Zombie thread, RAAAGH

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
FQv9uzD.jpg

Imagine, in the next few years, all the fuss in the west could be Yokai Watch...
So I've been sick in bed for the last two days, where's the countdown at now?
Wow, I've been pretty sick as well lately. Coincidence?
Anyway, it should be at around 20 hours I'd say.
Not entirely, the FPS always dips with certain moves and Pokemon. Koffing always causes lag, Pokemon with semi transparency, and moves with lots of particles like Lava Plume or Surf.
If it weren't for broken save encryption with card2 games, I'd test this right now...

Reactions: Margen67 and lolboy

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Im sorry man, but this is just doesnt make sense. No sense at all.

Gary Oprah deserves respect JUST for keeping the hype up? and "so what?" if the update doesnt come at the end of the countdown? So what? You are delusional. Its not coming soon if its not coming tomorrow. Those are the facts. It was just a ploy to get people to stop buying Sky3ds. They dont deserve respect for lying like they have done the last 3 months. There better be n3ds support Sunday morning.

I dunno man maybe i'm a bit too patient but I don't mind too much if it doesn't come sunday as long as it's this month at least
For me I guess the gateway is worth the wait, but yeh like I said before, Gary will lose tons of support if he's wrong so I hope he isn't, Sony atleast is saying support is coming without doing that 3 day stuff

Thank god I have 2 3ds or yeh i'd probably be more like "Come on Gateway hurry up" a bit more angrily

Reactions: tony_2018

2skies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sky is not the solution for everyone who is tired of waiting for Gateway.

- Sky doesn't do homebrew
- Sky doesn't let me install .cias
- Sky only plays .3ds/.3dz files which means I have to futz with header nonsense
- Sky only holds 32 games
- Sky requires you to cycle through games individually
- Sky doesn't backup my retail carts
- Sky doesn't create backups of my firmware
- Sky doesn't....

You get the idea. It's not strictly about playing games, it's not so black and white. I think people are just fed up with the whole "soon" bullcrap.

monkey24699

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont get why is everybody so stressed all the time. You act like GW is your whole life FFS, go do some other things rather than lurking 24/7 here, hating on GW and trolling non-stop.
Or better yet buy yourself a SKY card and rid yourself of your misery. :teach:

Here we go... This is how GW/SKY fanboy/girl standoffs start LMAO.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sky is not the solution for everyone who is tired of waiting for Gateway.

- Sky doesn't do homebrew
- Sky doesn't let me install .cias
- Sky only plays .3ds/.3dz files which means I have to futz with header nonsense
- Sky only holds 32 games
- Sky requires you to cycle through games individually
- Sky doesn't backup my retail carts
- Sky doesn't create backups of my firmware
- Sky doesn't....

You get the idea. It's not strictly about playing games, it's not so black and white. I think people are just fed up with the whole "soon" bullcrap.

But, but SKY works with 9.5..... :sad:

2skies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But, but SKY works with 9.5..... :sad:

Sky works doing one thing on 9.5 / new consoles.

I'm not trying to fire vollies at the product or start a hardware war, Sky is a great piece of hardware for what it does. I'm just saying that the whole "don't like the wait? Get Sky" position is fallacious because you're comparing apples and oranges. Yes, they're both fruit, they both taste great as juice, but you're not going to be able to do certain things with one or the other.

For those who want to make a cinnamon apple torte, you're not going to recommend that they use an orange instead until the grocery store stocks apples again.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sky works doing one thing on 9.5 / new consoles.

I'm not trying to fire vollies at the product or start a hardware war, Sky is a great piece of hardware for what it does. I'm just saying that the whole "don't like the wait? Get Sky" position is fallacious because you're comparing apples and oranges. Yes, they're both fruit, they both taste great as juice, but you're not going to be able to do certain things with one or the other.

For those who want to make a cinnamon apple torte, you're not going to recommend that they use an orange instead until the grocery store stocks apples again.

Well then If you chose GW buckle up and enjoy the ride because they may be slow but they always deliver. Big time! :gba:

2skies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then If you chose GW buckle up and enjoy the ride because they may be slow but they always deliver. Big time! :gba:

Yep, I'm Gatewaiting just like most here :) I'm happily playing stuff on my old 3DS until then; I can always just export my .cia saves and inject them later with SaveDataFiler.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, my plan seems to have worked out in the end. Ordered cubic ninja, have homebrew to hold me over and let me use my N3DS for a bit, and then patiently wait for Gateway. Easy peasy. Seriously though guys, there's no point in complaining about Gateway support right now. After the countdown, maybe. It seems though that they really are about to drop the update very soon.

UraKn0x

Official senpai
Trophies
XP
Country
France
They posted a video of the N3Ds exploit 4 months ago and since then they have been telling that the 3DS support was coming soon over and over again. They did officially said it would be out before christmas in their replies to confused customers emails. It did turn out to be a lie. Was it on purpose to boost sales? You decide.

Every time I asked them when the 3.0 would be out they said "We cannot tell you, you'll know when it's released.". Nothing here is confusing, they did not announce any release date, never. The people who claimed that "GW will release their update before xx/yy I received a mail" are just attention whores. I could fake a mail sent by GW that says "Go suck your grandmother's toes" so even screenshots aren't proof that the mail is true.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...