Bvglm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys !!
So ... Since the launch of Zelda BotW's DLC 2, I've been having trouble updating the game, I've tried to download 5 times for Wii U itself, but without success, I tried to install the update 3 times through the Wup Installer, but also without success, I backed up the save, uninstalled everything and then installed everything again, and in the Update part, without success again !!
The game does not start, whenever I try to start it, it automatically starts downloading the new update

Can someone help me ?? I have Haxchi and CBHC, the problem could be in CBHC ?? I really want to play the new DLC.

PS. In Wup Installer, it crashes in 100%, by Download Manager, it finishes, but when it starts the game, it starts downloading again.

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys !!
So ... Since the launch of Zelda BotW's DLC 2, I've been having trouble updating the game, I've tried to download 5 times for Wii U itself, but without success, I tried to install the update 3 times through the Wup Installer, but also without success, I backed up the save, uninstalled everything and then installed everything again, and in the Update part, without success again !!
The game does not start, whenever I try to start it, it automatically starts downloading the new update

Can someone help me ?? I have Haxchi and CBHC, the problem could be in CBHC ?? I really want to play the new DLC.

PS. In Wup Installer, it crashes in 100%, by Download Manager, it finishes, but when it starts the game, it starts downloading again.
This is a dumb question, but often overlooked. Did you try running NNU Patcher before attempting the update? If not try that.

Last edited by aykay55,

guillaume633

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have the same problem.
With version 1.4.1 launched dec-14 (yesterday), it requests a system update. (to 5.5.2 maybe?)
I have version 99.99.99 using CBHC. But BOTW tries to download system updates (which are blocked), it fails and it reboots. I am in a circle.

I guess someone will shortly find a solution.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem.
With version 1.4.1 launched dec-14 (yesterday), it requests a system update. (to 5.5.2 maybe?)
I have version 99.99.99 using CBHC. But BOTW tries to download system updates (which are blocked), it fails and it reboots. I am in a circle.

I have no idea what you guys are doing. I have CBHC installed to 5.5.1. I have never been asked for a system update to 5.5.2 when playing this game. Here are some tips:
-Are you using a DNS to block updates? If so, and you want to update Zelda through the console, don't forget to run NNU Patcher. It still works, I tried it the other day for Zelda BOTW.
-You're on CFW. So download that DLC and update. I have everything installed to USB, not NAND. They can be installed in any order (update then DLC, DLC then update). Install both even if you recently did. Perhaps there was an error.
-If updating through WUP, check that your SD card isn't corrupt.
-I put all files on my SD card via WiiU USB Helper and then installed on my Wii U via WUP Installer GX2 channel (yes I installed the channel not running through homebrew launcher. Much easier this way).

I have seen others say Zelda required 5.5.2 on them. I suppose they are either attempting to block DNS themselves and forgot to block something (DNS leakage) or something else weird is happening.

My question: why not install the 5.5.2 update? If you really are against doing so, then I might suggest one of the methods to block the 5.5.2 update other than the DNS method (maybe the meta.xml method?).

Edit: if you mean update 160, it's been trumped by update 176. If you meant update 176 then nevermind.

Last edited by OrGoN3,

Bvglm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have no idea what you guys are doing. I have CBHC installed to 5.5.1. I have never been asked for a system update to 5.5.2 when playing this game. Here are some tips:
-Are you using a DNS to block updates?
-I put all files on my SD card via WiiU USB Helper and then installed on my Wii U via WUP Installer GX2 channel (yes I installed the channel not running through homebrew launcher. Much easier this way).

I'm 5.5.2, and I tried to install the DLC + Update via WUP too (The channel, not the Homebrew), but before this, i tried to download via Console without this NNU Patcher, Did I get some kind of lock for trying to update via Console ?? Even having already updated other games before (even Zelda) ??

I think about uninstall the CHBC, then the Haxchi, then Format my SD, soooo, put all files again and reinstall all again, but with recent files.

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm 5.5.2, and I tried to install the DLC + Update via WUP too (The channel, not the Homebrew), but before this, i tried to download via Console without this NNU Patcher, Did I get some kind of lock for trying to update via Console ?? Even having already updated other games before (even Zelda) ??

I think about uninstall the CHBC, then the Haxchi, then Format my SD, soooo, put all files again and reinstall all again, but with recent files.
Before you go ahead and start redownloading/deleting/messing up stuff, download and run NNU Patcher even if you are on 5.5.2. Can’t hurt, right. I’m pretty sure it might have something to do with your console identity, so nothing wrong with spoofing it!

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No you can't get your game "locked" by updating it through the console.

Why on earth would you remove CHBC/Haxchi?

Akorax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I have the same problem.

Same problem, resolved it by updating RedNAND. Thread Here.
People are posting about this in different subforums it seems. Another thread is:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/breath-of-wild-dlc-game-usking-to-update.491840/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb