Hacking YSMenu Problems...

iNintendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was hoping somebody here can help me with my YSMenu problems...

I have setup YSMenu as a media replacement (center button on R4) and it successfully boots games etc. There's only 2 issues that are bugging me;

1. The file names in the top screen do not appear (I believe this to be a font issue, but do not know how to fix it).

2. On the bottom screen, annoying text overlaps the bg picture and file icons, making it difficult to see which game it is etc...

Are there any way to resolve these problems?

Thanks in advance for any help
smile.gif

PS This is what it looks like;

photo0481.jpg

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd say you haven't installed it correctly. It looks like files are missing from the TTMenu folder. Try recopying it.

edit : The TTMenu folder should look similar to this.

infolib.dat
language.ini
reset.mse
savlib.dat
system.ank
system.fon
system.l2u
system.u2l
ttreset.dat
ttsystem.ini
USRCHEAT.DAT

iNintendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I checked the directory and all the files were there. I have that directory (TT Menu), YSMenu.nds, and 2 patch files that make up the entire YSMenu folder.

I have an R4 Clone - The R4 SDHC Upgrade and so could not install the YSMenu as per normal, as I had to jimmy it a bit to work with the firmware...

Could his have happened by missing some steps in the creation/compiling of the YSMenu??

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Well the error messages being shown show that it can't open the files that are in the TTMenu folder. If they're definitely there then I'd say the problem is that YSMenu just isn't compatible with your card. Exactly which R4 SDHC Upgrade is it? What's the website address for the firmware?

edit : I just noticed you said the TT Menu folder is there, is there a space in it on your card?

iNintendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
my card's firmware is from this site;

www.r4i-sdhc.com

and no the folder has no space, the files are written correctly i just wrote that as a reference to the folder, not the actual folders name...

other people have said they have got this to work on their R4 SDHC card, but nobody has written how
wacko.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
The red box one is a clone of the DSTTi so you need to build YSMenu as if it's for a DSTT and not a R4. It's the problem with R4 clones, just cos it says R4 one the box doesn't necessarily make it one! lol

edit : Actually now that I think about it, with a bit of file renaming you might even be able to just install the actual DSTT firmware on your card and boot it as the media replacement instead of YSMenu. Remember to use the latest unofficial firmware though. Can't guarantee it'll work but it's probably worth a shot.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
iNintendo said:
my card's firmware is from this site;

www.r4i-sdhc.com

and no the folder has no space, the files are written correctly i just wrote that as a reference to the folder, not the actual folders name...

other people have said they have got this to work on their R4 SDHC card, but nobody has written how
wacko.gif
People HAVE written how. Your card is a DSTT clone, so follow the DSTT instructions.

Why are you putting YSmenu on it anyway? What does YSmenu do that the official firmware doesn't already do, with much less setup?

iNintendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the advic guys, theres so any diferent "ways" to get YSMenu on a DSTT so I'lltry them all and if any of them work I'll let you know...

And i want YSMenu on it because I used to have the original R4 and so am used to that firmware. The firmware for the R4 SDHC is slow, it lags and just annoys me. What's the point in settling for second best when you can get the best out of your DS Card
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu