Hacking YSMenu + Moonshell vs TT menu

Aganar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The YSMenu/Moonshell combo seems like a bit of a pain to setup, and I'm not particularly fond of YSMenu's GUI, either. So what advantages does it offer over the regular TT firmware, other than faster scrolling? The whole "ROM's can't be alphabetized!" complaint doesn't really bother me, and I rather like the default firmware's option to automatically enable cheats before loading.

Any real reason for me to switch to the combo?

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It has a good menu much faster it can play music videos pictures and text files directly has agood variety of skins an wallaper and is just waay better you can even add cheats soft reset dma mode everything but just much better

k3vin369

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Play Music and videos directly from the firmware
Easier Skinning
Faster Scrolling
No freeze while loading a game

theres more but I am simply too lazy at the moment. More customizable over the TT firmware.

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Aganar said:
The YSMenu/Moonshell combo seems like a bit of a pain to setup, and I'm not particularly fond of YSMenu's GUI, either. So what advantages does it offer over the regular TT firmware, other than faster scrolling? The whole "ROM's can't be alphabetized!" complaint doesn't really bother me, and I rather like the default firmware's option to automatically enable cheats before loading.

Any real reason for me to switch to the combo?
You have the option to go straight to your media (music, text files, video). It really doesn't matter if you're not going to use your NDS for media much. Also, if I'm not wrong, Moonshell boots roms up with the help of YSMenu, which has better compatibility with roms or something like that. I'm really not sure whether this is true.

If you're going to cheat a lot in games, you'd probably be better off with the DSTT firmware.

All it comes down to in the end is whether you're OK with the ugliness of it all.

By the way, it's not a pain to set up. Quick and painless for the most part.

MercilessDeth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The alphabetizing isn't really a problem, just use an app like Drivesort and it'll be taken care of. See, rather than sorting by alphabetical order, the DSTT's firmware sorts by date added. Drivesort changes the dates to force them into alphabetical order. Unfortunately, you'll have to run it everytime you add new ROMs to the card, but it's not a big deal.

Personally, I find YSmenu to be much better though.

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
PerfectB said:
The alphabetizing isn't really a problem, just use an app like Drivesort and it'll be taken care of. See, rather than sorting by alphabetical order, the DSTT's firmware sorts by date added. Drivesort changes the dates to force them into alphabetical order. Unfortunately, you'll have to run it everytime you add new ROMs to the card, but it's not a big deal.

Personally, I find YSmenu to be much better though.
But I heard it can corrupt your disk. I don't backup my save files much since I tend to forget, but if that happened, it would be the end for me.

Hardkaare

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
More m3sakura'ish and m3sakura is good
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users