What's the state of R4 carts in 2024?

CeeDee

fuckin dork
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been out of the loop for a while. The R4 I currently have (R4i 3DS RTS from "r4ids.cn") is starting to show its age and doesn't always read.
What's the best flashcart you can get ahold of these days? Any still in production that run Wood and/or don't have timebombs?

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
R4 Gold Pro with date 2023 onwards should no longer contain TB; good compatibility and ability to use YSMenu.
Ace3DS+ (found in 208-in-1 cartridges or similar) uses Wood and is 99% compatible (I only found one eu title that was not working). Like the previous one, the micro-SD slot is a bit wide; the card remains in a precarious state.
Also there is the promising DS EZ-FLASH, unfortunately not yet on sale, it would seem; attractive design. Regards. 😉

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They've always remained the same, relying on clones from previous generations instead of basing them on entirely new designs. Recently this year, EZ-Flash has announced the EZ-Flash Parallel, which looks very promising by the leaked images. So far, it is not for sale in the west (except for China).

Reactions: CeeDee

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Been out of the loop for a while. The R4 I currently have (R4i 3DS RTS from "r4ids.cn") is starting to show its age and doesn't always read.
What's the best flashcart you can get ahold of these days? Any still in production that run Wood and/or don't have timebombs?

Just wait for the EZ-Flash Parallel. It's around the corner with
  • will be in production
  • wood based
  • will not have timebomb (what leak says anyway.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol