Youtube App in canada?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by AngryGeek416, Nov 19, 2012.

Nov 19, 2012
  1. AngryGeek416
    OP

Member AngryGeek416 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Argentina
    Hey guys i just installed the new shop channel but i cant find the youtube app i heard its only available in north america so that should include canada but i dont see it anywhere anyone know anything about this?

2. OriginalHamster

Member OriginalHamster UStealthy

Chile
    It should be on Wii Shop Channel under Wii Channels. If it doesn't appear you always can change your country to US.

loco365 likes this.
  3. AngryGeek416
    OP

Argentina
    ok i changed my country and it showed up does this have any negative effect? like can i still play online

4. loco365

Member loco365 GBAtemp Guru

I thought I'd give this a try, but now, when I try agreeing to the terms, it gives me a "220602 Unable to Connect to the Internet" error.

5. AngryGeek416
    OP

Argentina
    i wouldn't no what to tell ya i did it and it worked fine

6. FullMetalEngineer

Newcomer FullMetalEngineer Member

Canada
    your error is something wrong locally.. It works for me perfectly being in Canada and downloading it using the same method by changing country to the US.

7. Overseer

Newcomer Overseer Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I didn't know an official channel/app existed. Has anyone got a vid or screenshots I can look at?

I currently use WiiMC to use YouTube; is there any benefit of the official channel over WiiMC?

8. FullMetalEngineer

Newcomer FullMetalEngineer Member

Canada
    yes it's much nicer looking than Wii MC, has captions, you can login to your youtube profile and you can jump to any part of a video. Wii MC can't do any of this.

9. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
  10. Overseer

Newcomer Overseer Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Can this be downloaded via ModMii?

(Not at home to be check)

11. _acid_

Member _acid_ GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I checked on v6.2.1, and couldnt find it

I guess we'll have to wait a bit

12. shortz1994

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    all i can say at this point is that it works waaay better then wiimc version.
    looks more like tablet when running (video quality). it really doesn't buffer an runs smooth as butter.
    also try out huluplus. . the only suckballs part of this app, you have to have a huluplus account.(just like netflix.) the resualts.. just like watching regular tv. no stopping/buffing issues.undefined
    ... why couldn't big n had put these channels on sooner is over my head. but to me the wii just got a shot in the arm.. who cares about wii u i can wait till after Christmas)..

13. shortz1994

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    all i can say at this point is that it works waaay better then wiimc version.
    looks more like tablet when running (video quality). it really doesn't buffer an runs smooth as butter.
    also try out huluplus. . the only suckballs part of this app, you have to have a huluplus account.(just like netflix.) the resualts.. just like watching regular tv. no stopping/buffing issues.undefined
    ... why couldn't big n had put these channels on sooner is over my head. but to me the wii just got a shot in the arm.. who cares about wii u i can wait till after Christmas).. also both of these can be downloaded from the new shop channel, with no damage done to the wii.