Hacking ANNOUNCING: GATEWAY 2.1 "OMEGA" PUBLIC RELEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ennea

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Fragmentation itself is NOT the problem. I had files with 5 fragments which loaded just fine.

That probably depends what the fragments consist of. If you put untrimmed ROMs on your microSD, and some blocks of ROM fill data (0xFF) ends up somewhere else, it won't matter; that's my guess, at least.

_Tim_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That probably depends what the fragments consist of. If you put untrimmed ROMs on your microSD, and some blocks of ROM fill data (0xFF) ends up somewhere else, it won't matter; that's my guess, at least.
GW3DS can handle fragmented files just fine. There might be a limit on number of fragments though. The "Fragmentation Error" message is displayed due to a bug in the GW3DS code. I already wrote something to detect it, now I am writing something to prevent it.

UPDATE: I finished writing the program to prevent GW3DS fragmentation errors. The program can be requested via PM. It changes two bits on the microSD card.

Plasmastar510

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the fragmentation error. I used Defraggler to check for fragments. Behold, as it did indeed report the problem rom as having a fragment. What I did to remedy it is remove the rom and put it back on the card. No fragment, no problem.

D

Deleted User

GW3DS can handle fragmented files just fine. There might be a limit on number of fragments though. The "Fragmentation Error" message is displayed due to a bug in the GW3DS code. I already wrote something to detect it, now I am writing something to prevent it.

UPDATE: I finished writing the program to prevent GW3DS fragmentation errors. The program can be requested via PM. It changes two bits on the microSD card.

What are the two bits you change on microSD?

_Tim_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I got the fragmentation error. I used Defraggler to check for fragments. Behold, as it did indeed report the problem rom as having a fragment. What I did to remedy it is remove the rom and put it back on the card. No fragment, no problem.
Removing the file and putting it back will only work in some cases and does not prevent the fragmentation error from reappearing when adding new files to the microSD card.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So is it incorrectly marking the data clusters as free or occupied in the Bitmap allocation table?

_Tim_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Example output from my program:

Read allocation bitmap
Cluster 973678 is free
Mark cluster 973678 as occupied
Cluster 973679 is free
Mark cluster 973679 as occupied
Lock volume
Write allocation bitmap
Unlock volume

Ennea

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Example output from my program:

Read allocation bitmap
Cluster 973678 is free
Mark cluster 973678 as occupied
Cluster 973679 is free
Mark cluster 973679 as occupied
Lock volume
Write allocation bitmap
Unlock volume

Hm, seems logical. Sorry for doubting you.

TheUser00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
He MIGHT be waiting for a very long time. How can you know, it might be today :3

It was in part my fault,I only bought the 3DS in Germany because when I saw this ''Gateway'' I was thinking that was already the Flashcard for playing in the 3DS....and yes I'm waiting for too long since I think in buying the 3DS (Last year in december)......And I really do not know how what to do...Or I wait or trying to sell e do not more buy a 3DS.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Just thought I would say, did you know your not supposed to defrag Micro-SD cards it causes further issues for it, maybe not at that precise moment but it will eventually and become useless!

Reactions: Nightwish

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Does Devil Survivor Overclocked (EUR) loads up fine for any of you?
Every time I try to load it my 3DS freeze and sound is still playing. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head