Homebrew YSmenu akaio 1.5 question....

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't bump threads after 10 minutes, give people time to respond. You've been here long enough to know that.

And why are you trying to use MS + YSMenu with AKAIO. I can understand Moonshell but why not just use AKAIO to load your stuff?

Moduular511

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
Don't bump threads after 10 minutes, give people time to respond. You've been here long enough to know that.

And why are you trying to use MS + YSMenu with AKAIO. I can understand Moonshell but why not just use AKAIO to load your stuff?

Because, with that you can load commercial roms inside of moonshell.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Why not just switch it off and go back to AKAIO to load your games? AKAIO has better compatibility then YSMenu built with the new DSTT unofficial firmware.

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
but wats the point, aslong as u have akmenu.nds in the roo of ur msd u can change from moonshell to akaio in a snap
i dont really see the point of ysmenu with moonshell, although it seems pretty cool

Moduular511

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i thought it seemed cool as well, but it doesnt seem to wanna work for me, moonshell stops at 25% at the loading screen

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well i wouldnt want to get it, its because ak tends to sometimes get bricked when using ys menu and its like 50 50
so i wouldnt recommend it and plus u cant use your old saves from akaio on moonshell

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
anaxs said:
well i wouldnt want to get it, its because ak tends to sometimes get bricked when using ys menu and its like 50 50
so i wouldnt recommend it and plus u cant use your old saves from akaio on moonshell

If it's an AK2i it's a guaranteed brick if you use YSMenu on it if you're using a DSi.

Moduular511

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
anaxs said:

If it's an AK2i it's a guaranteed brick if you use YSMenu on it if you're using a DSi.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M2govRGnD0
Uh no?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Moduular511 said:
TrolleyDave said:
anaxs said:

Uh no?

Have a look through the AK forum and you'll find plenty of posts mentioning how YSMenu can screw up the bootstrap loader and stop the card functioning on a DSi. As the info comes from Another World I'd say it's pretty reliable.

Moduular511

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
Moduular511 said:
TrolleyDave said:
anaxs said:

Uh no?

Have a look through the AK forum and you'll find plenty of posts mentioning how YSMenu can screw up the bootstrap loader and stop the card functioning on a DSi. As the info comes from Another World I'd say it's pretty reliable.

Well, It doesnt matter seeing as it wont work with akaio 1.5

robgraves

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't see the point of using Ysmenu to load ROMs from Moonshell, when you can just back out of moonshell and load roms from AKAIO

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to