YSMenu Cheat help

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by thunduaga, Jul 9, 2009.

Jul 9, 2009

YSMenu Cheat help by thunduaga at 1:21 AM (1,150 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. thunduaga
    OP

Newcomer thunduaga Advanced Member

United States
    i recently switched to the YSMenu and my english patched JUS wasnt loading(Although the unpatched was fine) i then read here that you can do this crazy ARM7 patch thing. worked perfectly no problems but now the game ID has changed. so i go and make a new Game in the codelist and add the English + ARM7 patched JUS into the database but the game still acts like theres no cheats for it. were did i go wrong? maby patching it before i patched it with the ARM7 patch was wrong? maby i need an untrimmed version before ARM7 patch? Maby the ARM7 patch doesnt allow cheats? maby i screwed u something in the cheat database? idono please help

2. BKZ

Member BKZ GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Did you press the ... button on R4CCE? After you press that button look for your patched rom and press ok, and save your cheat database.

3. GenesisX

Member GenesisX GBAtemp Fan

United States
    basicly.. get the game ID and change it with the other JUS english

4. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    if game ID is correct then are you using usrcheat.dat ?

5. thunduaga
    OP

United States
    ok i fixed it. GET THIS, everything was fine right? i did press the [...] button to begin with, im not retarded, i have the codes and everything its still not working, i pressed game enable..... still not working. BUT, ELIXIR DREAM GAVE ME AN IDEA! I KEPT THE _SYSTEM_ FOLDER JUST INCASE I WANTED TO SWITCH BACK TO THE R4 FIRMWARE, SO I REPLACED THE USRCHEATS IN THE _SYSTEM_ FOLDER WITH THE ONE THAT I HAD THE JUS ID IN. AND NOW IT WORKS!!!!! i dont know why that would work though, i meen it boots off of the TTMenu folder doesnt it? Well it works now, and i guess i shouldnt question why the YSMenu got its cheats from the _System_ folder.

thanks guys
    -definitely worth the capps

6. thunduaga
    OP

United States
    one more question though, sry for double posting. I cant seem to get PPE working, maby this is in the wrong section but does anyone know if thers a common problem loading PPEE on the YSMenu? thanks again for the help guys

7. OtakuGamerZ

Member OtakuGamerZ GBAtemp Fan

United States
    try moving the thumbs.db file to the TTMenu folder. I think thats how i fixed my ysmenu cheats.