Zelda Time Line Explained

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you think it's the same Link all over the three timeline?

As the producer said once, it's different heros and Zelda (reincarnated or not).
And, if I remember well, it's even explained in a Zelda game (was it Zelda2?) that all princesses are named Zelda in memory of the first one who is sealed. So there were a lot of generations between most games.

Edit:
Also, I thought Link's Awakening would be in the "flooded Hyrule" timeline.

Reactions: 1 person

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The timeline works i just dont get why people cant understand it personally i am loving it it gives a link to the past its proper place in the time line

NaokiKitsuhine

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm seeing in the future a Zelda game Called "The Legend of Zelda: The Three Heroes"
where the 3 heroes end up in the same timeline where hyrule reborn as a glorious kingdom but Vaati and Ganon unite power to destroy everything, then each Link of each timeline has one of the three triforces and they have to work together to stop the evil plan...

Just daydreaming... xD

Reactions: 2 people

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The timeline works i just dont get why people cant understand it personally i am loving it it gives a link to the past its proper place in the time line
I'm loving this since every game has a place in the timeline. Also, the timeline makes PERFECTLY SENSE. For those that are still confused, I suggest they play the games again. Of if it's just stubborness, it can't be helped.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the timelines make sense but there's still a flaw link cannot win and be defeated at the same time creating a 3rd timeline! we seen him survive the spell the 1st time there is NO WAY he could have been killed by it a 2nd time or b4...THINK ABOUT IT

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
if u havent played ocarina of time or the other games below it, dont expect to understand this fully (like i dont have a clue what is happening after ocarina of time)
anyway at least nintendo were able to pull it off. I BELIEVE as one said before that they have conjured this after collecting whatever games they have already released

trying creating a timeline for final fantasy

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the timeline actually makes sense this way... but, I found really stupid to base an entire timeline on link being defeated
they can actually do the same with every game (what if link fails on skyward sword?, what if link fails on twilight princess? what if... you get the point)

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is making more sense

Adventure of link is squeal of legend of zedla

Link to the past clearly a prequel of legend of zelda

LA squeal of LTTP

Ocarina of time set out to be a prequel of Link to the past

and so on....

You see, I hate people who say these games are no way in connection with each other, Nintendo has been building connections game after game released. They have had a master timeline since the beginning.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at least, they've respected all the previous confirmations that they've made during all these years... like "OoT predates ALttP", "ALttP is a prequel of Zelda1", "Minish Cap comes before OoT"

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hardcore fans won't like it although many people have been asking for this for a long time. I am a huge zelda fan, and this doesn't bother me too much. its pretty cool.

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Hero of Time defeated arc seems like Non-Canon to me. Sorry to the fans of those games that followed but, seriously, making an arc on a "what if Link in OoT died" is just filler crap. I was in the middle of playing all the LoZ games to figure out a timeline but now I'm gonna skip the Non-Canon/Spin-Off Arc. To me, it's on the same level as Pokemon Ranger, or Pokemon Rumble.

EDIT: In my hastiness I mistyped. Fixed

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uh, I don't think you know what canon means. Canon means te official/main arc.
The timeline makes a lot of sense, bar a few minor plot holes which main just be gameplay elements rather than story.

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand it all the timelines but one thing is still buggin' me... all the LoZ games in the Adult Arc are Toon Link...So what exactly is the split between Hero of Time Successful?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    It's the Switcheroo
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's the Switcheroo