• Views 74,983
  • Replies 584

Patodox

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
No, USA consoles also have Spanish.

What, American consoles don't have Spanish and Portuguese languages? That's mind-boggling.

USA consoles obviously has Spanish, but the code is USes (Latin American spanish), the EUR game has a EUes language (Spain spanish). It's not the same for the console

You both are talking without knowing

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

DavionBlackwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
USA consoles obviously has Spanish, but the code is USes (Latin American spanish), the EUR game has a EUes language (Spain spanish). It's not the same for the console

Doesn't matter though? He should be able to play it still in Spanish, he probably has to check something in the settings.

My Wii is in Spanish, in PAL, and when I loaded the NTSC Epic Yarn through USBLoaderGX, I got the latinoamerican version. Meaning he should be able to pick the Castillian version too.

Patodox

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Doesn't matter though? He should be able to play it still in Spanish, he probably has to check something in the settings.

My Wii is in Spanish, in PAL, and when I loaded the NTSC Epic Yarn through USBLoaderGX, I got the latinoamerican version. Meaning he should be able to pick the Castillian version too.
It is not working ini spanish, a lot of us try things and talk about this a lot a few pages ago

RonaldR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
They do. This guy just doesn't know.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You mean you have your Wii U in Spanish, but the EUR game loads in English? That must be a mocha cfw setting issue.

That's correct, my wii u is in spanish and the EUR game loads in english, It's weird.

RonaldR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

DavionBlackwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Don't be mad at me. Spain and LatinAmerica speaks differents spanishs. We have to "suffer" your translations on games for many, many years

To the LA ears, the mexican version (USes) is a lot more comfortable

I am aware of that, and it's okay. But the same "a todo gas, hostia, coño" argument is starting to be frankly the worst. You guys have your shitty mistakes in dubs, too. Can you people just simply say ours version sounds different to yours instead of saying it's plain shit? :P

Patodox

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I am aware of that, and it's okay. But the same "a todo gas, hostia, coño" argument is starting to be frankly the worst. You guys have your shitty mistakes in dubs, too. Can you people just simply say ours version sounds different to yours instead of saying it's plain shit? :P
The Lamerican translations of TV series are so, so lame, I prefer to see the TV shows in english

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odd video. Internal memory will almost always if not always be faster than the external device.
Also if you noticed theres basically no difference in speed between optical ssd hdd and internal memory on the video :/

It doesnt matter how much faster the hdd or sdd is because the usb on wiiu is slower than the standard USB2 which is already SHIT slow decades old interface.
In my opinion at least. Im not a technician though :)

Edit: theres really not many small files in the game directories :)

I would agree that the video is odd with ssd beating internal memory or at least being very close. It doesn't seem like it's the only case of someone stating something similar happening. though not a ssd; on our very own gbatemp https://gbatemp.net/threads/internal-storage-faster-or-ssd-in-usb.370627/

zergslayer69 quote:
So, interesting tidbit. I have the 64gb sililcon power usb 3 stick. I plugged it into the wii u and moved mario kart and mario 3d world over and tested some times. It was a really rough test with a stopwatch. Basically I timed it from the moment you hit A to select the game until you reach the game's main screen and the "press A button" shows up. Comparing between the internal drive and the flash drive, the flash stick loaded to that screen 4 seconds faster for both games. In addition, loading the same kart/track in mario kart, the flash stick loaded it 2 seconds faster than the internal. Most people won't care, but for those that wonder, this is your unscientific proof that either my flash drive is super fast, or the internal drive is JUST good enough. It's no SSD of any sort that's for sure.

RonaldR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
The Lamerican translations of TV series are so, so lame, I prefer to see the TV shows in english

Pero por que carajos hablamos en ingles si podemos hacerlo en nuestro idioma? :rofl2:

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Except Dragon Ball dubs. Those are really good but considering Spain's got an official Castillan dub of Dragon Ball Super I have no reason to watch it with an eventual Mexican dub.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
And this one is actually 100% faithful and doesn't make up shit. There's no "Onda vital" in here. XD
The Mexican/Brazilian were a little too faithful, they even used the Japanese terms "Super Saiya-jin," "Namekusei-jin" and whatever-jin -- That's unnecessarily exaggerated. I understand now why they used "Onda Vital" on the Gallego dub and such, it's like the English translation of Genki Dama for "Spirit Bomb."

I love that they say Super Saiyan on the Castellano dub like it should be rather than "Super-say-un." :P

Btw, will be picking up Xenoverse 2 for the Switch.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would agree that the video is odd with ssd beating internal memory or at least being very close. It doesn't seem like it's the only case of someone stating something similar happening. though not a ssd; on our very own gbatemp https://gbatemp.net/threads/internal-storage-faster-or-ssd-in-usb.370627/

zergslayer69 quote:
So, interesting tidbit. I have the 64gb sililcon power usb 3 stick. I plugged it into the wii u and moved mario kart and mario 3d world over and tested some times. It was a really rough test with a stopwatch. Basically I timed it from the moment you hit A to select the game until you reach the game's main screen and the "press A button" shows up. Comparing between the internal drive and the flash drive, the flash stick loaded to that screen 4 seconds faster for both games. In addition, loading the same kart/track in mario kart, the flash stick loaded it 2 seconds faster than the internal. Most people won't care, but for those that wonder, this is your unscientific proof that either my flash drive is super fast, or the internal drive is JUST good enough. It's no SSD of any sort that's for sure.
the video is nowhere "odd". it just shows what everybody should now: internal memory CAN be slow. it is not guaranteed that internal is always fast. in case of the wii U nintendo put the cheapest NAND possible into the console. that is why a SSD is way superior in access times. and USB2 on the wii U is somewhere at 25 MB/s which is OK for the most part. even if the internal NAND would be twice as fast it would not mean loading times cut in half. there is way more processing done than just loading files. that is why the video shows clearly one thing:
It does not even matter what you put on your external memory. go with the cheapest HDD you can find.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game seems to have Spanish when decrypted but for some reason it doesn't matter if your console is in Spanish or not.. the game language is always gonna be English. No idea why is this. Let's wait for the US Version.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I love that they say Super Saiyan on the Castellano dub like it should be rather than "Super-say-un." :P
Very true, it is uncommon to hear Japanese terms and names pronounced right in English dubs. But I would prefer the Japanese version anyway, and I've heard good and bad dubs in LA and Iberic Spanish...
That said some times in Iberic Spanish dubs they have a tendency of saying thing like "ee-seh-berg" that kind of make me cringe TBH.

PS: the iceberg example refering to some opening that I watched in some OVA perhaps of DBZ some 20 years ago, but things like that are common occurrences.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

DavionBlackwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
We pronounce Japanese names right.. and we aren't snob enough to pronounciate every single english word like how they do it, and end up sounding super weird like the latinoamericans.

As for why this game doesn't have Spanish, I can't tell, my Wii U is not homebrewed, I haven't tried it, but maybe the version of the leak doesn't have the other languages and audios ripped.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqw6t28P9po