redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Etalon said:
mercluke said:
both the ak2i and the cyclo used in this video boot differently to how ds lite cards did at the time

mercluke, I'd like to believe you. But there is no Evo in this video. You can't even see the DSi menu. It's already booted. That's why I speculated.

I know what Team Cyclops claimed or claims. But I'm not really sure if they are allways telling the truth...
if you look at the date the video was posted then you'll notice it was made on the 19th of november (18 days after the dsi launched in japan but before the ak2i was released - once again, before release, not before the PoC video they showed off)
it would not have been possible for them to have used an ak2i running an altered cyclo menu in order to fake the video as the ak2i had not yet been released (or even named) - this video was/is 100% real

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
OK, thanks, mercluke. I never checked the date in this detail. It's even difficult for me to get dates of past events in general. But that's a different topic.

Anyway: There was no card visible, no DSi menu, no booting process, nothing. I have no idea what exactly they inserted into the DSi, and for some reason, they choose not to show it in this video...

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mercluke said:
Etalon said:
mercluke said:
both the ak2i and the cyclo used in this video boot differently to how ds lite cards did at the time

mercluke, I'd like to believe you. But there is no Evo in this video. You can't even see the DSi menu. It's already booted. That's why I speculated.

I know what Team Cyclops claimed or claims. But I'm not really sure if they are allways telling the truth...
if you look at the date the video was posted then you'll notice it was made on the 19th of november (18 days after the dsi launched in japan but before the ak2i was released - once again, before release, not before the PoC video they showed off)
it would not have been possible for them to have used an ak2i running an altered cyclo menu in order to fake the video as the ak2i had not yet been released (or even named) - this video was/is 100% real
So you're saying that Team Cyclops had a DS-in-DSi mode DSi-in-DS-Mode* card for nearly 3 years, but didn't want to release it?
Yeah... I'm calling bullshit.

That's nearly 3 years of reduced sales for....... no valid reason?

*edited because I mistyped.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frederic said:
This will help 3DS sales surely, and provided 3DS games stay protected, will there be much damage to Nintendo?

I was thinking the same thing. Nintendo's focus now is on selling as much 3DS hardware units as possible, and making sure 3DS games can't be played from a flashcart or other hack (i.e. softmod). Retail sales of DS games are basically over. Letting existing DS flashcarts work on the 3DS only gives everyone who currently has a flashcart that much more reason to go out and buy a new 3DS. Almost enough benefit in this for Nintendo to make you wonder.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
So you're saying that Team Cyclops had a DS-in-DSi mode card for nearly 3 years, but didn't want to release it?

http://hackmii.com/2010/02/lawsuit-coming-in-3-2-1/

This article's titled "Lawsuit coming in 3.. 2.. 1.." for a reason, as the iEvolution comes unflashed for the same reason.

Legal issues.

mrp73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So in 25 pages let us review what we've learned :

1. The 3DS has been hacked
2. The 3DS has not been hacked
3. Flashcarts ARE working on it in DS mode
4. People are making fake videos claiming flashcarts are working in DS mode
5. People KNOW what they are talking about based on 2 minutes of video
6. People have no idea what they are talking about based on 2 minutes of video
7. Person 1 thinks person 2 has stupid opinions and they have no F'in clue what they are talking about
8. Person 2 thinks the same about person 1

It's so obvious isn't it. This makes me want to run out and think of not contemplating cancelling my preorder for my 3DS that I may or may not have placed based on my thought that my current flash cart won't not be running in DS mode when they have not updated the bootstrap to not quit operating in 3DS or without prejudice.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
RyanRDLPS said:
I hate to burst every ones bubble... I want a 3DS accessible flash card as well before it streets here in the US...

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/4092/notreal3dsflash.jpg

It just doesn't appear that the cartridge was inserted. It seems that it just looked that way to fool the viewer.

Thoughts from everyone else?

My thoughts are that image proves nothing since the quality is awful.

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
Ramonra said:
RyanRDLPS said:
I hate to burst every ones bubble... I want a 3DS accessible flash card as well before it streets here in the US...

It just doesn't appear that the cartridge was inserted. It seems that it just looked that way to fool the viewer.

Just re watched the video carefully, and yes I am seeing what is in the image, in clearer quality.

Who knows.. good hoax if it is, but I highly believe it's legit..

Oh well, I wonder how they faked the video *IF* they did.. it looks so perfect and legit.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Ramonra said:
RyanRDLPS said:

It is awful...

But I watched the video again and noticed the same thing. It looks as if it is not inserted, but rather sitting crooked on the table...
unsure.gif

I dunno anymore. I don't know what to say anymore besides "wait till further proof".

Also, why did they not show more proof? They just quickly jumped into it, not showing the menu, or any of that. Just, "turn on, run".

Seemed suspicious to me from the start.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RyanRDLPS said:

Well, if the cart wasn't inserted, then what kind of cart WAS in the 3DS to make it boot to the main screen and load a game etc?
unsure.gif

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Rydian said:
twiztidsinz said:
So you're saying that Team Cyclops had a DS-in-DSi mode card for nearly 3 years, but didn't want to release it?

This article's titled "Lawsuit coming in 3.. 2.. 1.." for a reason, as the iEvolution comes unflashed for the same reason.

Legal issues.

Rydian, the Acekard 2.i came unflashed for some years as well... And M3i. And whatever.

"Well, we could if we want, but we won't show it in this video and we won't do it; we simply wait three years because it's fun; and we don't care about some million Bucks..."

Seriously....

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
twiztidsinz said:

Legal issues.
I've read that so many times... and fail to see what it has to do with anything in this case.
- Datel was never sued over it (correct me if I'm wrong).
- Other teams put out DSi-in-DS-Mode cards, and that wouldn't have been TC's first Flashcard.
- The first 'batch' of cards didn't need this (correct me if I'm wrong) since AceKard was able to show the "AK2" icon + "Acekard 2i//www.acekard.com" header prior to the 1.4 update, correct?

Maybe I'm just thinking of this too much like a business person, but if they had the means to do this I cannot comprehend them not doing so. Even if only to remain competitive with everyone else who was doing it.
I realize that as Mercluke said, 'they were waiting for hax', but for 3 years? That's just bad business IMO.

mrp73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After you mentioned the video again and what looks like it could be something dark sticking out of the back I have a theory. You'll notice that they put sheets of white paper bumped up to each other to cover what is probably a dark table and might cause problems when video taping. i think maybe one of the sheets moved slightly when they were inserting the cartridge and what you are seeing is a little bit of the dark table that is underneath the paper that moved just slightly.

Actually also the paper may not have moved at all. It may just not have been taped perfectly to cover the dark table. There is a small slit revealing the table underneath.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    PS2 meme
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    PS2 it used to be great lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, may I see it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I sometimes check out /vg/ to look for any good retro gaming recommendations.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    The PS2 was quite a good console for its time. Imagine how many people in Spain are still using one LOL.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Today's technology makes anything from last gen look like shit
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Exactly. Take note of the Switch, for example. Its underpowered compared to how older tech was capable of doing just about anything.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wii u was shit fight me
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, 1) I never entered 4chan 2) I have good memories with my PS2 even though most of the games i had were scratched beyond being bootable
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Not gonna lie, about half of its game library was shovelware like its counterpart, the Wii.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and the other half were just 1st party games
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, The Wii U was essentially an early Switch, before the Switch was a thing.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They already had the technology but the price to performance wasn't there
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and before third party companies were able to make games for the newest nintendo console
    +1
    Older systems I love some of the games but without filters and enhanced graphics they are difficult to enjoy
    +2
    Especially the PS1....
    That thing needs all the bandaids lol
    I think my favorite PS1 enhancement is sub pixel precision, helps get rid of some of those wobbly polygons lol
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, By default, the polygons are filtered with differing to simulate depth, which doesn't make them clearer.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Which GPU was hot in the ps1 era psi besides all of them
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There are ways to disable this by creating cheat codes, but this requires knowledge of the PS1 hardware.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss the old game shark books you could just go to Walmart and buy now it's instant ban or some punishefor using cheats
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I have physical copies of both Pokémon diamond and Pokémon black, gonna post them on my profile
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, the filters i hate the most are the bilinear ones
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, the filters i hate the most are the bilinear ones