"Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner - M∀RS" 4K and VR Demo Now Available on PlayStation Store

zoe.JPG

In a press release today, Konami announced today that the 4K and VR demo of ZONE OF THE ENDERS: The 2nd RUNNER – M∀RS is now available on the PlayStation Store. The remaster of the original title features enhanced graphics and re-engineered audio.

Players can now experience Kojima's classic high-speed mech-action combat all in third-person 4K or experience the full game for the first time in VR. As reported earlier, some of the features in this new edition are as follows:
  • New VERY EASY Difficulty Level: simplified controls that allow you to unleash a variety of attacks at the press of a button.
  • Complete Tutorial: An expanded tutorial featuring explanations ranging from basic controls to helpful hints, including all new hints displayed in the TRAINING, PAUSE, and MENU screens.
  • Mini-Map Addition: Navigate difficult terrain using an all new mini-map feature.
  • PRO Controls: New PRO control configuration for high speed battles, in addition to the CLASSIC configuration:
  • Sets Grab to a different button from Sub Weapon, creating a smoother transition when switching from a sub weapon to grabbing.
  • Changes Dash to the R1 button—a quicker input for quicker action.
  • Makes use of an instantaneous, two-stage Sub Weapon selection system. Select weapons on the fly using categories or presets.
  • Features Quick Unlock, allowing you to immediately cancel your lock-on target.
  • Enjoy a casual play experience with simplified controls that allow you to unleash a variety of attacks at the press of a button.
  • ZORADIUS Returns: Play ZORADIUS with new controls and a power-up system using the ARRANGED settings.
Some of the features with VR support include:
  • Model Viewer: Check out detailed mecha models, including their in-game animations, at your leisure in this VR-supported mode.
  • Hanger: View the hanger here. This mode allows you to view a highly detailed cockpit or every angle of a mammoth JEHUTY.
  • Cinematic Theater: Replay cutscenes you've viewed in the game in the theater. You can even replay multiple cutscenes in order. You can also get a taste of intense

ZONE OF THE ENDERS: The 2nd RUNNER – M∀RS will launch on PlayStation 4, PlayStation VR and PC via Steam on September 4th in the Americas and on September 6th globally.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bet this game would be epic in VR from the cock pit.

its a shame the resolution sucks as bad as it does, it would be good to see devs use the VR just to enhance the 3D effect when playing normal games.

Reactions: SS4

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just tested it.

The VR is a nice addition but feels a little off.
it's nice to be inside the cockpit, looking around you, but:
- game transitioning to 2D custscenes video feel very strange, one time you are in 3D in the cockpit and the next second you look at a 2D cinema mode on a fixed screen in front of you and you are back in 3D etc.
- the subtitles in 3D are not at a good position. neither bottom nor top option looks fine to me, they are not in front of you and you need to look top/bottom to read it, not seeing in front of you anymore.
- little detail, but when in VR and you just slash into a lot of enemies with your sword, you don't really see anything, the frame just move so fast from one to another enemy that you just press attack button and hope you are safe. You don't see where you are in the map/area.
- looking around you has no real interest, at least in the demo (you see a target pointing where you look, but I didn't find any use)
- not an issue, just a detail (common in a LOT, if not all, games) : when you are in the cockpit, you see your "body", but it never moves a finger ! arms/fingers/feet, nothing is animated. That's just a detail, but it could have been "the" detail ;)

Graphically, the VR and the textures are nice.
when going into "cinematic mode" cutscenes, there is a little sense of depth in the 3D models too.

I then played in 2D mode only, and I preferred this mode to see what I was doing, having a global view on TV with your Frame/Jehuty on screen has a more natural transition when the game goes into custscene mode. also, subtitles were a lot more easier to read.
I think VR is nice, but maybe not as a first play through. it's a nice bonus to replay the game :)

I think the VR mode has a "infinite HP" mode, as I should have die few times and the HP always replenished. it didn't happen in 2D mode. Maybe I'm wrong, and it just replenishes after each area, I died in 2D mode, not in VR.

PS: English dub is still horrible with no feeling in the voices ;__;
but it's not a remake issue. I'd have loved audio language selection.

Last edited by Cyan,

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, i also agree that the VR is a bit of a letdown. I'm still glad its there but damn, just with the games bundled with my Rift i got to experience how much VR can add to a game so i just hope ppl understand its not a gimmick, like the wiimote for example, and its actually a big plus for all gamers and we want more games to support it :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: I met you in my dreams.