Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xakota said:
WiiBricker said:
KingVamp said:
WiiBricker said:
Wait a minute... R4i works on a device that includes 3DS-Mode, DSi-Mode and DS-Mode by a simple firmware update and normal DS flashcarts like the CycloDS (without "i") cannot even work on a DSi, that includes DSi-Mode and DS-Mode?

Are you kidding me? Could this possibly be mean that DSi carts would not have been neccessary at all to work on a DSi and that the flashcart manufacturers could actually make DS carts work on a DSi with a simple firmware update?

I smell money.
Reread what you post and you understand that doesn't make sense.

Dsi reflashable (acekard2i,dstwo,r4icarts) all work on the dsi and ds.
And all (possible/in theory) will work on 3DS because it basely the same security in ds mode.

While ds carts still can not work.

No, you simply dont understand how DSi carts work. DSi features a new "security" for booting in DS mode that was bypassed via new flash kits and stolen Nintendo code. Why cant be this stolen code be flashed via a simple firmware update on DS carts?

3DS featrues again a new "security" that prevented all flash kits from being booted. And all what did take to bypass that security is not a new cart, but a freakin firmware update. So tell me why that is not possible with DS only carts? I dare you.

You're wrong, it's not a firmware update, it's a bootstrap update, an update to the card itself. DS only carts do not have updateable bootstraps. DSi carts do. Mystery solved.
Pretty much sum it up, thank you.
tongue.gif

and 3DS ds mode security is basely the same as the ds mode security as the DSi that why updating dsi carts works.

3DS mode is another, much bigger, ball game.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
KingVamp said:
WiiBricker said:
Wait a minute... R4i works on a device that includes 3DS-Mode, DSi-Mode and DS-Mode by a simple firmware update and normal DS flashcarts like the CycloDS (without "i") cannot even work on a DSi, that includes DSi-Mode and DS-Mode?

Are you kidding me? Could this possibly be mean that DSi carts would not have been neccessary at all to work on a DSi and that the flashcart manufacturers could actually make DS carts work on a DSi with a simple firmware update?

I smell money.
Reread what you post and you understand that doesn't make sense.

Dsi reflashable (acekard2i,dstwo,r4icarts) all work on the dsi and ds.
And all (possible/in theory) will work on 3DS because it basely the same security in ds mode.

While ds carts still can not work.

No, you simply dont understand how DSi carts work. DSi features a new "security" for booting in DS mode that was bypassed via new flash kits and stolen Nintendo code. Why cant be this stolen code be flashed via a simple firmware update on DS carts?

3DS featrues again a new "security" that prevented all flash kits from being booted. And all what did take to bypass that security is not a new cart, but a freakin firmware update. So tell me why that is not possible with DS only carts? I dare you.
You're rather misinformed on this whole subject.

DS/DSLite didn't have updatable firmware, so DS/DSLite cards had NO NEED for being updatable.
Because there was no need for DS/DSLite cards to be updatable IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO UPDATE THEM aside from opening the case, desoldering the chip, wiring it up to the proper writer and flashing new code onto it -- Not something the average user can do -- and even then, that's no guarantee that the card would work if Nintendo had some way to detect it.

DSi has updatable firmware that Nintendo could use to block certain carts, like flashcarts, so to combat this SOME carts had an updatable firmware while OTHER CARTS LIKE THE NUMEROUS R4 CLONES DO NOT. That is why R4i was replaced by the R4i 1.4 when the 1.4 update hit, that is why R4i 1.4 was replace by the R4i 1.4.1 when the 1.4.1 update hit.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:

I smell money.
NO.

Only specific flashcarts that have been updated for the 3DS.

Also, they can only play DS games. That's it. Not even DSi games.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
WiiBricker said:

I smell money.
NO.

Only specific flashcarts that have been updated for the 3DS.

Also, they can only play DS games. That's it. Not even DSi games.
He means that DS/DSLite cards not working on a DSi/3DS is about money, there's some big conspiracy to make people 'rebuy' cards for new updates -- for ALL cards.

Which isn't wrong for the cheap R4 clones, but is bullshit for cards like AceKard 2i and essentially anything else made by a real team.

DarkMario616

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone summarize the first 22 or so pages if they stuck with this topic lol? I'm curious if any theories have been created due to this video....real or not.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkMario616 said:
Can someone summarize the first 22 or so pages if they stuck with this topic lol? I'm curious if any theories have been created due to this video....real or not.
Hmmm...

"HOLY FUCK"

That about sums it up.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarkMario616 said:
Shown: Cards that work in DS Mode on DSi will work in DS Mode on 3DS so long as they are updatable due to backwards compatibility.
Theory: Cards that work in DSi mode (iEvolution) should work in DSi Mode on 3DS so long as they are updatable.

The other 320ish or so posts are "ZOMG"s, faps and "WAT? HAO 2 HAX 3DS?!"

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
DarkMario616 said:
Lol.

Where can you buy an R4i? I want to get my hands on one if this turns out to be true....or can you just use the original R4? I doubt it.

wtf.gif

You notice the big bubble above this posting ..? Shoptemp ..?

Anyway, other cards will rease their patches in the next days. Better cards...

DarkMario616

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious, you said cards that run in DS mode seem to work if they work on the DSi. So other flashcarts should work if updated? Acekard?

And thanks
biggrin.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarkMario616 said:
Lol.

Where can you buy an R4i? I want to get my hands on one if this turns out to be true....or can you just use the original R4? I doubt it.
Get a non-clone/R4 rip off card.
Don't support people who have to steal a name to make a buck.

QUOTE(DarkMario616 @ Feb 26 2011, 09:43 PM) I'm curious, you said cards that run in DS mode seem to work if they work on the DSi. So other flashcarts should work if updated? Acekard?
Correct. If the card will work on a DSi in DS mode and is updatable, it should be able to be updated to work on the 3DS.

DarkMario616

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what sucks? Giving away your original real R4 to your sister lol.

And I have no idea if Acekard still gets updates.

If anything, I'll buy a new R4i but I'm sure Nintendo will fix this before NA release.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
DarkMario616 said:
Hmmm...

"HOLY FUCK"

That about sums it up.
rofl.gif

Trust worthy r4i group hack the ds mode first with the same method as ds mode in dsi, as the ds modes are basely the same.

In theory all updatability dsi carts should work in the future.

Ds carts still doesn't work and dsi carts can only enter ds mode.

The rest (may not have be thought through) arguments, other (may not have be thought through) theories, over exaggeration and hating.
tongue.gif

edit: Ninja-ed
tongue.gif

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are gonna buy a flashcart for your 3DS, I suggest 2 things.

1) Get your 3DS, first.

2) Wait for a "quality" flashcart to come out, not this R4 bullshit.

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
DarkMario616 said:
Lol.

Get a non-clone/R4 rip off card.
Don't support people who have to steal a name to make a buck.

QUOTE(DarkMario616 @ Feb 26 2011, 09:43 PM) I'm curious, you said cards that run in DS mode seem to work if they work on the DSi. So other flashcarts should work if updated? Acekard?
Correct. If the card will work on a DSi in DS mode and is updatable, it should be able to be updated to work on the 3DS.

what name ? i just linking to were i buy the card

DarkMario616

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly, the 3DS is going to have a mandatory update I'm sure. Plus why get it for DS mode when I already got a DS with AK2i lol
biggrin.gif

I'm just surprised Nintendo got this screwed so early.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: bc fuck that