Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Icon text hints that it's probably similar to the MMD cart I have. so not an N-Card in all likely hood. My MMD cart shows up as white icon with no text on my 3DS though. Is that one an autoboot cart? Might explain why the icon is black...they probably didn't design one since it wasn't meant to be seen. MaxMediaDock is made by Detel which is the same company that makes the Action Replay that one is showing up as.

Even if your 3DS is soft modded that cart might not boot because of arm7 entry address. For some reason TWL_FIRM doesn't like the entry addresses many old flashcarts/homebrew carts used back in the day. DSi System Menu seemed fine with most of them though so long as you soft modded it with HiyaCFW.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,
Reactions: SylverReZ

LunarPurin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Icon text hints that it's probably similar to the MMD cart I have. so not an N-Card in all likely hood. My MMD cart shows up as white icon with no text on my 3DS though. Is that one an autoboot cart? Might explain why the icon is black...they probably didn't design one since it wasn't meant to be seen. MaxMediaDock is made by Detel which is the same company that makes the Action Replay that one is showing up as.

Even if your 3DS is soft modded that cart might not boot because of arm7 entry address. For some reason TWL_FIRM doesn't like the entry addresses many old flashcarts/homebrew carts used back in the day. DSi System Menu seemed fine with most of them though so long as you soft modded it with HiyaCFW.
Yeah, it autoboots to the program seen on the green DS lite.
I don't actually have any N-Card compatible pieces of software/hardware, so I can't find out much objective about it.
It's curious at the very least, likely dating all the way back to 2009 or 2010 if I had to guess.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I didn't get ahold of a new bootleg cart, but I found this in my collection.
Definitely not a traditional board, but I'm also unsure if it's an N-Card.

It seems to pre-date Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver as they are incomptaible.
Very odd either way, and in getting the board, sadly destroyed the original shell (Sticker had been long-since lost, but I'm getting off-topic.)
Chip on the left reads:
DATELV
NDSAR
0946MP205
JAPAN
Not an N-Card, but a Max Media Launcher or other Datel DS cartridge.

LunarPurin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not an N-Card, but a Max Media Launcher or other Datel DS cartridge.
Interesting, I'm assuming there's not much I can do with it then.
Permanently stuck with an outdated limited off-brand gameshark ^^;
Post automatically merged:

Also that cart seems to rely on hotswapping to do cheats anyways and you can't hotswap on a 3DS/DSi so it's kinda useless on anything besides a DS/DS Lite. :P
Yeah, I guess it would be useless, but still always found it interesting it outright refused to boot

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting, I'm assuming there's not much I can do with it then.
Permanently stuck with an outdated limited off-brand gameshark ^^;
Try booting the cart with TWiLight Menu++ or NTR Launcher.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Yeah some of the old Detal carts don't quite get the cart protocol right or something. They don't work on 3DS for some reason and on DSi my MMD cart doesn't show up at all in SystemMenu. Similar to my og R4 in that respect.

Not sure how viable this could be but you could try and run a rom dump of that cart installed as a NTR mode DSiWare. Issue will be how the cheats are stored. Likely used some form of emulated cart save for that so probably wouldn't make it any more useable. (plus you'd have to run it in TWL mode to get cart init to work on first go anyways).

Regardless of how it's booted though the cart swapping it requires won't work even if booted from NTR Launcher. The software on the cart would have to know how to reset the slot power state on arm7 and that wasn't a thing back when DS/DS Lite was around so it would still be useless even if you managed to get the cart to boot. :P

LunarPurin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try booting the cart with TWiLight Menu++ or NTR Launcher.
I meant that I can't do anything in terms of overwriting. I can still use it with my other DS systems ^^
Post automatically merged:

Yeah some of the old Detal carts don't quite get the cart protocol right or something. They don't work on 3DS for some reason and on DSi my MMD cart doesn't show up at all in SystemMenu. Similar to my og R4 in that respect.
Yeah, I'm gonna hold onto it, but figured I'd find out what it is. Thanks for the info :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?