Hacking 3DS 11.5 system update incoming

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to spoof FW version? I know I can spoof minimum required FW with simple cia converter, but this required a .3DS file. How can you do it for cia games?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stability is somehow a drug nintendo uses for their company branding. But Not everyone likes it. Too much makes things less fun for all of us. In a ideal world, everyone will find nothing but stability, even worst is on 1.0 meaning they never have updates not even once. It could even be 0.1 which is, Is..... scary to think it could happen. :ninja:

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What I have is a 3ds arm9 installer for ak2i only.

Leaking it would be a devastating mistake. The author would likely cancel multi-card and install-without-2nd-3ds support. Bad idea. Not going to do it.
Just wait, it won't be much longer.

I heard you needed two ak2i's? Or is that BS?
That, may or may not be relevant information, or it may be a insight of what we may be able to look forward to.

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
But it's already so freaking stable.
I'm going to build my next house out of 3DSs. Thousands of years in the future, when the world is razed and barren, it will be the only thing still erect, standing as a defiant epitaph against time's subtle erosion. I'm certain it will baffle archaeologists and they'll label it an OOPArt, or perhaps even worship its mysterious solidarity, while a gossamer Reggie face in the sky coyly smirks. It'll be a space attraction, bringing in onlookers from across the galaxy, stumping scientists and arousing women. All will fall in line before its majestic stability, and it will rule the future with an iron foundation. All hail the impossibly stable 3DS house. All hail Nintendo.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
So, I feel like I need to shed some light on 11.5.0-38 for you guys.

Note: Some of this may have been said later in the thread, but some of us are TL;DR people.

• We have NO FUCKING IDEA what the 11.5.0-38 update fixes.
  • Smea ALREADY has 11.5.0-38 payloads up for the NEW3DS ONLY.

• If you have Luma3DS and boot9strap, it's safe to update.
  • All Rosalina functionality seems to be intact.
  • NTR will probably, as always, be broken (I'm not sure yet...), so please be patient until we have more information. Feel free to correct me on this one.
  • Most stock 3DS systems from this point onwards will probably be on either 11.4.0-37 or 11.5.0-38, so good luck.
  • 3ds.guide has been updated for 11.5.0-38, and it seems that the only ways to install CFW on it currently are with certain DSiWare titles, ntrboothax, or a Hardmod.

If you're having any problems with homebrew on 11.5.0-38, the Nintendo Homebrew Discord server is your best bet.

MaladroitJoypad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, I read a couple pages of comments and b9s is still fine, ready to update, but why? Isnt there supposed to be an update for Luma3ds before I update my FW? You guessed right, Im still a n00b.

And reading about Rosalina; how do I use it? Maybe Im just blind, but I wanted to check it out. And is it even recommended to update, if 1) you can still play online 2) nothing really changed at all ? I wonder...

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Please stop this CFW superiority crap. Not everyone wants to use Luma3DS.
That's pretty hypocritical coming from your past. The amount of times I've seen you say "don't use RxTools, it's outdated" or "don't use GW", well, it's too much to count. And while RxTools may be outdated or GW not up to common standards, I think you should take a leaf from your own book and "Please stop this CFW superiority crap."

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Can Nintendo just stop please? The 3DS is pretty damn stable. I don't need anymore stability.
If they keep on doing this, the stability will overflow and loop back to no stability at all!! :O

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That's pretty hypocritical coming from your past. The amount of times I've seen you say "don't use RxTools, it's outdated" or "don't use GW", well, it's too much to count. And while RxTools may be outdated or GW not up to common standards, I think you should take a leaf from your own book and "Please stop this CFW superiority crap."
Rxtools
As for Gateway, I see more reasons to encourage users to switch than continue using a product so grossly out of date . The fact that we are now on 11.5 with B9S 1.2, while Gateway is on A9LH v1 with 11.2, should actually upset people. People should either be moving away from Gateway or start demanding updates from them. This is unacceptable treatment for their community and people shouldn't tolerate it.
I guess I am the only person truly upset by this.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: hellionz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9pwfLTaW8J8?si=FaKUzB-OBP92LnUD