Zero Escape creator's new visual novel Punch Line coming west

2m150m81d47e.png

PQube will be bringing a visual novel west later this summer. What sets this game apart from the multitude of other novel games is that this one is written by Kotaro Uchikoshi, known best for writing the Zero Escape games (999, Virtue's Last Reward, Zero Time Dilemma) and the SciADV team (Steins;Gate, Chaos;Head). The plot to the game involves a high school student who meets a superhero and has his soul knocked out of his body. As a ghost, he has the ability to get into mischief, which includes looking at women's panties. If he does that too many times, however, a meteor will strike the world and destroy it. Punch Line is based on the 2015 anime series of the same name, also penned by Uchikoshi.

Yūta Iridatsu is a pretty normal high school kid, with one exception: he faints if he sees girls' panties. You never quite notice how frequent panty flashes can be until they ruin your day – he has to not look, or it's lights out!

When he one day finds himself in the midst of a bus hijacking incident, he meets the famed vigilante crime fighter Strange Juice, and something unexpected happens to Yūta – his soul separates from his body. Stuck in a ghostly incorporeal form, he finds that his penchant for panties has disastrous consequences.

Punch Line will release on PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and PC.

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
>Punch Line
Ahh, that cool anime where a nosebleed leads to the end of the world + timeline shenanigans
>From the creators of Zero Escape
AWWWWWWW YESSSSSSSSSS!!

Reactions: SagaP and ThoD

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
As
a ghost, he has the ability to get into mischief, which includes looking at women's panties. If he does that too many times, however, a meteor will strike the world and destroy it. [/QU​
OTE]
Sounds like someone had way too overprotecting parents to come up with this storyline. :creep:

Also: I'm not sure if i can think of a worse curse to put on someone (okay, a heterosexual make) ...:unsure:

Selman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I have mixed feelings about this game, the anime was just ridiculous (not in a bad way necessarily) but it's written by the people who made my jaw drop dozens of times. It's just weird...
But a handheld release would have been REALLY nice though...

SagaP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I really enjoy the anime, and always felt the story would make and insteresting game, in fact i tought it was base on one while i was wathching it, would love to try it, specially with that team behind it.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Still no Chaos;Head Noah localization huh? I think I'll pass on this one. Is the plot as ridiculous as it sounds or does it get dark at some point?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: