Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabbynaruto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hey guys! Youtube noob here, kinda needing some help. First off, please don't jump on me for posting a new video here or something, I really need help (though this does also qualify as some sort of ad to my channel, so, you're right to jump on me, but please listen first). So, first off, I uploaded a walkthrough of The Walking Dead: Episode 1 today:

Not sure if you can see it or anything, since I got a copyright strike on it right away. Thing is, I expected a copyright strike when I decided to upload the video, since my phone rung two times throughout the recording, and the ringtone isn't exactly free, non-copyrighted music. On the bright side, I didn't receive a strike for that. On the other hand, the copyright strike seems to start at minute 30:42 seconds. At that time, if you can see, Hershel is talking. The one who seemingly issued the copyright strike is OmniaMedia.

So, my questions are:
- Do these guys have anything to do with Telltale?
- Can you actually copyright strike an unmonetized walkthrough video? (I'm not knowledgeable of the US laws, so, apologize)
- Why was the copyright strike given at that point, when the video is start to end about The Walking Dead (and I remember getting a fair copyright strike when I uploaded a clip of me playing Audiosurf, and the song I was playing on was copyrighted by Sony, but that was fair and the strike was from the start of the video)?
- Finally, is this a good dispute:

Claims to dispute

Visual content administered by:
OmniaMedia

Reason for dispute
This video uses copyrighted material in a manner that does not require approval of the copyright holder. It is a fair use under copyright law.
Explanation
I have a good faith belief that the claim(s) described above have been made in error, and that I have the right(s) necessary to use the contents of my video for the reasons I have stated. I have not knowingly made any false statements, nor am I intentionally abusing this dispute process in order to interfere with the rights of others. I understand that filing fraudulent disputes may result in termination of my YouTube account.
Signature
Gabby Zero

Thanks in advance and sorry for the inconvenience!

firearm4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also am a youtuber and I was also slammed with a copy right claim immediatly as my video was uploaded. They claim when I am talking and I say "Oh that looks cool" while I am opening cases on Counter-strike global offensive. I was given This copyright claim by OmniaMedia, A youtube network. I also believe this is a false claim and would like to know what the heck this is about.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like just a typical case of copyright trolls and cowards at youtube that give in to them.

Not saying I blame the cowards, would suck hard to have to spend money in the case of an actual suit, legit or not, but really just highlights the need for scrapping the entire copyright system and starting over with something actually fair and built on common sense. Yeah, I'm not holding my breath on that one either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...