Gaming Could the Wii U be the first Nintendo console to not have a Zelda exclusive?

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 6,849
  • Replies 59
  • Likes 3

Are you happy that Wii U might be the 1st Nintendo console to not have a Zelda exclusive game?

• Definitely! It's for the best that this Zelda title isn't exclusive to the Wii U.

Votes: 25 26.0%
  • Possibly

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 49 51.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 4.2%

• Total voters
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
utEjLNN.png

He aims, he shoots, he divides it into a cross-platform release! Goaaal!

As rumours are going around Zelda 2016 will potentially be a cross-platform release on Wii U and NX so this means that Wii U doesn't have a single Zelda exclusive game. No, not even Hyrule Warriors as it'll also be available on 3DS (better to play it on a New 3DS or else the framerate's terrible, i.e, drops to 15fps). To be honest, I've been thinking and I'm fine with this decision as it just means more people will be able to play the game than to have it as an exclusive to a console that not a whole lot really own and Nintendo would be doing a disservice to themselves too (losing out on gaining more customers).

The Wii U was (already using it in the past-tense) a very niche console with also a low quantity of games although said small library of games was also very good so not all's lost. I'd say I'm kind of a Wii U supporter as I pre-order games and buy any used games of my interest but if anyone criticises the darn thing they're probably right. It was dead on arrival but yet I had hopes Wii U would rise from the ashes like the 3DS did.. It never did.

P.S. Sure hope this Zelda game on Wii U will be fully playable with a traditional controller because I'm just so tired of gimmicky controls and controllers (I personally don't fancy waiving my arms around with a controller).

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How many times must Nintendo explicitly say that Zelda U won't be ported to NX?

The only things that adds credence to the theory is that one other Zelda game was a cross-platform release once.

There's no concrete evidence that the NX is even launching this year, and as tradition would indicate (as Nintendo systems never launch in the same year they're revealed and no Nintendo console has had less than five years as the primary Nintendo console) the NX is still quite a ways off. Zelda has been reassured for 2016. It doesn't matter how many clickbait articles some third-rate website puts out, until Nintendo actually says it's happening, it's not happening.

Reactions: zezzo
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP

The only things that adds credence to the theory is that one other Zelda game was a cross-platform release once.

There's no concrete evidence that the NX is even launching this year, and as tradition would indicate (as Nintendo systems never launch in the same year they're revealed and no Nintendo console has had less than five years as the primary Nintendo console) the NX is still quite a ways off. Zelda has been reassured for 2016. It doesn't matter how many clickbait articles some third-rate website puts out, until Nintendo actually says it's happening, it's not happening.
The difference is that the Wii U has done really badly with consumers so it's likely that it won't even reach the traditional 6-7 years until the next one comes out.

Reactions: endoverend

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
As rumours are going around Zelda 2016 will potentially be a cross-platform release on Wii U and NX so this means that Wii U doesn't have a single Zelda exclusive game.
Nice deduction skills there, mate. You go from two hypothetical cues (a RUMOR that it will POTENTIALLY be crossplatform) directly to a certainty. What's next? "A random guy might go out to buy a lottery ticket that may turn out to be a winning ticket, so this means he will be a millionaire"? :P

As for your poll: I'm missing a "I couldn't care less". Console exclusivity is something only whiners care for*, and if I had a button that would wipe all rumors off the internet, I would press it all day of the week and twice on sunday.

*here's a clue for those guys: you're not your consoles and your precious franchise isn't your girlfriend. Try reading a newspaper if this sort of first world problems affects your mood.

Reactions: pwsincd

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone hopes that NX is a success? I really like nintendo and dont want to see them hit hard... -sigh- I have a bad feeling or the NX though.. no physical buttons on the controller? Really? I dont like mobile gaming for that same reason..

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Nice deduction skills there, mate. You go from two hypothetical cues (a RUMOR that it will POTENTIALLY be crossplatform) directly to a certainty. What's next? "A random guy might go out to buy a lottery ticket that may turn out to be a winning ticket, so this means he will be a millionaire"? :P

It's very likely to be TP all over again, so yes. Possible.

As for your poll: I'm missing a "I couldn't care less".
That's what "No" is for.

*here's a clue for those guys: you're not your consoles and your precious franchise isn't your girlfriend.
So? It's gaming, it's a passion in its own right.

Try reading a newspaper if this sort of first world problems affects your mood.
Nope. Not a problem, just wondering what's other people's thoughts on this. And also, "try reading a newspaper" is that a joke? I'm going to take that as a yes.

Anyone hopes that NX is a success? I really like nintendo and dont want to see them hit hard... -sigh- I have a bad feeling or the NX though.. no physical buttons on the controller? Really? I dont like mobile gaming for that same reason..
I hope so since the Wii U failed so hard they'll learn from it and not make the same mistakes again.

EDIT:

And how does this contradict my post?

NGC had a Zelda exclusive. Wii U probably won't.

Last edited by ,

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if its the first to not have an exclusive Zelda it will still have 3 console Zelda games released for it which I believe is the most ever released on a home console.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No quite frankly it pisses me off. Ive been a nintendo fan for almost 20 years. I think it's disrespectful to the consumer that nintendo constantly short changes us.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Even if its the first to not have an exclusive Zelda it will still have 3 console Zelda games released for it which I believe is the most ever released on a home console.
3DS is probably a dream for people who haven't played a Zelda game.

Ocarina of Time 3D
Majora's Mask 3D
A Link Between World
Zelda TriForce Heroes

Then we go into the Eshop where you can get the Oracle series, Link's Awakening DX, NES Zelda 1 and 2 and finally, with the SNES VC, A Link to the Past (N3DS only though). I want to throw in Minish Cap but that's an Ambassador exclusive.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
3DS is probably a dream for people who haven't played a Zelda game.

Ocarina of Time 3D
Majora's Mask 3D
A Link Between World
Zelda TriForce Heroes

Then we go into the Eshop where you can get the Oracle series, Link's Awakening DX, NES Zelda 1 and 2 and finally, with the SNES VC, A Link to the Past (N3DS only though). I want to throw in Minish Cap but that's an Ambassador exclusive.
I had hopes Nintendo would make a New 3DS port of Twilight Princess but at this stage, not anymore. They did (or are going to) release a 3DS theme of Twilight Princess so that's really cool.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Hum... Nintendo never mentionned that Zelda U wouldn't be ported to NX. They however repeated over and over again that Zelda U wouldn't be released on NX instead than on Wii U. Theres a Big difference here...

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Frankly, I'm not sure why it matters. A game is a game, regardless of how many platforms it gets released on...
Well it affects the company itself. Especially for games released on Wii U. Wii U hasn't been sold much, around 20M i think. If the NX reach 100M sale early, and Zelda U get released on both console, the sale of the would look pretty much like this :
Zelda U on Wii U only :
Production cost : 50M$
Game sales : 30M$
Profit : -20M$

Zelda U on Wii U and NX :
Production cost : 50M$
Porting cost : 5M$
Game sales U : 30M$
Game sales NX : 40M$
Profit : 15M$

Those stats were grossly wrote but it shows you how porting a game can be à great investissement for the company.

avinashlego

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NX should be a PC/console hybrid. That oughta win over all the fools who stand on the fence between Nintendo and Sony. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Jak, Sly, Ratchet, Infamous, and Uncharted, but Nintendo seriously deserves more respect from third-party developers. Rather than take the risk to see if third-party is attracted to the NX, Nintendo should just add PC support so that more buyers choose Nintendo.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In fact, third-developper are less likely to get their games on nintendo console due to console's specs.
Wii U's power is about the equivalent of XBox 360 and Ps3. So, when they create a game, they can't just port it from PS4/XBox One to Wii U, they need to make more modification to make it require less power.
But it's going to be solved with the NX, apparently, because nintendo said the NX will be a bit more powerful than Ps4.
Just have to hope it can rivalise with XBox Two and PS5, because if it doesn't, then the same problem will come back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu