Hacking 3DS flashcart came out and video inside

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
You guys are pretty annoying.

This IS an advancement, there was protection to stop the old flash carts from working.
This will help the 3ds to sell IMO.

The hackers aren't lazy, this is just one small step.
I'm sure they're working on getting the actual 3ds os hacked aswell as the 3ds roms.

This isn't really what nintendo or whatever were refering to when they said it'd be hard to hack.
This just adds what we pretty much already have, but I still think it's pretty special from a consumer prospective.

D

Deleted User

twiztidsinz said:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2381021,00.asp
"Let me just clear things up. This is not a 3DS flashcart. It is the R4 used on Dsi. It is not possible to play 3DS games from it. You can't use your current DS flashcart (no matter what brand) on it. The R4 team has managed to hack the 3DS in order to make it run. Nintendo has made a "whitelist," built into the 3DS. It's a lit that contains the names of all games that can be played on the 3DS. These guys have modified this list, making it possible to run their flashcart. There, you can not do this unless you hack the system yourself. Expect Nintendo to release a firmware update to block the R4 cards once again."

I suppose though that the flashcart teams could possibly try and put some coding into the firmware in order to disguise it as a game on the whitelist or somthing...

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Pikachu123angel said:
I suppose though that the flashcart teams could possibly try and put some coding into the firmware in order to disguise it as a game on the whitelist or somthing...
That's how the DSi carts work. By the looks of it, it's what will be happening with the 3DS for awhile.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That thing only work in DS mode, so you can't run 3DS roms? So what's the big deal about it? For DS roms, just keep playing your DS.

Also, real 3DS flashcart running in 3DS mode that allow you to play 3DS roms are probably gonna take a while to come out. Just because they broke the DS mode on the 3DS doesn't they can crack 3DS mode at all. It's not even close to happening.

DarkMario616

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
That thing only work in DS mode, so you can't run 3DS roms? So what's the big deal about it? For DS roms, just keep playing your DS.

Also, real 3DS flashcart running in 3DS mode that allow you to play 3DS roms are probably gonna take a while to come out. Just because they broke the DS mode on the 3DS doesn't they can crack 3DS mode at all. It's not even close to happening.

Way to go Captain Obvious. It's been said too many times now.

xakota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just sent Team Acekard an email and they replied:
Hi,making current flash cart run DSi and DS game on 3DS is a easy job. We just need more test. And i believe all flash cart will support run DS and DSi games on 3DS. It's just a matter of time.
Cracking 3DS is the hardest part. Since it's just come out and Nintendo had enforced their protections. I do not know how long will it take but we are working on it.
Thank you for your attention.

WiKiLEAK

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
xakota said:
Just sent Team Acekard an email and they replied:
Hi,making current flash cart run DSi and DS game on 3DS is a easy job. We just need more test. And i believe all flash cart will support run DS and DSi games on 3DS. It's just a matter of time.
Cracking 3DS is the hardest part. Since it's just come out and Nintendo had enforced their protections. I do not know how long will it take but we are working on it.
Thank you for your attention.

That's BullSh1t, they could not even get their DSi flashcart ( acekard 2i ) to run on DSi mode, hence no DSi Roms running in full mode ( with all features activated ) as did the Cyclo Team, and now they claim that they will be able to get the 3DS to run on DS and DSi mode ... yeah right, and i still suck my thumb

Godson777

yo waddup
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk if anyone knows this, but...

I was crawling around Gamekool today, and I found this on news and events part of the homepage.

gamekool said:
02.26.2010: 3DS flashcard is coming out,we will have pre-order for it in 2 days.ETA is March 10th.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Godson777 said:
idk if anyone knows this, but...

I was crawling around Gamekool today, and I found this on news and events part of the homepage.

gamekool said:
02.26.2010: 3DS flashcard is coming out,we will have pre-order for it in 2 days.ETA is March 10th.

Most likely referring to the damn R4 card that has announced to be 3DS compatible. That is my guess. it has an ETA of March 10th.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Giga_Gaia said:
The "big deal" is that it answers a question many of us had. We didn't know if there would be additional security measures not used before that would prevent all existing cards from working entirely. We now have the answer that while some don't, some still can run.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kyomagi said:
So is the r4 using just the public firmware? Im gonna pick one up i think if it is.

The problem is that the R4 doesn't have a flashable bootloader to address the minor changes required to work on a 3DS. Those carts with flashable bootloaders like the SuperCard2/Acekard2i/iEvo etc do not have to re-issue the cart, just make a new bootloader available. So for future updates, I would not get an R4, but instead go with one of the other options that allow for the bootloader to be updated.

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
http://www.r4wood.com/products/R4iTT-3DS-F...3DS-DSi-DS.html

i wonder if it s real
ohmy.gif

[youtube]9rYdBa9MPcw[/youtube]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge