Capcom's Disney Afternoon Collection Launches April 18th On PS4/XboxOne/PC

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by chavosaur, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Nice.

Anyway to answer your question more seriously, they know what they are doing, avoiding filing for bankruptcy by trying to salvage hardcore capcom fans. PRO TIP: It not working well :ninja:

Capcom doesn't seem to be trying to listen to people out side the fighting game community circle, since the only game they have so far was Resident evil series, Monster hunter series and a possible failing Ace Attorney series, which at the time are the other big selling games since Devil may cry, Marvel vs capcom, and potentially anything else we USED to get. (I may have my stats wrong) :unsure:

Being a bit honest SF5 seem like borderline fan service that DOA is doing except they can't match DOA status since is not rated mature, had it been rated mature like Dead or alive, then those "CENSORSHIPS" wouldn't exist and it could potentially get a bit further out of control. I'm not okay with mindlessly buying Season passes of DLC for costume setts of over 60 pieces of clothing for one female character that can total over $!000. which is probably more than they are worth. :nayps3:

cvskid likes this.

2. SonicfanCEMUTesting

SonicfanCEMUTesting The guy who likes/loves the Sonic series.

Mar 29, 2016
    Poland
    Somewhere on the internet
    But at least they bring back Resident Evil back to it's roots with RE7 being first-person and that when i first saw the videos on the new Resident Evil game, i feel that this is the first game since 2005 to be actually good.

3. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    i mean, just imagine a new game combining all those characters? modern graphics and gameplay, but generally still similar to the originals. you can do so much with darkwing duck alone...

4. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    I think there is something that is flying over everyone's head here, chip n dale rescue rangers 2, ducktales 2, and darkwing duck, are actually affordable again thanks to this collection as the original nes copies of those games are crazy expensive.

Also as much as id want these games redone like ducktales remastered, this is capcom we are talking about here so i doubt they would put a lot of effort into rereleased games like this. Hopefully there is online co-op and a physical disc release for this.

Last edited by cvskid, Mar 15, 2017
  5. Ericzander

Ericzander I used hax to get yellow name

pip Reporter
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    Grand Line
    When they release a Monster Hunter on a current gen console that's not the 3DS, I'll accept that they know what they're doing.

Capcom has been banking on remasters for quite a while now. They should have at least actually remastered them like what's being done with Crash. But meh, they'll get some fast cash.

s157 likes this.
  6. SonicfanCEMUTesting

SonicfanCEMUTesting The guy who likes/loves the Sonic series.

Mar 29, 2016
    Poland
    Somewhere on the internet
    And now they only care about cash. They even don't want to remastered the games that there are gonna be in this collection because they probably don't want to ruin the nostalgia but only to revived it yet again.

7. DaFixer

DaFixer Dare to be stupid

Aug 29, 2010
    Netherlands
    In my mencave ;)
    Funny I can play those games allready on my RetroPie setup.

8. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    I'm just going to emulate these..

9. Ericzander

pip Reporter
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    Grand Line
    I think these are going to be marketed to the nostalgic crowd, many of who don't want to steal them. However, aside from the fact that this collection comes with trophies/achievements I don't think it'll be much play much differently than if they were emulated. The real question is, do you really care enough about the titles to emulate them?

Bringing it back to Crash, at least that collection will provide things that you can't get by emulating the originals. In my opinion, Capcom would have been better off at least innovating a little bit here.

10. s157

s157 Grinder Extraordinaire

Sep 23, 2016
    United States
    Might pick this up for nostalgia but would have liked a new game altogether in it, like sonic mania

11. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    "where you get to change the direction of your plane at any time."
    I have seen some phoning it in descriptions before but damn...

That said many a shmup fan makes a big deal about cameras (heh shooter fans have been considering cameras above many other things for decades it seems) with the whole horizontal vs vertical thing, and scrolling.

Anyway I like all of those, though I am not sure if I ever played Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 (or if I played that then I did not play the first), talespin especially ( http://gbatemp.net/threads/gbatemp-game-of-the-week-74.336294/ ).

Anyway relevant as it covers what I am guessing is a lot of background in all this, or at least I hope capcom did not reinvent the wheel again for this.
    http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1023470/-It-s-Just-Emulation

VinLark likes this.
  12. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    It doesn't have Castle of Illusion

Fucking
    Dropped.

You had one job. I know it didn't have a show but COME ON THAT WAS A GOOD GAME

hobbledehoy899, Zense and DarthDub like this.
  13. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Let's hope Capcom doesn't screw up the ports like they did for Mega Man collection on PC, as I recall, it had some serious framerate issues XD

14. hobbledehoy899

hobbledehoy899 Conniption Master

Nov 13, 2015
    United States
    Kernel Version: Linux 4.13.3-1-zen
    I'd reckon that they just downloaded these from a certain paradise...

15. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Expensive, i mean i could just emulate them no probs and for free? Its not like its hard or anything. If it was like 10 bucks then it would be fine but 20 nah.

16. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    Kinda impossible as that was actually developed by Sega and not Capcom. Even had a remake a few years ago.

VinLark likes this.
  17. VinLark

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    WHAT SINCE WHEN

18. Imparasite

Imparasite GBAtemp Regular

Oct 6, 2008
    Norway
    Norway
    meh so sad i want a remastered or remake game not upscale game :( because you can play the game in full screen in emulator. capcom milking game again lol

19. Ericzander

pip Reporter
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    Grand Line
    ;)

But yeah, it was remastered in 2013 for PS3, 360, PC, iOS, and Android.

VinLark likes this.
  20. VinLark

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    I can't even find it for Xbox, Playstation OR PC. What happened?