YSmenu, Moonshell or whatever on DSLinker

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by firellius, Dec 11, 2010.

Dec 11, 2010
  1. firellius
    OP

Newcomer firellius Newbie

Netherlands
    Hello everyone,

I wanted to try the new Golden Sun on my DSlinker, but unfortunately, when trying to boot it, the screen goes black and, simply put, nothing happens. So I set out looking for a patch to fix this issue, and found that since WoodR4, patches have become obsolete.

I do not have an R4 card though. (At least, I assume I don't since I heard that DSLinker is actually a clone card)

So I continued reading and saw that someone mentioned YSmenu, and that that should be able to run it. So I downloaded it from the site that I could find. (Black background, lots of weird characters, scrolled down to the DSTT section or something like that and downloaded the most recent version. I also scrolled through it and saw the DSlinker mentioned at an older date, so I assume it can work)

But then I had to install it. I simply plunged my files on my card and tried to run it, oddly enough it worked, but I can't run anything through YSMenu due to the DLDI not being recognised or something. I tried to look around for an installation guide for the DSLinker and how to resolve this, but came up empty handed. Only R4 cards are mentioned.

Can anyone help me out? If it helps, I think the DSLinker is a clone of the N-card.

Thanks in advance

2. VatoLoco

Member VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

United States
    maybe you can manually dldi patch it. heres a dldi patcher linky with all the proper flashcart dldi files (dslink.dldi is in the download)

3. firellius
    OP

Netherlands
    Unfortunately, the unknown DLDI type message persists, even though I patched the .nds. I even tried a few other cards like R4 and Acekard to see if any of them works, but it looks like DSLinker can't run YSmenu. Is there any other option for me to run Golden Sun?

4. avenir

Member avenir GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Buy a better flashcart; n-card won't support golden sun
    Or do you wanna try patching nds directly?

5. firellius
    OP

Netherlands
    I was hoping for a patch for the Golden Sun .nds. But since that won't be coming (Due to WoodR4) I was hoping to get YSmenu working on it.

But it looks like that won't work either. Too bad...