Hacking ANNOUNCING: GATEWAY 2.1 "OMEGA" PUBLIC RELEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright well I switched cards between my phone and Gateway... and wow it makes a huge difference! Didn't realize it would be that much of improvement lol. Went from about a 30 second save time to a 5 second save time on AC:NL. The one I switched to was a class-10 Transcend btw.

zb123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright well I switched cards between my phone and Gateway... and wow it makes a huge difference! Didn't realize it would be that much of improvement lol. Went from about a 30 second save time to a 5 second save time on AC:NL. The one I switched to was a class-10 Transcend btw.

That's my card as well, it definitely makes a huge difference!

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't own a gateway but out of curiosity have they removed the bricking code from b2?
If you are referring to 2.1 Omega, then nothing has been mentioned about if it contains the code or not.
If you are referring to 2.0beta2, then the brick code is still there as it always was.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no. it seems to have been improved though, so it shouldn't mistakenly trigger anymore.

Reactions: cearp

zb123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah sorry i ment have they removed the brick code in 2.1

bond697 is speculating and his information is not objective, as he did in a previous thread. There is no proof that the brick code exists in 2.1, and there's no proof that it doesn't. All we know is there have been no legitimate reports of bricks thus far.

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bond697 is speculating and his information is not objective, as he did in a previous thread. There is no proof that the brick code exists in 2.1, and there's no proof that it doesn't. All we know is there have been no legitimate reports of bricks thus far.

Just because nobody has bricked doesn't mean that there's no brick code at all. Ad ignorantiam logical fallacy...

He's not 'speculating'; you can still brick but it's essentially impossible for legit gateway carts to hit. No current bricks with the GW firmware, maybe the clones will somehow cause it to trigger.

Considering Bond697 has 'cloned' the GWΩ 2.1 launcher (and is currently making edits to allow RAM Dumping), it's safe to say that he know the ins and outs of Ω. Feel free to prove him wrong!

Slashmolder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The brick code does exist in 2.1. I have no idea why you're doubting it.
It's in the Launcher.dat at offset 0x25160 size 0xB20. AES key 0x514E7232 0xDD58D52F 0xB1D257D2 0xB65E1CD4.

Here's a quick picture of the code from that region.
f4R9VRc.png

Reactions: tjexp and Queno138
D

Deleted User

It could be a red herring, like dead code placed in the launcher that can never be triggered.

Maybe to scare cloners away?

Slashmolder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's reachable but it shouldn't be reachable for any legitimate user. Before if the CRC32 of a memory region was wrong it'd trigger the brick. If you just normally used their GW menu, especially for the diagnostic test, it changes values in that memory region to what they shouldn't be. Instead now a lot more checks have to fail before it modifies the DS profile to tell the ROP to trigger the brick.

zb123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's reachable but it shouldn't be reachable for any legitimate user. Before if the CRC32 of a memory region was wrong it'd trigger the brick. If you just normally used their GW menu, especially for the diagnostic test, it changes values in that memory region to what they shouldn't be. Instead now a lot more checks have to fail before it modifies the DS profile to tell the ROP to trigger the brick.

Why hurt the end user's 3ds though. Would it not be just as effective to brick the clone flashcart?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Why hurt the end user's 3ds though. Would it not be just as effective to brick the clone flashcart?
because they can't brick the clone cards, same thing that makes the clones non up-datable makes them unbrickable,

that's probably why the clones left the jtag pins disconnected in the first place.

Reactions: tyons

jackddd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't something like wiping all save files be debilitating (ala Earthbound, assuming they didn't recently back them up) without ruining? Can't exactly convince someone to switch to gateway after breaking their 3DS.

Reactions: zb123 and Nightwish

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the Conception_II_Children_of_the_Seven_Stars_3DS-VENOM work?
It isn't a 3DS shop game, so I don't see why it wouldn't. I can't tell you though, since a quick google of it results in only one page, and that page is one of those "for information purposes only" sites. Wait for 12-24 hours and you can find out yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!