OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE(http://wiikey.cn/) said:
SSBB Update Released for Wiikey!

We are pleased to be able to announce the release of Firmware Update 1.9s for Wiikey which is available in the resources section. This fixes the issue with original SSBB discs not working and it should also no longer be possible to render the chip inoperable by using patched config discs. A new config option to block system updates from DVD is also supported. The 1.9s config discs will be released by the end of this week.

Download at http://wiikey.cn/resources.html

iffy525

not famous
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
dang i wanted to post that.

on topic: yay!
smile.gif

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Ironically, I just replaced my Wiikey'd D2B drive with a D2pro'd D2C drive earlier this afternoon.

I don't regret it though, I predict more problems with Wiikey in the future. And now I can give my old drive to friend that has an unmodded Wii.

webyugioh

Trophies
Website
www.free-ftp.org
XP
Country
Wiikey Update 1.9s info from Wiinewz

QUOTE said:
WiiKey Update 1.9s

This is a cumulative update for wiikey, fixing a few bugs and adding some new features.

Bugs fixed
-----------

- Issue with original Super Smash Bros Brawl discs not working fixed
- It should now not be possible to render the chip inoperable by using patched config discs

New features
--------------

- DVD update blocker: A new config option to block system updates from DVD. This
prevents the Wii from loading a system update for another region.
- Dev Mode: Remaps drive debug commands from 0xFx to 0x2x

So, can any one explain to me what Dev Mode does and how 0xFx to 0x2x works?

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was pointing out that if people aren't happy with the current state of Wiikey, YAOSM is a great alternative. I think it is far superior. If you're going to point out that my statement was not the point of the thread then you should also point out that everyone who is going to make a comment about the lack of support is going off-topic.

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
is ther a elf release? dont wanna waste 20dvds again =_="
btw, did anyone got a solder problem warning while updating this? cause my wiikey's a fakie.

rhyguy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
soulanger1 said:
is ther a elf release? dont wanna waste 20dvds again =_="
btw, did anyone got a solder problem warning while updating this? cause my wiikey's a fakie.
Use a dvd RW (Always have 2 for homebrew stuffs) and verify using img burn

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, it wasn't distributed using the disgruntled-beta-tester-leak method! way to go Wiikey team! maybe the config disc will release on time, too.

EDIT: i just saw that the config disc is on a particular well known torrent site. wonder why it's not on the official site...

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
underpressure116 said:
I was pointing out that if people aren't happy with the current state of Wiikey, YAOSM is a great alternative. I think it is far superior. If you're going to point out that my statement was not the point of the thread then you should also point out that everyone who is going to make a comment about the lack of support is going off-topic.
Since when "YAOSM > EVERYTHING LOLOLOL i PWN CATS" is a comment about the lack of support? Also they made what they promised. so i'd say there's enough support from wiikey team, even though it take a while.

Anyway great update, but i don't really need to update, so i'll just skip that. Untill it's needed. :|

Chinman

Trophies
XP
Country
anybody else have a problem with their trucha'd pro evo 2008 with block updates turned on, it definitely wasnt working. i turned off block updates and it was fine, played it all night. block updates aint important to me so im not that bothered. im on 3.1E. my friend claims his was fine but i know he is on a later update

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Argh!

Since I installed the update and ran the confi I tried Mario Sunshine (NTSC) on my PAL Wii and it went to a black screen and then reset my Wii!

It used to work fine.

Edit: After a hard power down it works again.
It looks like I have to do the hard power off each time I want to play it. After a standby and then back on it failed to boot again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.