Hacking 3DS flashcart came out and video inside

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Looks pretty legit.

I`m really happy, that this works, since the only thing that still keeps me from buying a 3DS is that I would have to keep my DS, since I cannot do without a DS.

Now that there is the chance of the 3DS being able to play DS-flashcards I still see two problems: will Nintendo block this for the European launch and will the SupercardDS2 or Cyclo DS (the only Flashcards I own) be able to do this (but I guess that is not a very big problem, since the R4 is not very pricey
wink.gif
)?

So I`m still not sure...

kyomagi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my questions are, is this a simple firmware update?

The sellers they list on their website, which is the safest to buy from? One site show the card at 18 and one at 10.

too confused T_T

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Really didn't see that coming...

I actually kind of hope 3DS mode doesn't get hacked. This will definitely be blocked in the first update.

I really feel bad for Nintendo. I really thought they learned from their mistakes, and made the 3DS more secure, but I guess it really isn't.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

sixteenbuttons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i admit i was wrong about the health warning screen...which i think is strange since nintendo has admitted the 3ds may cause nausea, dizziness, and even vision problems in younger children...

i personally still wont believe it until i at least see another that video confirms it or they release a firmware update for r4 that offers NDS mode 3ds support. When one of those things happen i will believe it. I personally dont care about what "those important to the scene" have to say right now...they are all speculating on the same video...

BTW anyone know why haven't they released the firmware update for the cart? No new cart required right? if it works just like the goold ol r4, why hold off on releasing the update to the scene? Are they waiting for NA and UK region releases of the system first?

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Costello said:
the Acekard Team has replied to my email saying that they have managed to run the Acekard 2i on the 3DS.
They said they need more testing before they can release anything though.
k1paid.gif

If Yu-Gi-Oh 2011 hadn't come out, I'd trade in my DSi right this second. But now I guess I'll trade in my DSi the day after US launch for some extra money for games.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
sixteenbuttons said:
BTW anyone know why haven't they released the firmware update for the cart? No new cart required right? if it works just like the goold ol r4, why hold off on releasing the update to the scene? Are they waiting for NA and UK region releases of the system first?
because it needs to be bundled into a userfriendly flashable format. same goes for other carts.
updates like this will be appearing over the next few weeks for pretty much any dsi compatible flashkit that supports reflashing the header.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Great! Now we just need to wait for ROMS to be dumped so I can put them on and play them on my acecard!!111!

This is certainly good news, people can sell their DS's and buy 3DS's quicker knowing they can still play DS games, but saying it's a new record of hacking isn't really true since we've always been able to play DS games. I give it 5 months before ROMs start being dumped, and another 3 months before we can play them.... and possibly another year before we can play them online without nintendo's updated firmware messing us up. Then again, the wii is capable of firmware updates like the 3DS, and they've never once stopped my wiikey. All they could do was delete my homebrew channel. Maybe because it's hardmodded and they couldn't come up with anything?

xakota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FUCK. YEAH. This means the AK2i will have to be able to do it with an update. I now feel much better about selling my DSiXL

D

Deleted_171835

MADKATZ99 said:
Great! Now we just need to wait for ROMS to be dumped so I can put them on and play them on my acecard!!111!
No. The Acekard 2i can only access DS-Mode. 3DS-Mode hasn't been hacked, yet.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:
Really didn't see that coming...

I actually kind of hope 3DS mode doesn't get hacked. This will definitely be blocked in the first update.

I really feel bad for Nintendo. I really thought they learned from their mistakes, and made the 3DS more secure, but I guess it really isn't.

How does not really a change in ds security = 3DS mode not well secure?

For all you know 3DS mode could be much harder than any other portable security.

Stevetry said:
QUOTE(xakota @ Feb 27 2011, 12:42 AM) FUCK. YEAH. This means the AK2i will have to be able to do it with an update. I now feel much better about selling my DSiXL

you do know Nintendo can block it easily right ?
You do know we do not have to update?

tbh I do not think there is going to be force updates.

And the fact reflashable carts can update as well.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is such a severe case of over-reaction it's amusing. Chances are, it'll probably be blocked before it hits stateside.
dry.gif

xakota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stevetry said:
xakota said:
FUCK. YEAH. This means the AK2i will have to be able to do it with an update. I now feel much better about selling my DSiXL

I do know that. That's why I preordered it so i can have it before the update and not have to update. Nintendo said that IF there is an auto-update feature it won't come until the first update. Which I won't be getting.

personperson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not surprised that they got a flashcart to work on it, it was inevitable really. It is a little surprising that it is an R4 clone, but still its not like it was never going to happen.

People keep saying that Nintendo will just update and block this, and while that is probably true, I very much doubt this is a serious concern for Nintendo. People keep saying "3DS hacked in 12 hours" but that isn't really true is it, the 3DS which is completely backwards compatible runs a DS flashcart, thats how I see it. I'm not going to consider the 3DS as truly hacked until 3DS games themselves work and honestly I don't see that happening anytime soon. Look at the DSi, DSi mode itself was just recently hacked and it's still not complete. I'm sure we will see a hack in the future, again, it is inevitable that piracy comes about, but right now Nintendo really hasn't been dealt a major blow.

On another thought, with the size of 3DS games and all, I don't even really want to see a flashcart. I'd rather they hack the system akin to the Wii and allow us to have full access to run backups off the SD card.

Although, after saying all that I am glad that I can run a flashcart to play my old DS games... now I'll have something to play at launch until 3DS games I'm actually interested in are released.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stevetry said:
xakota said:

Because you know, firmware updates have worked so well at blocking DSi and Wii flashcarts/mods...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa the airtags are bigger than the airpods, they won't fit