Moved from Gateway to Luma. Where are my backups of Tomodachi life and Animal Crossing ?

multor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
I recently moved my old 3DS from Gateway to Luma 3DS.
Everything went fine.
I didn't think too much about my games saves as some .sav files was on my SD card.
Unfortunately, the saves of my daughter's favorite games (Tomodachi Life and Animal Crossing) are not in those .sav
Question is where are stored the .sav of those games knowing games were played without cartridge with the Gateway ?
Is there a way to backup them ? I tried before the move to Luma with Gateway backup options but it wans't working.
Thank you in advance for your help
Have a nice WE

multor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you have to decrypt them with Gateway, to move them to luma. there's a tutorial by @MattKimura for moving Gateway saves using jksm.
I think I have seen this tutorial
Point is that I didn't follow the emunand part of the tuto to move from gateway to Luma.
Are the saves inside the emunand for those games ?
what should I do first to see the content of my old Gateway Emunand ?
Thx

multor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you have to decrypt them with Gateway, to move them to luma. there's a tutorial by @MattKimura for moving Gateway saves using jksm.
Point is that previously I was playing thos games with the red gateway card and an Emunand.
Now I moved to Luma (and I didn't do anything about my previous EmuNand. So I can't see but I think it is still there.
Those special games saves are on the previous gateway Emunand ?
How can I access them ?

I mean I didn't follow this section when I moved from gateway to Luma
move-emunand section

I think key step is this one, right ?

Section IV - Copy EmuNAND to SysNAND​

1. Launch GodMode9 by holding (Start) during boot
  2. Navigate to [E:] EMUNAND VIRTUAL
  3. Press (A) on nand.bin to select it, then select “NAND image options…”, then select “Restore SysNAND (safe)”
  4. Press (A) to unlock SysNAND overwriting, then input the key combo given
    • This will not overwrite your boot9strap installation
  5. Input the key combo given to unlock SysNAND (lvl1) writing
    • This process will take some time
  6. Once it is completed, press (A) to continue
  7. Press (B) to decline relocking write permissions if prompted
  8. Press (B) to return to the main menu

Can I still do this step now (knowing that Luma is now fully installed) or is it too late ? Is there a chance to get back my saves ?

multor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I have another old 3DS console with a Gateway 3DS installed.
Is there a way to install FBI application to be able ton install cia app to make backup of saves (for Tomogochi Life and Animal Crossing games) ?
Thx

multor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
not exactly the same post ;) in fact I have 2 old 3DS previously sharing the same Gateway cartridge.
One is now updated to luma, the other one is still on gateway. As I'm planning to update the second one also to Luma, I would like on this one first to to do a back of the saves. that's why I would like to be able to install FBI to install .cia backups tools.

multor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
are the saves of tomodachi life game are stored on micro SD card of Gateway red card or are they stored in Gateway emunand ? How can I do a backup of the save without FBI on Gateway ?

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
EDIT: Threads are merged
not exactly the same post ;)
I dont understand why some new people think they are smarter as the one who give support on this platform. In this case not staying with the questioning in your one thread as its related to the same subject and making it difficult to support.

https://gbatemp.net/help/terms/
  • Before you start a topic, perform a search to see if the question or topic you wish to create has been made before. If it has, post in the topic that already exists. Duplicate topics will be closed.
  • When posting please refrain from double/triple/etc posting and from creating multiple topics about the same subject.

Last edited by Sypherone,

multor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I dont understand why some new people think they are smarter as the one who give support on this platform
This is not the case, sorry if I gave this feeling. I'm requesting help because I don't have the knowledge.

Just to clarify I have 2 old 3ds. I already updated one to Luma and I can't find the saves of Tomodachi and Animal Crossing requested by my daughters. I have another console still on Gateway and my daughter can see her backup so I'm trying to find out how to transfer it to the console already on Luma.

For me the first post is relative on how to find a backup of a Gateway card on a console on Luma
and the second one is relative on a console still on Gateway and is it possible to install FBI and cia tools on it.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
On 3DS some game cartriges save to cartrige and 3DS SDCard. Installed games will only save to 3DS SDCard. This saves can be backuped by Checkpoint or JKSM.

The Gateway Card has a own gateway menu which offers different options. After using the gateway savegame backup option, the saves of the Gateway red Card are saved to the 3DS SDCard with the ID of the game, not on the Gateway microSD.

And it seems that this Gateway Card also has a support to install cia files for use in gateway mode. Best Check the attached Gateway 3DS manual.

Another way to enter the gateway menu seems to be: Switch on the 3DS, enter the Settings menu, then the Other Settings menu, the Profile Menu and finally hold the L button while pressing Nintendo DS Profile button. The Gateway logo then the Gateway menu should appear if not, power off the 3DS and try again.

Alternativ 1 - tools in 3ds format:
And as this Card requires to have the games in .3ds format on root of the gateway microSD. Theoretically you can use every tool in 3ds format like fbi. Or convert the desired tool to 3ds format by godemode9 and use it also with gateway.

Alternativ 2 - convert to luma emunand:
As there is no save file on the SDCard, you can try to use the gateway emunand as luma emunand. Tutorial gateway emu to luma emu. Theoreticaly you should be able then to install every desired tool to it with godemode9 in cia format. Or extract the save by godemode9 save extract.

Attachments

• Gateway 3DS manual.pdf
    704.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited by Sypherone,
Reactions: multor

multor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
THANK YOU Sypherone !!!

With your lights (alternativ 1), I succeed to restore my backups (card2 games).
FYI I already tried previsouly to backup the saves with gateway without success (It always ended with Errors)

I'm writing what I have done if it can help:

1) My initial config is a 3DS console with GATEWAY and CARD2 games played on it (games on gateway)

2) I have installed BigBlueBox - Nintendo 3DS Dev Menu / CIA Installer

How to install:

Using the BigBlueMenu you can install many games, eShop games, DLCs, themes, etc. This is the most up to date version of the BigBlue and it’s pretty easy to install. Just remember to have your Gateway updated to the 2.6 version or Higher.

Extract the .3ds File and copy it to your Gateway’s MicroSD like a normal ROM. Copy .cia File to the root of your 3DS’ SD card.

Boot the emuNAND like always and load the BigBlueMenu (Title Manager) from the ROM list. Choose the second tab and select the BigBlueMenu.cia file and press A to install.

After installed, you can delete the .3ds and the .cia files, because the BigBlueMenu (Title Manager) will be always on your HOME screen. When you want to install something, place the .cia file on the root of your SD and install it using the BBlueMenu.

3) then with this new tool able to install .cia, I have been able to install JKSM (JK Save Manager)

4) Now this is easy, you can select your gateway game with Gateway menu to have it launched but not started, you can launch JKSM and save your game.
then I just had to copy the JKSM folder of the MicroSd cart to my other console (under Luma) and reimport the save.

The smile of my daughter is priceless ;)

Reactions: Sypherone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and yes ik im stupid for using it