Hacking 3DS 11.5 system update incoming

D

Deleted User

What I have is an 3ds arm9 installer for ak2i only.

Leaking it would be a devastating mistake. The author would likely cancel multi-card and install-without-2nd-3ds support. Bad idea. Not going to do it.
Just wait, it won't be much longer.
well you just confirmed it for ak2i. so thanks for that bit.

do you know where I could get in touch with the developer? I wouldn't mind being a tester for it...

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
well you just confirmed it for ak2i. so thanks for that bit.

do you know where I could get in touch with the developer? I wouldn't mind being a tester for it...
They have enough testers already. And what I said is still a rumor. Can't trust zoogies :ph34r:

GerbilSoft

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Miiverse doesn't work without updating. I'd guess the same goes for online play?
I was playing SMM 3DS an hour before I realized that. Either 11.5 was released in that hour, or online play behaves differently than Miiverse.
Miiverse uses the NNID for login instead of the friend code, which could explain why it requires an update.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Perhaps what's going on is that Luma 8.0 and 8.1 are simply less tolerant of badly-programmed software? Not trying to throw shade at anyone specific, considering there's plenty of badly-coded official software, as all the past 3DS exploits have shown ;) If that's the case, then I wouldn't blame Luma (at least not entirely) for more frequent crashes.

That is exactly the case, apparently Luma now catches all ARM11 exceptions including non-fatal ones (there are two kinds of exceptions: fatal ones which normally cause the "error has occured" screen and non-fatal ones which are normally ignored). It is kind of like insisting on using -Wall -Werror for everything including software that depends on proprietary libraries which may use depreciated functions/API calls/etc (which would make those things not compile at all unless you were willing to reverse engineer and reimplement said library/libraries). Which means the crashes will continue until either the arm11 exception handling is relaxed or someone fully reverse engineers and either reimplements or patches the buggy 3ds system software and buggy game code.

D

Deleted User

Maybe because you say things like "I hope their data corrupts so they can't release this". Just sayin.
that's for the switch and I was using the same words as someone earlier. besides, somebody else already changed my mind on the subject...

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
What I have is a 3ds arm9 installer for ak2i only.

Leaking it would be a devastating mistake. The author would likely cancel multi-card and install-without-2nd-3ds support. Bad idea. Not going to do it.
Just wait, it won't be much longer.

Yup works in eur jpn and usa n3ds / o3ds and eur n2ds just checked

Reactions: Patxinco and zoogie

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's for the switch and I was using the same words as someone earlier. besides, somebody else already changed my mind on the subject...
Yeah I guess you're right.
From what I can tell you have to be a dev that is in with the main 3ds devs to get access to this things. Probably mostly because they can potentially debug issues themselves and help fix up code.

D

Deleted User

Yeah I guess you're right.
From what I can tell you have to be a dev that is in with the main 3ds devs to get access to this things. Probably mostly because they can potentially debug issues themselves and help fix up code.
well then i better be on top of the switch scene.

D

Deleted User

zoogie buddy, you should've kept your mouth shut, now you're gonna have noobs clogging up your inbox asking for it.
i'm assuming if the dev of one of the biggest exploits to the 3ds trusted zoogie they know to keep it to themselves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.