Hacking YuGiOh WC 07/08 doesn't work on DSTT

  • Thread starter Thread starter gigagamer
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 2,717
  • Replies Replies 13

gigagamer

Member
Newcomer
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Trophies
1
XP
113
Country
I have the games YuGiOh World Championship 2007 and 2008,When I tried to load the game, a disk error code pops out (still in the dstt menu), tells me to reset. So the game doesn't work but it works fine on my cousins R4. What should I do to fix this? Is there a new kernel update which fixes this problem besides v1.10? Well, the DSTT site is down so i guess no new kernels for now..
 
When you're copying the ROM over to the flash cart, make sure you do one file at a time. If you drop, like, say, 5 files onto the flash cart at once, it will get confused and then refuse to load the ROM. So far this method of dropping one file at a time has worked for every ROM, except Contra (U).
 
I don't have YuGiOh World Championship, so I can't say for sure that it works with the DSTT. But I don't recall seeing any posts that it doesn't work.

Kernel v1.10 is currently the latest. It's possible that your rom is corrupt, as dejj suggests.

You can use Rominator to organize your roms -- it has a rom validator (to make sure your roms aren't corrupt when you downloaded them) and a queue that copies over your roms one at a time.

Also consider that the microSD reader that came with the DSTT isn't the greatest and people often have problems with it corrupting their files during copying (even with Rominator).

Finally, make sure all your games are in a "games" folder on your microSD (not on the root) and make sure you have free space on your microSD for save files.

-Bri
 
dejj said:
When you're copying the ROM over to the flash cart, make sure you do one file at a time. If you drop, like, say, 5 files onto the flash cart at once, it will get confused and then refuse to load the ROM. So far this method of dropping one file at a time has worked for every ROM, except Contra (U).
watch your words
i have played contra till now and it worked perfectly without freeze/lag/hang
DSTT has 100% compatibility so don't say anything bad about this Cart
i used the latest version 1.10
 
DonLeon, so are you using the US ROM? I couldn't get it to work, and I heard that several others couldn't get it to work either. So I'm trying out the Japanese version, which works!
tongue.gif
 
Just curious, did you try the US version with YSMenu? Sounds like gigagamer might be out of luck until they come out with a firmware update (unless he knows Japanese!).

-Bri
 
wait, wait, wait.. first of all what is ysmenu, whats ys? second, contra (u) works fine on my DSTT v1.10 also. third could you give me a specific rom code for accurate YuGiOh WC 07 and 08. ill try downloading again.
 
i used the eur version of WC 08 it worked fine but i stopped playing cuz it seemed boring
i used the org firmware like 1.8 or something if u guys are talking about the usa version then idk
 
elgin3 said:
I`ve never used Rominator before. Where can I download it, Bri?

P.S.
I`m using DSOrganize`s web browser for this reply
tongue.gif
I think theres a copy available for download in the Download section of GBATemp
smile.gif


P.S. Thats sweet! I cant wait to get myself a DSTT
 
elgin3 said:
I`ve never used Rominator before. Where can I download it, Bri?

Rominator thread is here (check the first post for download information -- there is an update feature in the program itself): http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=449...t=0&start=0

gigagamer said:
wait, wait, wait.. first of all what is ysmenu, whats ys?

YSMenu is a homebrew menu for the DSTT and a handful of other carts by Yasu. Yasu doesn’t want anyone to link to any pages other than his home page. Yasu’s home page is “http://home.usay.jp/” It's mostly in Japanese, but don't worry about that. To get YSMenu, follow these directions:[*]Click the "ETC" button in the main menu near the top beneath the title.[*]Select "Nintendo DS" (second item) from the table.[*]Search for "DS(T_T)DS" (CTRL-F) or just scroll about 2/3 of the way down until you see the heading in blue.[*]There is a scrollable text area beneath that heading. Select the first item in the scollable list (currently "2008/04/21 21:07") to download the latest version.To install YSMenu for DSTT:[*]Make sure you have the newest version of YSMenu and the latest version of the official TTMenu firmware.[*]Unzip the YSMenu archive.[*]Place a copy of TTMENU.DAT from the original menu into the same folder as the "ttextract.exe" program on your PC. Run ttextract.exe on your PC. Place the two resulting files (ttdldi.dat and ttpatch.dat) in the TTMENU folder on your microSD card.[*]If you want YSMenu to be your default menu, rename TTMenu.dat that is on your microSD to TTMenu.nds, then rename YSMenu.nds to TTMenu.dat and put it on the root (top level) of your microSD drive. If you want TTMenu to be the default, just copy YSMenu.nds onto the root of your microSD drive.[*]Place the skin files YSMenu1.bmp and YSMenu2.bmp into the TTMENU folder.[*]Edit YSMenu.ini. Place a semi-colon in front of the line that says LITERALS=LITERALS_JPN. Remove the semi-colon from the line that says LITERALS=LITERALS_ENG. Save your changes to YSMenu.ini and place it in the TTMENU folder on your microSD card.That should be it. If you are using TTMenu as your default, simply run YSMenu.nds. Otherwise, it should launch directly into YSMenu.

QUOTE(gigagamer @ May 14 2008, 12:51 AM)
third could you give me a specific rom code for accurate YuGiOh WC 07 and 08. ill try downloading again.

The U.S. Version of Yu-Gi-Oh World Champtionship 2007 is 0940
The U.S. Version of Yu-Gi-Oh World Champtionship 2008 is 1779

-Bri
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted