Hacking 3DS 11.5 system update incoming

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So if I don't have a9lh or b9s or any CFW, 11.5 won't change what I can/can't do through doodlebomb HBL access. Correct?
Just making sure I'm not missing anything 11.4-specific. Even though I have a flashcart at the ready.
It should work with the 11.4 payloads as everything else seems to do so.
And 11.5 payloads have been added to smealum's site
http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Then those whom wish to not go CFW are stupid. End of story.

Haven't even looked at or touched my GW in over a year.
ReiNAND is actually still being actively worked on. I would know because I am the tester for the project.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm on Luma3DS + B9S. It's safe to update, right?
Been testing all night, it's safe to upgrade with both Luma3DS and ReiNAND.
They didn't add anything too drastically new to the system to cause harm to CFWs.

Mike Abastante

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest with you all, I couldn't care less about playing online and the super rock solid stability updates. But I keep updating my console just because of that hideous pop-up telling me that I have an update available. If I could just kill that pop-up I wouldn't be such a slut for updates.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Seems to happen all the time. It like for aome bizzare reason, the more talented a dev is the more emotionally sensitive they are?
It looks to me like the more talented a dev, the more hostile, nasty, and disrespectful elements of our community becomes.

We've lost maybe a dozen devs over the last few years.

It's bullshit to put that blame on those devs labelling them as "emotionally sensitive", the blame falls squarely on us as a community.

I have my N3DS sysnand 11.5 with homebrew (freakyhax), but the homebrew launcher didn't work on my O3DS Luma 11.5 (cia), can anyone tell me if I can do something to fix it.
If you rely on homebrew apps (HBL included) you're supposed to wait until updated payloads are released before updating.

The new3DS ones are available, the old3DS ones are not. It took a couple of weeks last time I think.

ReiNAND is actually still being actively worked on. I would know because I am the tester for the project.
The biggest problem with reiNAND is that it has Reisyukaku's name on it, the less oxygen we give that fucker the better.

Reactions: Majickhat55

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks to me like the more talented a dev, the more hostile, nasty, and disrespectful elements of our community becomes.

We've lost maybe a dozen devs over the last few years.

It's bullshit to put that blame on those devs labelling them as "emotionally sensitive", the blame falls squarely on us as a community.

If you rely on homebrew apps (HBL included) you're supposed to wait until updated payloads are released before updating.

The new3DS ones are available, the old3DS ones are not. It took a couple of weeks last time I think.

The biggest problem with reiNAND is that it has Reisyukaku's name on it, the less oxygen we give that fucker the better.
while that may be so, your preaching to a choir of unaccountable aliases... therfore I think that expectation is a bit unrealistic. Perhaps if this was all done via Facebook, then yea but who would do that right?

Anyways, just saying, we have all seen great things like this goo bye bye before realease before because of disrespectful members. Its probably nintendo or sony themselves oping on occasionally to sling mud just to derail, now that's a conspiracy therory:)

Anyways, devs with thick skins typically do best with this sort of stuff!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Last edited by democracy,

JavaScribe

Confused
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its probably nintendo or sony themselves oping on occasionally to sling mud just to derail, now that's a conspiracy therory
nu you just told ninty how to solve the homebrew issue

less haxors = less people to b@n = n00bs being (somehow) even more trigger-happy with rep0rting = more spam for admins = wait...
That actually could end well for the hackers xD

It should work with the 11.4 payloads
I actually returned here to ask if I had to rename the 11.4 payloads for them to work... then I remembered that they're renamed payload.bin anyways...

Last edited by JavaScribe,
Reactions: democracy

KhenemetHeru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

O3DS looks like it was only brought up to 11.3 on smealum's site... but at least this answered my concern, my O3DS will stay as it is for now.

N3DS updated with the new FW and payload (found the concise explanation, no surprises). Seems fine.

d3xterr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yo. got my 2ds with 11.2 today. I want to get a cfw using 3ds.guide. At one point it says, that I should update. Can I update then on 11.5? What about these "payloads", if I read well they update them only for the n3ds. And what are these payloads in general?

greeetngs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    hmmm 360 even lol
    Well I was getting a discount so 320 is probably right
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap, I used to pay $100 for a tine.
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ativan is pretty legit
    +1
    The last time I had to take something to help me sleep, I was prescribed Trazadone it was pretty OK to be honest.
    Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol