess was supposed to be designed for GameCube but, with the Wii console incomming, Nintendo decided to redesign the gameplay for the Wii. According to information i once read, Nintendo wasn't at this part of the gameplay developpement, so they first made the game engine with Wii command and then ported it to the gamecube. But it was only announced to be released for gamecube but in reality, it was a port.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)