COD: Ghosts -- new info on multiplayer setup.

ComeTurismO

CTO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hope i'm not ninja'd again

Yeah, you heard it.
It's true.
Gamers can play as female soldiers in Call of Duty: Ghosts and maps will have dynamic events that will change how they play on the fly. In addition, the game will support new player movements like knee slides, mantling, and contextual leaning.
Additionally; Call of Duty: Ghosts features over 30 new weapons, including a new Marksman Rifle weapon class; over 20 new killstreaks; 14 maps out of the box; seven new multiplayer modes, and a new Squads mode that supports up to six players on a team.
:arrow: Source
I find it good to see new changes in CoD Devs.

Reactions: WeedZ

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
A franchise evolves and almost all the comments are negative? Especially for a pretty stable franchise as CoD? Oh Internet, you're so funny! :yay:

While not really a massive change as of yet, it is interesting nevertheless.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A franchise evolves and almost all the comments are negative? Especially for a pretty stable franchise as CoD? Oh Internet, you're so funny! :yay:

While not really a massive change as of yet, it is interesting nevertheless.

If adding the other half of the gender spectrum is evolving, you have about as low standards as the CoD devs do.
Its evolved into...nothing. Its still the same thing with shinier graphics and reshuffled guns that all basically do the same thing.

Lestworth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Gamers can play as female soldiers in Call of Duty: Ghosts
A) All this does is open the flood gates for people to pick on those who choose the female class, either on purpose, or because they are actually a female. Its cool they are attempting this, but really it just opens up another way to bully.

2) maps will have dynamic events that will change how they play on the fly.
A) Kinda like Battlefield? Id have to see more on this, but it sounds like the mechanic Battlefield has.

3) In addition, the game will support new player movements like knee slides, mantling, and contextual leaning.
A) So Battlefield movements.

4) Call of Duty: Ghosts features over 30 new weapons, including a new Marksman Rifle weapon class
A) Sounds good, i wonder if they consider "new" as something that wasn't in the last game, but in previous games.

5) over 20 new killstreaks
A) Yawn

6) 14 maps out of the box
A) As it should be (4-5 will probably be considered the best, and another 4-5 will be considered garbage)

7) seven new multiplayer modes
A) Seven seems like a large number to say they are all new, What else can they do...

8) and a new Squads mode that supports up to six players on a team.
A) So ... Battlefield.

I take from this that CoD is taking lessons from its direct competitor, and trying to incorporate it into its next gen title. Like it should tbh. Its good for them to evolve, but i question its wording, and choices. I'm not a CoD fan, it feels arcadey, but thats what people love, they enjoy sitting down, and spending 3hr sessions over 50+ games. CoD is a franchise that is stable because of the casual fans, and its hardcore fans since #4 (and swear when nothing is close to CoD4)

Reactions: chartube12

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A) All this does is open the flood gates for people to pick on those who choose the female class, either on purpose, or because they are actually a female. Its cool they are attempting this, but really it just opens up another way to bully.

So excluding female player models is bad, but including them is just as bad. Ah, it seems that we are confronted with the classic Shitlord's Paradox.

Seriously, tons of multiplayer games let players choose female characters and I can't say I've ever heard of it being a particular issue. Sure, there's online bullying and whatnot, but that's inherent in any online interaction. If someone wants to call you a "faggot" online, they're going to do it no matter what your character looks like.

Reactions: Hikaru

Lestworth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So excluding female player models is bad, but including them is just as bad. Ah, it seems that we are confronted with the classic Shitlord's Paradox.

Seriously, tons of multiplayer games let players choose female characters and I can't say I've ever heard of it being a particular issue. Sure, there's online bullying and whatnot, but that's inherent in any online interaction. If someone wants to call you a "faggot" online, they're going to do it no matter what your character looks like.

This is true, but we are talking about the CoD players here. A much more diverse specie.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

*Cough cough*... Oh, someone say Borderlands 2? *cough*

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

2) maps will have dynamic events that will change how they play on the fly.
A) Kinda like Battlefield? Id have to see more on this, but it sounds like the mechanic Battlefield has.

3) In addition, the game will support new player movements like knee slides, mantling, and contextual leaning.
A) So Battlefield movements.

4) Call of Duty: Ghosts features over 30 new weapons, including a new Marksman Rifle weapon class
A) Sounds good, i wonder if they consider "new" as something that wasn't in the last game, but in previous games.

5) over 20 new killstreaks
A) Yawn

6) 14 maps out of the box
A) As it should be (4-5 will probably be considered the best, and another 4-5 will be considered garbage)

7) seven new multiplayer modes
A) Seven seems like a large number to say they are all new, What else can they do...

8) and a new Squads mode that supports up to six players on a team.
A) So ... Battlefield.

I take from this that CoD is taking lessons from its direct competitor, and trying to incorporate it into its next gen title. Like it should tbh. Its good for them to evolve, but i question its wording, and choices. I'm not a CoD fan, it feels arcadey, but thats what people love, they enjoy sitting down, and spending 3hr sessions over 50+ games. CoD is a franchise that is stable because of the casual fans, and its hardcore fans since #4 (and swear when nothing is close to CoD4)

Counter Strike has 10's of thousands of maps out of the box and more game modes than CoD + Battlefield combined.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: either that or someone forgot their schizophrenia meds