• Likes 43

itai1996

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi,
I have a version 9 N3DS with rxtools and emunand installed.
I have read the Luma3ds is the newest CFW for the N3DS which I would like to install.
Do I need to start everything from scratch or can I do something to quickly upgrade my CFW?

xclydex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
So i can normaly go to eshop an buy something? What abaut playing original or pirated game online?

I just updated a pirated game straight from the Nintendo eshop. So buying shouldn't be an issue either.

Then I played said pirated game online and it worked just fine. So yes to both!

itai1996

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I just updated a pirated game straight from the Nintendo eshop. So buying shouldn't be an issue either.

Then I played said pirated game online and it worked just fine. So yes to both!
Playing a pirated game online? What CFW do you use if I may ask?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi,
I have a version 9 N3DS with rxtools and emunand installed.
I have read the Luma3ds is the newest CFW for the N3DS which I would like to install.
Do I need to start everything from scratch or can I do something to quickly upgrade my CFW?
Depending how you load rxTools you can use that to get onto SafeB9SInstaller. Except if you use menuhax, then you need to uninstall it before beginning (it will make you get a black screen on launch during the process). To uninstall menuhax, boot into sysNAND and change the home menu theme.
Follow https://3ds.guide from the beginning. When you get to an optional part about moving emuNAND, make sure to do that.

KyoIsHacking

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
hello everyone

So I had some games i downloaded from the freeshop before update 11.8 was released, and when i updated my 3ds some of the games such as Tomodachi Life (US) (although the european version that is installed on my 3ds works), Super Mario Maker (european version) and Rythm Megamix (european) straight up crash my 3ds whenever i try to launch them.
I tried uninstalling tomodachi life with FBI, and re-downloading the CIA on internet then re-installing it, it simply won't work.
I hope you guys can help me figure this out, thanks!

Try Luma locale emulation. My EUR 3ds crashed too when I was trying to run Tomodachi life USA without it.

Mezzura22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a R4i Gold 3ds plus, quick question. I know that I have to download the latest wood kernel from r4ids. cn and place it on the root of my SD card. While on the downloads page, I noticed there is a "Patch Upgrade" titled "3ds V6.2.0-12 Patch for R4i Gold 3ds". I wasn't sure if this is an update I also need to run for my R4i Gold 3ds plus? (Since it doesn't identify it's for the "plus" model).

EDIT: Also out of curiosity, regarding GBA injections -- Can I put the CIA files on the SD card that is inside the R4i and it will work fine? Or does it need to be on a separate SD card in the 3ds itself?

Thanks for the help

Last edited by Mezzura22,

taygomi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
i crashed my n3ds after the flash went wrong and then updating. now it just shows a black screen.
is there a chance to install a cfw with a flashcard? if so, what card would be suitable? - thanks

bensons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there helpful people! Believe it or not, (I don't!) my pc died in the middle of hacking my OLD 3DS XL about a month ago. Luckily I wasn't in the middle of writing any data or anything like that, but I don't remember exactly where I was in following the guide- https://3ds.hacks.guide/ <---that guide.

I know I've got LUMA installed, because if I power on the system while holding "SELECT" - I get to THIS menu ---> https://imgur.com/a/GKEiOmN

That's as far as I got, I think. My question is- What do I do next!? I really am a complete noob, and was simply following the guide line by line.

Thanks in advance for any help!

https://imgur.com/a/GKEiOmN

>>>>>>>---------------------------------------------------- ***-EDIT-*** --------------------------------------------------<<<<<<<
Here are the contents of my 3DS SD card- https://imgur.com/a/JcXWLFy

I'm guessing that I just got to the stage of having installed LUMA3DS, but nothing after that. (does that seem right??) What should my next step be? (please)

Again- Thanks in advance, and sorry for being an idiot noob!

Peace.

https://imgur.com/a/JcXWLFy

Last edited by bensons,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi there helpful people! Believe it or not, (I don't!) my pc died in the middle of hacking my OLD 3DS XL about a month ago. Luckily I wasn't in the middle of writing any data or anything like that, but I don't remember exactly where I was in following the guide- https://3ds.hacks.guide/ <---that guide.

I know I've got LUMIA installed, because if I power on the system while holding "SELECT" - I get to THIS menu ---> https://imgur.com/a/GKEiOmN

That's as far as I got, I think. My question is- What do I do next!? I really am a complete noob, and was simply following the guide line by line.

Thanks in advance for any help!

https://imgur.com/a/GKEiOmN
If you don’t know where you stopped (or were forced to stop by your dying computer), how could anybody else?

But (assuming the 3DS is working fine) it’s not a big deal. Since Luma 9.1 (and therefore B9S) is installed and you have downloaded the software for the last steps, continue by following the guide on the page: finalizing setup. You'll have to begin with putting your downloads in the correct locations because "## 3DS (TO DO!!!) DOWNLOADS" and "godmode shit" are nowhere in the guide.

Do not skip any backup steps.

Reactions: bensons

EmBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just bought a R4i Gold 3ds plus, quick question. I know that I have to download the latest wood kernel from r4ids. cn and place it on the root of my SD card. While on the downloads page, I noticed there is a "Patch Upgrade" titled "3ds V6.2.0-12 Patch for R4i Gold 3ds". I wasn't sure if this is an update I also need to run for my R4i Gold 3ds plus? (Since it doesn't identify it's for the "plus" model).

EDIT: Also out of curiosity, regarding GBA injections -- Can I put the CIA files on the SD card that is inside the R4i and it will work fine? Or does it need to be on a separate SD card in the 3ds itself?

Thanks for the help
It was released before the latest wood kernel. So I just skipped it myself.

I believe GBA injections are actually stored in the 3DS internal memory, not any SD card.

SpotterX4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished installing cfw on my 3ds. I just noticed when I put my SD Card back into my computer, I can't delete any files on it. I tried setting write permissions in GodMode9, but that didn't work. I think I might try formatting my SD card and copying the data back onto it. Does anyone think this will work?

bensons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you don’t know where you stopped (or were forced to stop by your dying computer), how could anybody else?

But (assuming the 3DS is working fine) it’s not a big deal. Since Luma 9.1 (and therefore B9S) is installed and you have downloaded the software for the last steps, continue by following the guide on the page: finalizing setup. You'll have to begin with putting your downloads in the correct locations because "## 3DS (TO DO!!!) DOWNLOADS" and "godmode shit" are nowhere in the guide.

Do not skip any backup steps.

@KleinesSinchen - First of all, thank you very much for your reply!

Yeah, I was 95% sure that I needed to do exactly what you suggested, I think that more than anything, what I needed was a word of encouragement from someone out there who knows what they're talking about! Also- I thought that those pictures I posted might just contain something that would catch the eye of someone in the know, who could tell me- 'everything seems ok...' or- 'STOP! DON'T MOVE! DON'T EVEN BREATHE!.. YOU FOOL!'
Or something like that. :)

Thanks again to you KleinesSinchen.

Peace.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

ISO-Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zelda 2DS Edition 11.5 and I bought my R4 from GBATemp sponsored site. I believe it is the version that works with all firmware and no timebomb. R4 Gold (plus sign) 3ds/ds (www.r4ids.cn). Absolute noob here since my last one was long time ago on old Mario 3ds. I read the guide, but not sure exactly what flash cart or what to do with the flash cart. Can anyone kick my arse in the right direction? TIA!

ThreeDarkKnight

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi,

I have been off the 3DS scene for about 4yrs, with a dormant console & Gateway cart ever since. Reason being the console was updated to ver 11.3.0_36E without my consent, rendering the cart useless. Seems the "never will be hacked" commentary has proven false in the time since.

My really n00b initial question is, where do I start?
Do I update version to latest 11.8? Then what? Or do I install whatever is needed on 11.3 first and start working my way through updates?

Believe it or not, I was all over the site once upon a time and thought I knew everything. lol Seems my old username died in my absence due to perhaps invalid characters or something?

Anyhow, a brief bulletpoint of what I should do in order would be greatly appreciated

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Hi,

I have been off the 3DS scene for about 4yrs, with a dormant console & Gateway cart ever since. Reason being the console was updated to ver 11.3.0_36E without my consent, rendering the cart useless. Seems the "never will be hacked" commentary has proven false in the time since.

My really n00b initial question is, where do I start?
Do I update version to latest 11.8? Then what? Or do I install whatever is needed on 11.3 first and start working my way through updates?

Believe it or not, I was all over the site once upon a time and thought I knew everything. lol Seems my old username died in my absence due to perhaps invalid characters or something?

Anyhow, a brief bulletpoint of what I should do in order would be greatly appreciated
Stay on 11.3, go to The Guide and use Soundhax. That's the easiest way. After this you'll end up in 11.8.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!