Yugioh 2010

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by darkdenizen, Feb 23, 2010.

Feb 23, 2010

Yugioh 2010 by darkdenizen at 1:43 AM (1,117 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. darkdenizen
    OP

Member darkdenizen GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i'm playing the patched version...and the framerate is total ass. has any one else tried this game?

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    There is a known lag during duels on all flashcarts

3. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    ROFL okay I fail.

When I first saw the release on the homepage I thought, "Cool Yu Gi Oh. Wait wtf. Why so many replies, its not like we can read the text anyway." Until now I completely ignored it cuz I thought it was in Japanese. Checked the NFO, its Multi6.

Kay I guess now I have reason to check this game out but if it has a slow framerate then maybe I'll wait. I'm confident that the official AKAIO fix will be better whenever its released.

Offtopic: I used to play the card game when i was a kid but they never called it 5D. What's diff between now and then. I'm guessing new monsters and characters but is that all? Do you duel the same way?

4. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Yeah you duel the same way. There are tag battles now though, and turbo duels (which are stupid; the only difference is you cannot use Spell cards unless you have Speed Counters). Also, there's a new type of monster card called Synchro, which makes the old Fusion type completely useless.

Yes the framerate in the game does suck, especially during duels when the AI is thinking a lot. This is normal even in retail carts, though the lag in flash carts will be a bit more noticeable. I don't think it has anything to do with whether or not the game is patched.

5. darkdenizen
    OP

Member darkdenizen GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm in the same boat. Its SO different. But it feels the same. I blasted through the first duel, but these challenges (like preset matches "win in one turn") are HARD. I don't know any of these cards at all.

6. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    Not really slow for me just annoying to wait for the CPU to think. Non hexedited just using the AR code.

7. kingofgamesgx

Member kingofgamesgx Hitokiri Battousai

United States
    i use the patched version it doesn't really lag to badly thats just the AI thinking (as the more cards you have on the field the more it thinks) it can be abit much when you have 9 card a piece on the field though :/