Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
awssk8er said:
Really didn't see that coming...

I actually kind of hope 3DS mode doesn't get hacked. This will definitely be blocked in the first update.

I really feel bad for Nintendo. I really thought they learned from their mistakes, and made the 3DS more secure, but I guess it really isn't.

How does not really a change in ds security = 3DS mode not well secure?

For all you know 3DS mode could be much harder than any other portable security.

Stevetry said:
QUOTE(xakota @ Feb 27 2011, 12:42 AM) FUCK. YEAH. This means the AK2i will have to be able to do it with an update. I now feel much better about selling my DSiXL

you do know Nintendo can block it easily right ?
You do know we do not have to update?

tbh I do not think there is going to be force updates.

And the fact reflashable carts can update as well.

dude i hope so

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS has a wireless switch, so if you want to be a pirate, you can just switch it off.

I wonder if 3DS updates will come with 3DS carts though; That would be pretty smart.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Slyakin said:
The 3DS has a wireless switch, so if you want to be a pirate, you can just switch it off.

I wonder if 3DS updates will come with 3DS carts though; That would be pretty smart.

Not really. If you have a flashcart you don't need to buy games anymore.

D

Deleted_171835

Ramonra said:
Slyakin said:

The flashcarts can only play DS games. Not 3DS games.
People would still have to purchase 3DS games.

xakota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once again, WE DON'T KNOW IF THERE'S GOING TO BE AUTO UPDATES. And if there is, Nintendo said that the feature wouldn't be implemented until the first update. If you get the 3DS before the first update, you're set.

Also there's no way Nintendo can block this before it hits the states. They're already shipping out the units. THey'd have to call everyone they've already sent it to, and tell them to open every box and update every unit, then put it back in the box. Not happening.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stanleyopar2000 said:
Holy Shit!!!
wtf.gif

Nintendo got PWNED.
This isn't really hack and if you are trying to refer to something then this all I have to say...

"Next GEOHOT Project"

QUOTE(Slyakin @ Feb 26 2011, 07:13 PM) The 3DS has a wireless switch, so if you want to be a pirate, you can just switch it off.

So you can cut it off in the middle of a unknown update and possibility brick it?

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
I've a question.

Now that DS mode is unlocked, does this mean that if I wish to I can use my Acekard 2i in a 3DS and play (for example):

New Super Mario Bros. via DS Download Play with friends who have a DS(i)?

I find this to be important to myself, even though it's probably crap to everyone else.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
stanleyopar2000 said:
Holy Shit!!!
wtf.gif

Nintendo got PWNED.
This isn't really hack and if you are trying to refer to something then this all I have to say...

"Next GEOHOT Project"

QUOTE(Slyakin @ Feb 26 2011, 07:13 PM) The 3DS has a wireless switch, so if you want to be a pirate, you can just switch it off.

So you can cut it off in the middle of a unknown update and possibility brick it?

That's why Nintendo'd be stupid to have auto-updates. This would be happening like crazy

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Wait a minute... R4i works on a device that includes 3DS-Mode, DSi-Mode and DS-Mode by a simple firmware update and normal DS flashcarts like the CycloDS (without "i") cannot even work on a DSi, that includes DSi-Mode and DS-Mode?

Are you kidding me? Could this possibly be mean that DSi carts would not have been neccessary at all to work on a DSi and that the flashcart manufacturers could actually make DS carts work on a DSi with a simple firmware update?

I smell money.

Godson777

yo waddup
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
asiekierka said:
SUDDENLY

SuperCard DSTHREE

- 3DS support!*
- Intel Atom CPU builtin!

* - no 3DS or DSi roms, we've been too lazy, sorry!Thats similar to what I said!

QUOTE(Godson777 @ Feb 26 2011, 04:37 AM) Once everyone hacks 3DSmode, we'll be seeing SuperCard DS3. lol.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
Wait a minute... R4i works on a device that includes 3DS-Mode, DSi-Mode and DS-Mode by a simple firmware update and normal DS flashcarts like the CycloDS (without "i") cannot even work on a DSi, that includes DSi-Mode and DS-Mode?

Are you kidding me? Could this possibly be mean that DSi carts would not have been neccessary at all to work on a DSi and that the flashcart manufacturers could actually make DS carts work on a DSi with a simple firmware update?

I smell money.
Reread what you post and you understand that doesn't make sense.

Dsi reflashable (acekard2i,dstwo,r4icarts) all work on the dsi and ds.
And all (possible/in theory) will work on 3DS because it basely the same security in ds mode.

While ds carts still can not work.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Godson777 said:
asiekierka said:
SUDDENLY

SuperCard DSTHREE

- 3DS support!*
- Intel Atom CPU builtin!

* - no 3DS or DSi roms, we've been too lazy, sorry!Thats similar to what I said!

QUOTE(Godson777 @ Feb 26 2011, 04:37 AM) Once everyone hacks 3DSmode, we'll be seeing SuperCard DS3. lol.

What? I missed that posting from asiekierka. That made my day.
blush.gif

Posting of the month, seriously.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay guys, if we do not take any further with the roms and leave the 3ds ones alone, Nintendo
wink.gif
may just leave the flash cards alone. I played the little firmware war with the psp. If there was a new game for it that came i would have to either find a higher CFW or go OFW till i beat the game. This was a pain! As it is we have our home brew and we can buy the New 3ds games with worrying about loosing all of our emulators and home brew.

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ramonra said:
Slyakin said:

Yeah. What happens when OOT 3DS comes out and it comes with an update?
rolleyes.gif

Unless 3DS mode is hacked by then you're gonna have to update.

Godson777

yo waddup
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, I realised something, I remember a video of the cool features the 3DS will have.

One of them was if a 3DS came in contact with another 3DS, both 3DS' will share their info.

Another is like the one above, BUT!

If they both have the same game attached, something happends to BOTH of their games, like a battle with street fighter.

If someone has a 3DS flashcard (whenever there is), and the 3DS comes in contact with a 3DS who belongs to a non-hacker, it will share all information... right?

idk, it's just me thinking...

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Godson777 said:
Wait, I realised something, I remember a video of the cool features the 3DS will have.

One of them was if a 3DS came in contact with another 3DS, both 3DS' will share their info.

Another is like the one above, BUT!

If they both have the same game attached, something happends to BOTH of their games, like a battle with street fighter.

If someone has a 3DS flashcard (whenever there is), and the 3DS comes in contact with a 3DS who belongs to a non-hacker, it will share all information... right?

idk, it's just me thinking...
When/If a 3DS cart come out, it would only share info dealing with games not personal or other info.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
KingVamp said:
WiiBricker said:

I smell money.

And all (possible/in theory) will work on 3DS because it basely the same security in ds mode.

No, you simply dont understand how DSi carts work. DSi features a new "security" for booting in DS mode that was bypassed via new flash kits and stolen Nintendo code. Why cant be this stolen code be flashed via a simple firmware update on DS carts?

3DS featrues again a new "security" that prevented all flash kits from being booted. And all what did take to bypass that security is not a new cart, but a freakin firmware update. So tell me why that is not possible with DS only carts? I dare you.

xakota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
KingVamp said:
WiiBricker said:

I smell money.

No, you simply dont understand how DSi carts work. DSi features a new "security" for booting in DS mode that was bypassed via new flash kits and stolen Nintendo code. Why cant be this stolen code be flashed via a simple firmware update on DS carts?

3DS featrues again a new "security" that prevented all flash kits from being booted. And all what did take to bypass that security is not a new cart, but a freakin firmware update. So tell me why that is not possible with DS only carts? I dare you.

You're wrong, it's not a firmware update, it's a bootstrap update, an update to the card itself. DS only carts do not have updateable bootstraps. DSi carts do. Mystery solved.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Stepcroc, I'm stuck.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Those are monitor lizards you dunce.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm funny. lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs and roasted potatoes came out good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching the first omen and so far it's not the priest doing the scaring
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Shouldn't the kid be the scary one?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The second omen: the chior boy gets his revenge
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reverse exorcist: it's when you hire a demon to remove the priest out of a small child.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hire Kendrick Drake possessed a minor again
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, I'd run away from his singing too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Drakes still allowed to use his Instagram
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like everyone has some great imaginary friends
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Yeah, that was insane.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Don't know what Drake was even thinking.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What every rich scumbag thinks that they can put their dick on anything and get away with it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I better hide my silicone Tifa doll
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What did Drake do, exactly? I don't follow celeb gossip.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Supposed accusations that Drake groomed a minor.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Allegedly groomed a 17 year old Instagram model or something along those lines
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yep, something like that.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1MJtV0UPI8