Gaming Definitive Wii/Wii U Virtual Console Games w/ rerelease Issues

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I disagree with most of the ones that say they are hard to emulate or recreate, those things are all much easier than emulating the console itself so it's the least of Nintendo's worries.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Wonder if we gonna have Megaman 11 on the Wii U or Megaman x9 looking in 3d.
I forget, did we ever get Mega Man 9 and 10 on the Wii?

Personally, I would love to see those games (as well as a potential "Mega Man 11") available on the 3DS eShop, as well. To me, games like that are much more suitable for on-the-go play than for sitting down in front of a console for a length of time.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wonder if we gonna have Megaman 11 on the Wii U or Megaman x9 looking in 3d.
I forget, did we ever get Mega Man 9 and 10 on the Wii?

Personally, I would love to see those games (as well as a potential "Mega Man 11") available on the 3DS eShop, as well. To me, games like that are much more suitable for on-the-go play than for sitting down in front of a console for a length of time.

we did, I "think" it actually sold the most on the Wii too

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
There's a reason behind the ridiculous low amount of N64 games on the Virtual Console.
Sooooooooo why not emulate them at their original resolution?
LLE in general is much more difficult to do, and far more resource intensive. It's possible that the Wii just wasn't good enough

Also they would have looked pretty bad, running sub-480 resolutions.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
LLE in general is much more difficult to do, and far more resource intensive. It's possible that the Wii just wasn't good enough

Last I checked, Majora's Mask is one of the most resource-intensive games on the N64 (requiring the expansion pack, and still causing the N64 to hiccup, slow down, and drop frame rate while playing), and yet the Wii version runs even smoother than the N64 version, and in a higher resolution (albeit some minor graphical differences, from what I see).

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My god the N64 section of that list was pretty eye opening to me about just how important rare was on the N64, I mean I knew they made a lot of the more famous games on the thing but I never visualized quite how many.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

Last I checked, Majora's Mask is one of the most resource-intensive games on the N64 (requiring the expansion pack, and still causing the N64 to hiccup, slow down, and drop frame rate while playing), and yet the Wii version runs even smoother than the N64 version, and in a higher resolution (albeit some minor graphical differences, from what I see).
Were you even reading the post you initially responded to

Nintendo used their standard libraries in the development of Majora's Mask, allowing them to use HLE on the virtual console version.
If we are to believe soulx's quote, then it's nothing to do with how much the original game pushed the N64's limits. It's about how standard the code they used was.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

Nintendo used their standard libraries in the development of Majora's Mask, allowing them to use HLE on the virtual console version.
If we are to believe soulx's quote, then it's nothing to do with how much the original game pushed the N64's limits. It's about how standard the code they used was.
Yes I did. Perhaps you can enlighten me, if I'm missing something.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

Yes I did. Perhaps you can enlighten me, if I'm missing something.
I just... did.

TeeR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Will i ever get to play DKC without owning a 64 or emulating it? :(
Maybe you'll get to play DK64 if Nintendo improves their Virtual Console practices.
I just wonder if they'd bother with rereleasing the Arcade version of Donkey Kong. Instead of reworking the inferior (good, but inferior) NES port into a new exclusive version (which is STILL inferior), wouldn't it be easier to just release the Arcade version? Is there any specific reason? If they could do it in DK64...

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will i ever get to play DKC without owning a 64 or emulating it? :(
Maybe you'll get to play DK64 if Nintendo improves their Virtual Console practices.
I just wonder if they'd bother with rereleasing the Arcade version of Donkey Kong. Instead of reworking the inferior (good, but inferior) NES port into a new exclusive version (which is STILL inferior), wouldn't it be easier to just release the Arcade version? Is there any specific reason? If they could do it in DK64...
Oh yeah good catch, thats what i meant.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1