Hacking YSmenu

edbug

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i can get the YSmenu.nds to boot up of course but it cannot load up ROMs, which is pointless, i would like it to work properly, so when i turn on my ds it will be the default and will do the great things it does!

I really would appreciate somebody to explain to me in simple steps how to get ysmenu to work on the dstt!

"+ for DSTT users
Run ttextract.exe with OFFICIAL TTMENU.DAT.
ttdldi.dat and ttpatch.dat will be extracted.
Copy ttdldi.dat, ttpatch.dat and YSMenu.ini to TTMenu directory in TF.
Rename my YSMENU.nds to TTMENU.DAT and copy it to TF instead of official TTMENU.DAT"

tried this aswell, didn't understand it either:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=104810&hl=ysmenu

just doesn't make sense with me, i have tried so many different things?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To install TTMenu and YSMenu for DSTT:[*]Make sure you have the newest version of YSMenu. Grab the TTMenu firmware from the following link (it doesn't contain any fake-killer code whereas other versions might): http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2872[*]Unzip the TTMenu archive. Place the "TTMENU" folder onto your microSD card.[*]Unzip the YSMenu archive.[*]Create a folder named "YSMenu" on your microSD card.[*]Place a copy of "TTMENU.DAT" from the official menu into the same folder as the "ttextract.exe" program on your PC. Run "ttextract.exe" on your PC. Place the two resulting files ("ttdldi.dat" and "ttpatch.dat") into the "YSMenu" folder on your microSD card.[*](a) If you want YSMenu to be your default menu, rename "TTMENU.DAT" from the official menu to "TTMenu.nds" and place it onto the root (top level) of your microSD card. Then place a copy of "YSMenu.nds" onto the root of your microSD card. Then make a copy of "YSMenu.nds" named "TTMENU.DAT" on the root of your microSD card. You should now have "TTMenu.nds", "YSMenu.nds", and "TTMENU.DAT" (a copy of "YSMenu.nds") on the root of your microSD card.
(b) If you want TTMenu to be the default menu, place a copy of TTMENU.DAT from the official menu onto the root (top level) of your microSD card. Then place a copy of "YSMenu.nds" onto the root of your microSD card. Then make a copy of "TTMENU.DAT" named "TTMenu.nds" on the root of your card. You should now have "TTMENU.DAT", "YSMenu.nds", and "TTMenu.nds" (a copy of "TTMENU.DAT") on the root of your microSD card.[*]Optional: place the skin files "YSMenu1.bmp" and "YSMenu2.bmp" (these don't come with YSMenu) into the "YSMenu" folder. You can find a NDS-like skin here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=3082[*]Edit "YSMenu.ini". Place a semi-colon in front of the line that says "LITERALS=LITERALS_JPN". Remove the semi-colon from the line that says "LITERALS=LITERALS_ENG". Save your changes to "YSMenu.ini" and place it into the "YSMenu" folder on your microSD card.[*]Make a new folder named "games" and put a few .nds files in it. Always use the "safely remove hardware" utility before removing your microSD card from your PC. Place the DSTT into the NDS, place the microSD card into the DSTT, and turn on the NDS.That should be it. If you are using TTMenu as your default, simply run "YSMenu.nds" to get to YSMenu. Otherwise, it should launch directly into YSMenu and you can run "TTMenu.nds" to get back to TTMenu.

When you're done, you should have the following files and folders on your microSD card:

YSMenu.nds (YSMenu)
TTMenu.nds (TTMenu)
TTMENU.DAT (a copy of whichever of the above two you want as your default menu)

YSMENU (YSMenu firmware folder)

YSMenu.ini (YSMenu init file)
ttdldi.dat (extracted from the official loader using ttextract.exe)
ttpatch.dat (extracted from the official loader using ttextract.exe)
YSMenu1.bmp (optional skin)
YSMenu2.bmp (optional skin)

TTMENU (official firmware folder)

all the files from the official TTMENU folder are here

games (games folder)

your .nds files go here

-Bri

edbug

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bri, i really cannot thank you enough, i am ever so grateful!
You are the most determined person to give help on a forum to those who need it, i've ever seen!
I really think you should be made a mod or something!

Thank you so much once again

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're welcome. Actually, I have a text file with some answers to some of the more common questions (including that one) and I just cut and paste!

Glad you got it working!

-Bri

snooper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi, i got newly dstt from deal extreme and they dont work, do you think if i download the ysmenu it will be ok? sorry about this,,i have no idea!!

edbug

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh yeah, thought i should say, i'm on xp (not sure if vista makes a difference) and when you change the .DAT and .nds file names, you have to do in winrar to change to file TYPE overwise it'll just do the names. Just incase anyone uses the guide, and Bri, i am still very thankful! About time i didn't have 4 bloody brick games per page!

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
snooper said:
hi, i got newly dstt from deal extreme and they dont work, do you think if i download the ysmenu it will be ok? sorry about this,,i have no idea!!

You'll have to explain in a little more detail what's wrong with them, but it's unlikely that if they don't work with TTMenu that they'll work with YSMenu (which uses the TTMenu loader).

Also, it sounds as though you got more than one DSTT from dealextreme, and if all of them don't work it's likely that you're doing something wrong. Here are the instructions for installing TTMenu:[*]Download the firmware here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2872[*]Unzip the firmware archive. It should have a file named TTMENU.DAT and a folder named TTMENU (which will contain a bunch of files). Drag TTMENU.DAT and the TTMENU folder onto your microSD card.[*]Make a new folder on your microSD card called "games."[*]Put one or two .nds files into the "games" folder.[*]Remove the microSD card from your PC. Make sure you always use the "safely remove hardware" to remove the microSD card.[*]Insert your DSTT into your NDS. Insert the microSD into your DSTT. You should get to a menu with your games in it. Click on a game to run it.The above link is for a version of firmware 1.15 that's safe (it doesn't contain any fake-killer code). If your DSTT's are fakes and you try to run firmware from the official site on them, they will be destroyed (versions 1.15 and 1.16 on the official site both contain fake-killer code). But there is a way to recover a destroyed fake DSTT.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night