OtakuGamerZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0,1468,i=282934,00.jpg
QUOTE said:
YouTube is giving select users the chance to make their 15 minutes of fame last a bit longer by extending its video upload length limits.

The offer will will be available to "selected users with a history of complying with the YouTube Community Guidelines and our copyright rules," YouTube said in a blog post. To find out if your account qualifies, click the "Upload" button at the top of the site.

"Go find that movie you wrote and filmed last year and share it with the world!" YouTube said. "Or upload your son's championship high school basketball game or the insightful lecture you gave last year on the emerging economics of green tech. As long as it's your original content, it's fair game regardless of length."
This is the second time this year that YouTube changed its length requirements. In July, the site gave users an extra five minutes, allowing videos that were a maximum of 15 minutes long.

YouTube said that one of the things that allowed it to take away length limits is its Content ID system. This is a tool that allows YouTube to identify and remove copyrighted footage from the site.

"Over 1,000 global partners use Content ID to manage their content on YouTube, including every major U.S. movie studio and music label," the blog post said. "We remain as dedicated as ever to building and improving the most sophisticated technology in the world to help copyright owners protect their rights."

If a user wants to upload a video that was previously rejected for being too long, he or she must go to the "My Videos" section and delete the old video before adding the longer version.

YouTube recently said that users are uploading 35 hours of video per minute. Now that length requirements are gone, this number just might increase.

source

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's great, people can finally enjoy unrestricted video length for legal things.

People have tricks for bypassing this Content ID system though, they flip the video's image or overlay a faint audio track.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
Wait...How do you tell if your account was permitted to do that?

Well, I just went to YouTube and signed in. Clicked the 'UPLOAD' button. I read the description, which is:

QUOTEVideos can be...
High Definition
Up to 2 GB in size.
Up to 15 minutes in length.
A wide variety of formats

I could've sworn it said "Up to 10 minutes in length" last time I uploaded a video, which was a few weeks ago.

Holy cupcakes.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Congratulations! Your account is now enabled for uploads longer than 15 minutes. Click the Upload button below to select a video.

I would upload a picture, but I'm too lazy so SHUT UP OKAY JUST SHUT UP AND TAKE THE TEXT.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
I could've sworn it said "Up to 10 minutes in length" last time I uploaded a video, which was a few weeks ago.

Holy cupcakes.
No, the 15 minute limit was global for everybody and that was a bit ago, this is talking about a different one.

If yours is unlocked it will tell you at the top.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My account got updated. Yay.

Not like I need it though. Since my account is basically just jailbreak videos for the jailbreak guide. Which is by no means ever

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, I also did not get the upgrade.. I'm sorry if posting a Guitar Hero video nearly 3 years ago offended anybody..
dry.gif

Besides, if the GB limit is still 2, won't that in the end restrict video size?

Taichi24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice. I just checked my YT account and it says I can upload longer than 15 minutes. Have to try it out now!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol