GBA Cheat (.CHT) Files with Full Names

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by dohclude, Oct 31, 2008.

Oct 31, 2008

dohclude New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Well, I've had this set of GBA cheats for awhile now, the same ones that have been floating around the net and also come with the G6/M3 Lite. They were all named by release number only which can be a bit tricky especially if you are running an M3 Real and you don't patch the cheat to the rom. What I have done is rename each individual file to include not only the release number, but the name and location as well. Now you can find your cheats with ease.

If you have a flash cart that is incompatible with the .CHT format or if you are using an emulator, <a href="http://crackerscrap.com/" target="_blank">Cracker</a> has added the ability to load .CHT files into his <a href="http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=99334" target="_blank">GBAATM</a> tool which will allow you to convert the cheats into a trainer and patch them to the ROM before playing.

The archives marked "<b>Nonames</b>" have had the cheat files renamed using only the release number. These are for use with the G6 Lite and CycloDS. To use them simply paste them into the cheats folder installed by the G6 or CycloDS patcher software overwriting the current files. This way they can be patched to the ROM for the respective flashcarts.

The archives marked with "<b>Chinese</b>" contain the original cheat files that are untranslated and in the Chinese language. These are for use by Chinese speaking users and those who would like to help us translate the collection to English.

If you'd like to try and translate some of these feel free to send me some translations and I will add them in.

I've added a page to my own site for you to visit for updates. You can find it here: <a href="http://cheats.MODaWii.com" target="_blank">http://cheats.MODaWii.com</a>

I've also created my own forums where I will be doing most of my updates on this project from now on, you can find it here: <a href="http://www.modawii.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5" target="_blank">http://www.modawii.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5</a>

Narin has also allowed me to add a GBA Cheats page to his page on cheats.gbatemp.net, check it out here: <a href="http://cheats.gbatemp.net/GBA" target="_blank">http://cheats.gbatemp.net/GBA</a>

Also, if anybody has any cards they could donate or just let me borrow it would help me out a lot. I've only got a M3 Real and a G6 Lite so I haven't been able to test these and come up with instructions or special releases for anything other than what I have. Just send me a PM. Thanks!

<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->*UPDATE* 4-27-09<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

A few new Translations, thank you everyone on the <a href="http://www.modawii.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11" target="_blank">MODaWii Translation Team</a>!

<b><u>GBA-Cheats</u></b>
    Download ----> <a href="http://cheats.gbatemp.net:8080/GBA/latest/GBA-CHEATS.zip" target="_blank">GBA-CHEATS.zip</a>

<b><u>GBA-Cheats-Nonames</u></b>
    Download ----> <a href="http://cheats.gbatemp.net:8080/GBA/latest/GBA-CHEATS-Nonames.zip" target="_blank">GBA-Cheats-Nonames.zip</a>

<b><u>GBA-Cheats(Chinese)</u></b>
    Download ----> <a href="http://cheats.gbatemp.net:8080/GBA/latest/GBA-CHEATS(Chinese).zip" target="_blank">GBA-Cheats(Chinese).zip</a>

<b><u>GBA-Cheats-Nonames(Chinese)</u></b>
    Download ----> <a href="http://cheats.gbatemp.net:8080/GBA/latest/GBA-CHEATS-Nonames(Chinese).zip" target="_blank">GBA-Cheats-Nonames(Chinese).zip</a>

<b>CHANGELOG:</b>
    WARNING! Spoilers inside!
    macmanhigh and teksopporkeda like this.

santorix10 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Maybe we can get a super GBATemp GBA CHT database akin to the DS one. [IMG]

dohclude New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    That's exactly what I am shooting for. Alot of these cheats are kind of screwy because they still contain cheat descriptions in Chinese/Japanese, etc. It's a slow slow sloooow process going through and correcting all of them because there are so many and it's almost impossible to figure out what some of the cheats actually do. Some of them also had incorrect names corresponding to the release number so I've fixed most if not all of those in this release. Also, these only go up to 2301, after that there are no cheats at all so if a good way to create .CHT files correctly ever surfaces I'll be able to begin adding the missing cheats. If you find anything that needs correcting let me know and I will sort it out.

dohclude New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Updated the release today with some fixes/corrections.

Fun_Zephyr New Member

Message Count:
    Australia
    Does anyone have cheats past 2301? I read somewhere that there is one somewhere. I have tried google and seraching the forums but do not seem to be able to locate a single downloadable zip / rar file with all the cheats in it past 2301.

Any help would be appreciated [IMG]

dohclude New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Nope, they don't exist. I am currently making some and adding them to this compilation though. They have to be converted from AR codes, which is tricky and time consuming, plus not all codes can be converted to this format. I've already successfully created cheats for 2334 - Naruto - Ninja Council (US)
    I'll be attempting to create some more soon and I will put them in the next update for everyone. I will probably only be able to do codes for US games and possibly some EUR games, but I'll probably be skipping over JAP releases as I don't speak Japanese, nor do I know where to even find any AR codes for JAP games.

Intimidator88 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Thanks man i tired the mass cheat thing but it kept freezing wheb i picked the folder so im going to try yours and just put the cheats of the games i want onto the microsd and see if it works that way.
    • Global Moderator

Densetsu GBAtemp Ninja

Message Count:
    United States
    If you can pull this off I will be forever indebted to you. You have my full support!

Maybe you can post a link to this topic on Narin's cheat thread and if it generates enough interest, you can probably get more help with this massive undertaking.

elixirdream New Member

Message Count:
    Malaysia
    hmmm... first of all.. i will lend you a hand on translating chinese and japanese~!
    but i am asking one favour in return~! i would only translate it if you post the chinese/japanese here in this thread [IMG]
    and please correct my translation to the game context

another thing i would help is gather codes from 2301 - 2808(what is the total release?) , but i will only do it when i am free [IMG] and no guarantee it is in .cht format ~! i will just gather it and you try to convert it k (if different format)? no guarantee all games will have code [IMG]

i will try my best to maintain at least one update a week as long i can gather codes (no guarantee on how many games per update).
    just list codes that you already have for 2301 and above [IMG]

last favour, you don't need to give me any sort of credit [IMG]

dohclude New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Last release was 2809. Whatever format codes you can find such as Action Replay, Codebreaker, etc will be fine, I can try to convert them. I will post one of the current cheat files here and you can try to translate it for me. Here is the first one that needs translation, it's still got some Japanese in it:

0028 - Iridion 3D (U)
    Code:
    [Unlimited Energy]
    ON=40103,C

[The strongest firepower]
    ON=40120,80

[Bullet type]
    ????=40121,1C
    ????40121,1D
    ????=40121,1E
    ???40121,1F
    ????=40121,20
    ???=40121,21

[Select barrier]
    .NONE.=0000,0
    ??????=40107,10
    ??????=40107,20
    ??????=40107,30
    ??????=40107,40
    ?????=40107,50
    ?????=40107,60
    ??????=40107,70

[GameInfo]
    Name=0028 - Iridion 3D (U)?????????????E??STG 32
    System=GBA
    Text=????? ?????
    -------------------------------------------------
    [Unlimited life]
    ON=40102,4

[Unlimited blood]
    ON=40103,C

[Highest score]
    ON=40114,7F,96,98

[Dartle]
    ON=40120,0

[GameInfo]
    Name=0028 - Iridion 3D (U)?????????????E??STG 32
    System=GBA
    Text=169

jalaneme Female Gamer

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    don't bother trying to convert ar and cb codes to cht files as i tried ages ago and it didn't work, the rom just froze.

dohclude New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Well, that's funny. I just converted some AR codes over to CHT format for 2334 - Naruto - Ninja Council and they worked fine. I think with some games the cheats don't convert perfectly, as I did have some problems with Tales of Phantasia. I will do what works though, and hold off on releasing anything that causes freezing until a better way to convert comes along (if it ever does.)
    • Newcomer

joelxxl New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    Ok thx but where on my SDcard do I need to put the GBA cheats?
    I have an M3 DS Real [IMG]

dohclude New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    You can put them anywhere you want, when you select the rom it will present you with the option menu for the game. You just browse to the cheat file for your game and select it.
    • Newcomer

joelxxl New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    Ok but how do I browse to it when I already selected the game? :S

dohclude New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    • Newcomer

joelxxl New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    I used it but I couldnt find anything about GBA cheats [IMG]

dohclude New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    are you using Sakura, or the standard M3 Real firmware?

elixirdream New Member

Message Count:
    Malaysia
    the codes are in chinese ... don't seem to be in japanese to me~! what program are you using ?

[Type of Bullet]
    Yellow=40121,1C
    Pink=40121,1D
    Green=40121,1E
    Glow=40121,1F
    Pink ?=40121,20
    Red=40121,21

[Stage]
    .NONE.=0000,0
    1st=40107,10
    2nd=40107,20
    3rd=40107,30
    4th=40107,40
    5th=40107,50
    6th=40107,60
    7th=40107,70

dohclude New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I've been opening these in Word 2007. It's the only way I know of to see the actual foreign characters instead of a bunch of garbage. It automatically picks the encoding of the text so that's why I thought it was Japanese, again I can't read Chinese or Japanese/Kanji at all practically. I am trying to learn anyways, lol. Thanks for the translation though, I will try to find the next one and post it for you to take a look at when you get the chance. Thanks again!

SPONSORED LINKS