Gaming Your Zelda BotW Disappointments?

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are/were your disappointments with Breath of the Wild?

For me it was the lack of water*. I was hoping that when the commercial unveiled with all the water scenery that Link would be able to explore those bodies of water. In the game he was only able to float on the surface and catching fish without a rod was weird. In previous games he was able to dive in or sink to the bottom and explore (except for windwaker, 99.9%water....)

*water exploration

Last edited by gameboy, , Reason: im a dumb robot
Reactions: Piebe and weatMod

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
I was disappointed with the lack of gadgets which would fall into the realms of what you're talking about because he needed iron boots and the zora gear to explore underwater. I was also disappointed with the lack of creativity in the boss designs and the powers which you were rewarded with were a bit boring, other than the wind lift ability which helped reach certain places. But other than that, I enjoyed it for a first attempt at an open world Zelda.

Reactions: weatMod and Nezztor

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
- Lack of unique obtainable items. I'm sure they could make this work even in an open world game.

- Sidequests are largely pointless, the rewards you get aren't worth the time it takes you. Since all spirit orbs are obtained from shrines and there are no unique collectibles, it ties into the first problem. I just miss how much more rewarding doing sidequests was in Majoras Mask. It all felt connected, the rewards you got were worth it, and filling up that notebook was a good feeling.

- The item durability. I don't mind the concept but the durability is just too low. It should be at least double of what it is, and they could just make good gear harder to find to compensate. If rare gear was harder to find and had a higher durability that would also make fighting mobs less pointless.

- Not enough variation in mobs. Not a big deal, but with mobs being so common it gets tiring to see the same Moblins and Bokoblins over and over again, with the occasional Keese and Chu-Chu.

- The dungeons. They weren't bad but they didn't live up to the standards of previous games. Too small and basic, not enough puzzles, and not enough variation between them.

It's certainly far from a perfect game, but I still love it despite its flaws.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-
- The dungeons. They weren't bad but they didn't live up to the standards of previous games. Too small and basic, not enough puzzles, and not enough variation between them.

yea, now that you mention it, they shoulda left out a few shrines and added the standard number of 8 mini dungeons

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I was disappointed that there weren't any elaborate cave systems to explore. What an opportunity they had to put cave systems throughout that majestic landscape. Caves would have been the perfect way to round off that game. Cave systems would have added another dimension to the game, especially given how they focused so much on exploring the topography of the land. Going underground into the depths of the land would have been as spectacular as it is to scale the highest peaks in the land.

Justin20020

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The dungeons - I like the standard dungeons and the standard gears. I hope, they will add these back in the next zelda game.

The Ganon fight wasn‘t epic to me. In the other games it was epic af and it costs alot of time to beat him. In botw it was easy and the champions did damage him so hard, that it was in the end to easy to beat him and yes, I agree with the water exploration.

Reactions: weatMod

MockyLock

Trophies
XP
Country
France
- Lack of unique obtainable items. I'm sure they could make this work even in an open world game.

- Sidequests are largely pointless, the rewards you get aren't worth the time it takes you. Since all spirit orbs are obtained from shrines and there are no unique collectibles, it ties into the first problem. I just miss how much more rewarding doing sidequests was in Majoras Mask. It all felt connected, the rewards you got were worth it, and filling up that notebook was a good feeling.

- The item durability. I don't mind the concept but the durability is just too low. It should be at least double of what it is, and they could just make good gear harder to find to compensate. If rare gear was harder to find and had a higher durability that would also make fighting mobs less pointless.

- Not enough variation in mobs. Not a big deal, but with mobs being so common it gets tiring to see the same Moblins and Bokoblins over and over again, with the occasional Keese and Chu-Chu.

It's certainly far from a perfect game, but I still love it despite its flaws.

I agree with you for amost all complains (except maybe the Moblins).

i would add my last real disappointment :
The inventory is too small to store all the suits...

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
-Voiceover is mostly a puff, really close to non-existent. It's 2k17 btw.
-Plot is close to non-existent too. Still.
-Combat system as well non-existent moslty.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

andeers

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Ganon. There are so many ways to beat him easily, the final form has no difficulty and I expected to fight the flying beast that surrounds the castle.

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lack of real dungeons was a big disappointment. But still a great game.

I can't believe they didn't allow us to control the menu on the Wii U gamepad. I can only think of development hell or a rushed release. I mean COME ON.

They had this in the game when it was planned as a Wii-U exclusive. Then they removed because they didn't want the Switch version to be inferior.

Last edited by Obveron,
Reactions: SkillingCat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.