DSTwo "No Find SD Card"

ichig0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, I recently managed to snag a SuperCard DSTwo off eBay in what looks to be reasonable condition. Came in the box and everything, but when I try to load it up in either one of my DSi XL's or N3DS XL it shows a blue error screen says that there is no SD inserted.

I've tried 3 SD cards including the one it came with, they all give the same error. I formatted using that SD Formatter everyone on here recommends, still nothing. I've cleaned inside the SD slot with an air duster and also tried the paper trick, also nothing..

It seems like when people post about troubles with their DSTwo on here the threads are just abandoned before anyone can say if they got it working or not, hoping maybe this time I'll figure it out. So, what can I do in this situation?

EDIT: I'm trying to look inside of the SD card reader for broken pins, but they seem to look okay...

Reactions: SylverReZ

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try sticking a small folded piece of paper between the sd card and the slot. Might help with a bad connection if that's the issue.

ichig0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try sticking a small folded piece of paper between the sd card and the slot. Might help with a bad connection if that's the issue.
Tried this before and it didn't seem to do anything.. You slide the paper in with the SD card, like inside the metal shield or between the shield and the plastic? I only slid it into the shield.

Use a flashlight and direct it towards the microSD slot to check for any bent pins or dirt. If any issues persist, then definitely clean it with isopropyl alcohol.
Hmm I did take a look and can't see anything obviously out of order, but it's pretty hard to tell; dang.

If I wanted to clean it what's the best way of getting in there? I'm thinking I can maybe dip the tip of a microfiber and shove it in, but is there a better way? I don't want to break something further...

• Wow

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ichig0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely do NOT do this.

You'll bend or break a pin inside of the micro SD card slot and it'll end up having to be replaced.

https://gbatemp.net/news/10_supercardds2_review_pcb_back.jpg
I was kinda worried about that. I actually have no idea how you can clean contacts so small and far removed..

Man. First I got scammed by that r43ds website.. That was dumb of me. But then I found an actual auction for one of these things and won! And then it got here and doesn't read the SD... This is a big disappointment.

I don't want to give up yet, but there is nothing visibly wrong that I can see with the SD reader, makes no sense. I don't know if there's much else I can do

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was kinda worried about that. I actually have no idea how you can clean contacts so small and far removed..

Man. First I got scammed by that r43ds website.. That was dumb of me. But then I found an actual auction for one of these things and won! And then it got here and doesn't read the SD... This is a big disappointment.

I don't want to give up yet, but there is nothing visibly wrong that I can see with the SD reader, makes no sense. I don't know if there's much else I can do
As a last resort, you could try using WD-40 Contact Cleaner.

https://www.wd40.com/products/contact-cleaner/

Just use a little and don't go crazy with it, then slide in and out a micro SD card (that you don't mind messing up) while cleaning it off each insert and eject.

ichig0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a last resort, you could try using WD-40 Contact Cleaner.

https://www.wd40.com/products/contact-cleaner/

Just use a little and don't go crazy with it, then slide in and out a micro SD card (that you don't mind messing up) while cleaning it off each insert and eject.
Got some of that around the house.. Sounds a bit scary putting it in there, but I'll go light and see what happens.

Sidenote, if anyone has a spare DSTwo laying around.. I guess I might be back in the market now

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got some of that around the house.. Sounds a bit scary putting it in there, but I'll go light and see what happens.

Sidenote, if anyone has a spare DSTwo laying around.. I guess I might be back in the market now
Make sure it's the WD-40 CONTACT CLEANER and not just regular "WD-40".

NOT THIS:
wd-40-lubricants-110057-64_1000.jpg

THIS INSTEAD:
1661735219-30055-contact-cleaner-11oz-front-3-8-21-min.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?