Hardware Homebrew Project N6 Generation (custom flashcart)

DecoTheEpicGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is likely going to be a really stupid idea, first, let me explain.

My Nintendo DS lite came with this universally hated and obscure cartridge, according to the label, it is called the N5 Generation Revolution for DS (www.dsn5.com)

Now, the reasons i assume this cartridge is really terrible is due to them bricking and shorting out DS lite consoles, and just being a low quality clone in general.

And i also assume this cartridge is NOT the variant that shorts out consoles, i think, but just in case, i want to make this cartridge better, and maybe sell it.

Now, i have already taken it apart, and i see a crap ton of components, which i find odd, no DS cartridges (especially flashcarts) needs a lot of components like these, said components might be the so called fuses or chips that shorts out consoles, the solder points with said components are Y1 and U2, Y1 is really dirty and rusty by the way, there may be more, but i will soon take a picture of said flashcart and another flashcart i have, im on School as of right now.

These will be the only changes to the motherboard (for now), i plan on making a custom label and a YSmenu theme for it! (if the cartridge actually supports YSmenu)

Let me know what you all think!

Last edited by DecoTheEpicGuy,

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now, the reasons i assume this cartridge is really terrible is due to them bricking and shorting out DS lite consoles, and just being a low quality clone in general.
If you're not sure if your N5 card is a bricker, one way is by the SD card slot. If its spring-loaded then avoid it at all costs.
The N5 should be compatible with Wood R4 and YSMenu.

DecoTheEpicGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you're not sure if your N5 card is a bricker, one way is by the SD card slot. If its spring-loaded then avoid it at all costs.
The N5 should be compatible with Wood R4 and YSMenu.
Oh, it is a spring-loaded SD card reader, guess im just hammering it to avoid further damage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?