Gaming Zelda BOTW : does it need a patch ?

Astral_

GBAtemp elder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
For you lucky Switch early owners, can you tell whether it requires a patch ? I'm getting my Switch at noon and my Internet (really) sucks at home. I'd be a little pissed if I had to download 2GB like the Wii U version.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I set my Switch up I skipped the internet setup. Once I was on the Home Menu I put Zelda in and it booted up just fine. So no, you don't need to update it.

Astral_

GBAtemp elder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well the Switch update was almost instant, and Zelda was 220MB which is fine.

Now to put the wife and child to sleep... Hyrule here I come !!!

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure the console had to be on 2.0.0 before being able to download BotW 1.1.0 since it enables the eShop. I did not try tho

Nah, I don't think so. It will play BotW right away on 1.0.0. and I do not care about eShop unless DLC for BotW. :)

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, I don't think so. It will play BotW right away on 1.0.0. and I do not care about eShop unless DLC for BotW. :)
They mean you can't download the Zelda update (220MB) until you first update the Switch because the update comes through via the eShop. You can play the unpatched Zelda on v1.0.0 though, which is likely what you did.

Reactions: spotanjo3

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i played Zelda before any system or game update fine. Then closed the game and updated both. System to 2.0.0 took about 2-3 mins. Zelda which was a little over 200Mb was kinda instant.

What i've noticed I'm really liking about the Switch is how snappy everything is.

Like quitting a game to getting back into the action is amazingly fast compared to WiiU.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated the switch but not zelda. when i launched zelda it came up with a screen like the wiiu where it asked to download it. i played for 10 hrs with out the zelda update. Take that Bethesda, only if you could do that. make a game that done need a day one patch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on