ZTE's Gaming Smartphone 'Red Magic' Revealed

red magic gaming smarphone.JPG

Gaming smartphones are on a roll! Shortly after Razer set the pace with its Razer Phone, several competitors appeared on the market. It was barely a week ago that the Xiaomi-back 'Black Shark' gaming smartphone was revealed that a new one popped up. Enter Red Magic.

To accentuate the gaming adjective in its smartphone, ZTE packed the Red Magic with a customizable RGB strip at the back of the device. There you have it, RGB lovers: a phone with customizable RGB lighting!

Other notable features of the phone are as follows:
  • 18:9 aspect "edge-to-edge" 6-inch full HD+ screen
  • CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 (up to 2.45GHz)
  • GPU: Adreno 540
  • RAM: 6 GB or 8 GB LPDDR4X
  • Storage: 64 GB or 128 GB UFS2.1 2-LANE
  • Battery: 3800 mAh
  • Android 8.1 Oreo OS
  • Weight: 185g
Other than its customizable RGB strip, the Red Magic doesn't have any other stand-out "game-y" accessories like a dedicated gamepad (as of now) but it does feature a "Gameboost" switch to boost performance. It also features yesteryear's Snapdragon 835 processor and a 3800 mAh battery instead of the newer Snapdragon 845 and 4000 mAh battery that its competitors boast. The brand claims that it was the best available chip that could sustain performance without throttling.

The Red Magic gaming smartphone will be available to pre-order on Indiegogo starting April 24 at an Early Bird price of $399.

Chinese users can already book the 6GB+64GB model for 2,499 yuan or the 8GB+128GB model for 2,999 yuan on ZTE's Nubia branch site.

:arrow: Red Magic Official Website

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To play crappy mobile games? Nope. Ill stick to my switch, vita and 3ds for portability. My PC can emulate console games. And my budget smartphone can play crappy mobile games
I honestly prefer emulation on my phone. I'll have it on me more often than I would have my laptop with me. Plus, you can hook up a Bluetooth controller to get around the crappy controls

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the more competitors release gaming phones=more prices drop after release :P

p.s. too bad i've just got Huawei mate 10 pro after my diseased P9 plus, i should wait for those gaming phones.

Last edited by leon315,

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can't they put any other systems on these things than android? Like certainly there's a form of Linux you could put on these things alongside android to actually give it use. Like what's the point of having a super powered phone if the only thing it can actually use the power in are things like candy crush

Dontwait00

Unknown
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, i think 2018 is a (good and finally)"upcoming" smarphone's gaming. It will be better if it was the same for the games, tho.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Aren't ZTE banned in the US?
Sort of, but not in the way you're thinking. What happened is American companies are no longer allowed to sell components or software to ZTE, not that ZTE devices can't be sold in the US. This means Google can't license out GApps to ZTE any longer, and chip manufacturers in the US can't sell components to ZTE.

You can still buy a ZTE device in the US fine and dandy, they just might not have GAPPs installed out of the box.

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aren't ZTE banned in the US?
ZTE and Huawei aren't banned, it's just reccoreco that you don't buy them. Ironically, I'm actually typing this from my huawei phone

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ninja'd

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sort of, but not in the way you're thinking. What happened is American companies are no longer allowed to sell components or software to ZTE, not that ZTE devices can't be sold in the US. This means Google can't license out GApps to ZTE any longer, and chip manufacturers in the US can't sell components to ZTE.

You can still buy a ZTE device in the US fine and dandy, they just might not have GAPPs installed out of the box.
They still have gapps ootb. At least huawei's phones still do

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sbeve